Apr 28, 2024, 09:38 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Survival] Should we replace Towny with a Veteran+ world?

Started by Towelie, Dec 12, 2015, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we remove Towny (and the towny world) and add a Veteran+ world?

Yes
83 (91.2%)
No
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Dec 17, 2015, 06:54 PM

Lou671998

Always wanted one, always will. you'll be seeing an island emblazoned with my name soon.
I used to be lou, I have ascended.

Towelie

To clarify some things:

#1 I have set a broadcast in-game linking everyone to this topic and telling them their opinion is needed
#2 I do not know yet if you will be able to transfer your build to this world. To be determined.

As for excluding Guests and Members from this world, I don't think they will be very pissed, but even if they are, this will make things simpler for the entire server.
For example, world resets will be much simpler, and when they do eventually get to Veteran (or Donator) they can have their builds in this world too and worry less about  losing their stuff.

If I made this world Guest+, what would make it different from a normal world? It would still need often resets and it would pretty much be just another world.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

willhill2000

I will definitely come back and play if this is implanted.

Daniellel1999

Towelie

We just had a Manager+ meeting where we determined some more rules for the world. Default protection size will be 50x50, other details will be posted closer to the release date.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

GotAnError

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 13, 2015, 02:58 PMWe just had a Manager+ meeting where we determined some more rules for the world. Default protection size will be 50x50, other details will be posted closer to the release date.

Then I am not going to this world any more. My protection is much bigger and 50x50 doesn't leave much space for expansion.

I wish others lots of fun, though.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Towelie

Quote from: GotAnError on Dec 13, 2015, 05:03 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 13, 2015, 02:58 PMWe just had a Manager+ meeting where we determined some more rules for the world. Default protection size will be 50x50, other details will be posted closer to the release date.

Then I am not going to this world any more. My protection is much bigger and 50x50 doesn't leave much space for expansion.

50x50 is the default size. You can upgrade until 100x100 I believe.
Obviously, rules can change so how about you tell us what you think it should be.

Cireshie

How big will this new world be?
How big is world1?
World2?

GotAnError

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 13, 2015, 05:07 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Dec 13, 2015, 05:03 PM

50x50 is the default size. You can upgrade until 100x100 I believe.
Obviously, rules can change so how about you tell us what you think it should be.

Oh, okay. It seemed like it was the maximum size. This was in no way an attack on anything. I think it's a great idea which will make lots of people happy to play more often. I was just saying that, for me personally, 50x50 was a little small. This, because if our old builds are allowed to be moved, and I'd get mine moved, I wouldn't be able to protect it all, seeing as it's bigger than 50x50. 50x50 is big. Very big. But for me, it's not big enough as my build is already huge (result of building everything in one protection only).

I personally think that protection sizes are not all that necessary. But if they are, then at least combine them with sub-rules. For example, building underground barely takes away any of the land. So maybe these protections could be bigger? Same goes for sky buildings.

While we're on the topic, maybe Veteran+'s should be able to set their own protections? Takes away a lot of the workload for the Mod+'s. Although I am not sure if you can find a way to limit protection setting in such a way that Veteran+'s get a message like "You can no longer expand your protection!" whenever you have reached the max limit of 100x100. You could also go the B-Team way and limit the amount of protection blocks to the amount of hours you have played. Like, you get 50 blocks to protect every hour.

I also suggest the Legends are extra cautious in this new world. BCVing is even more important now.

And Architects probably will build in that world as well, right? They should have bigger protection sizes when they build something for the server and not for personal use, like a spawn town.

And how does it work when multiple people build something together? Will that protection be 150x150 because it's multiple people taking up just one protection? And how are villages supported?

Towelie

Protections will be from bedrock to sky. The reason we limit them is to fit as many people's builds as possible and to not reset as often.
100x100 should be more than enough.

Towelie

Quote from: GotAnError on Dec 13, 2015, 05:22 PMAnd how does it work when multiple people build something together? Will that protection be 150x150 because it's multiple people taking up just one protection? And how are villages supported?
We are discussing joined protections. Stuff is still being sorted, we don't know all the details yet.

GotAnError

Alright. Both sound reasonable. Sorry for my blunt reply.

Towelie

Quote from: Cireshie on Dec 13, 2015, 05:16 PMHow big will this new world be?
How big is world1?
World2?

Smaller and we'd expand as needed.

Towelie

Quote from: GotAnError on Dec 13, 2015, 05:40 PMAlright. Both sound reasonable. Sorry for my blunt reply.
NP. Also, the reason we do them from bedrock to sky is because since we disallow building / breaking blocks everywhere except on protections, people should be able to mine on their protections.

GotAnError

Quote from: Towelie on Dec 13, 2015, 05:55 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Dec 13, 2015, 05:40 PMAlright. Both sound reasonable. Sorry for my blunt reply.
NP. Also, the reason we do them from bedrock to sky is because since we disallow building / breaking blocks everywhere except on protections, people should be able to mine on their protections.

Oh right, to make your own mining space. Nice!

misspiggy95

Yea, But what would the pricing even be for upgrading? Some of the other players dont have a lot of money, even if they have a lot of logged hours.
I believe 50x50 would cover maybe half of just my house, let alone the rest of the environment ive been planning on building

Even on creative the plots work the same, but we could have ALOT more room. I have used all of my space on creative, and its huge.

Creating this world has its ups and downs, but if it were to be made, and prots can only be max 100x100 or something, I may just use it for creating a storage area

Melons are love. Melons are life

ochoaj

"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

cravend

I'm worried about my current towny world. I'm wondering if there's any way to get it moved (at least part of it) back to w1/w2. I've spent a lot of time setting up all my stuff, and I'd hate to see it just disappear. Is there any way I could get the 100,000+ emp I spent on buying and expanding my town back?

-cravend
Thanks to Mewiebowie for the spectacular avatar!

Towelie

Quote from: cravend on Dec 14, 2015, 02:25 AMI'm worried about my current towny world. I'm wondering if there's any way to get it moved (at least part of it) back to w1/w2. I've spent a lot of time setting up all my stuff, and I'd hate to see it just disappear. Is there any way I could get the 100,000+ emp I spent on buying and expanding my town back?

-cravend
Most likely we will allow a way to transfer stuff from towny world.

AlvaresMC

Yes I want this, BUT a lot of towny players (including me) spend a shit load of money on building and claiming plots. I hope that this will get refunded?

American_Walrus

We (Vet+'s) are still allowed to build in w1/w2?
If so, can I get  my build(s) moved whenever, or just now? (Planning on moving right before reset)
And we are still allowed to mine in w1/w2 as well?

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Dec 14, 2015, 12:53 PMWe (Vet+'s) are still allowed to build in w1/w2?
If so, can I get  my build(s) moved whenever, or just now? (Planning on moving right before reset)
And we are still allowed to mine in w1/w2 as well?
Everyone can still build/mine in w1 & w2 ofc.
Moving your builds is not a thing yet, unless you have a towny town.
In the event of a world reset of the world your builds are at, you will be able to request your build to be moved to the vet+ world, ONLY IF IT IS DECIDED SO at the time of moving.

SuperJK

Quote from: lou671998 on Dec 13, 2015, 09:32 AMAlways wanted one, always will. you'll be seeing an island emblazoned with my name soon.
Lou I can Build an EPIC Rustic House in Veteran+ world do /warp SuperJK to see my AWESOME build!

/warp SteveCoMuseum