[WARNING] DO NOT USE STEAM AT ALL AT THE MOMENT

Started by darknuju, Dec 25, 2015, 09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darknuju

Dec 25, 2015, 09:44 PM Last Edit: Dec 25, 2015, 10:24 PM by darknuju
I am not aware of the situation entirely myself but at the moment having just about any contact with steam could risk any account information you have including emails, credit card information, or any other information you have in steam

DO NOT:
Try to remove credit card information through steam it could only further the problem I would recommend closely monitoring your bank account the same goes for paypal

YOU CAN:
Safely detach Paypal from steam through Paypal.com but DO NOT go to steampowered.com or use Steam at the moment

this is all the information I have so far :c

EDIT: Here is the post on the steam reddit for likely more specific/accurate information: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3y7r0b/do_not_login_to_any_steam_websites/

EDIT: It appears not any contact with Steam but any contact with the steamstore or steamcommunity however I have chosen to and recommend avoiding steam altogether just to be safe rather than sorry

stormshooter

Dec 25, 2015, 09:48 PM #1 Last Edit: Dec 25, 2015, 09:53 PM by TeraStorm
QuoteIt's the middle of Steam's big winter sale, which means a huge number of people are browsing, buying, and playing games right now on the platform. Some of them, however, seem to have tripped into a major security hole. A variety of users on Twitter, NeoGAF, and Reddit have noted that they can see other users' account information â€" including addresses and credit card data â€" instead of their own details.

Steam Security Problem Redacted
This seems to be happening inconsistently, and it's not totally clear what the scope of the issue is. At least one of us at The Verge has been able to replicate it, along with other problems, like being intermittently logged out while browsing the catalog or seeing the storefront in various, apparently random languages. Valve doesn't appear to have made any statements about what's happening, but a moderator on Reddit's Steam group claims that the company is "working on it as we speak."

Update December 25th, 4:30PM ET: Visiting Steam's website or store now returns an error, although games on the service apparently remain playable.

darknuju

Thank you I was looking for some article or post to link to

JinxOnTheLoose

_iTzReKtPvp_

Damn, I was just about to buy CS:GO. I will wait to see this shit resolved and then buy it...
Anyawy, thanks for telling me! :D
Former Pocket Manager

fearthe1337

Locking this considering Steam fixed this.
This signature is for testing purposes.
All rights to this signature are reserved.