Apr 27, 2024, 11:54 AM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[Survival] SFTMechanics

Started by Towelie, Dec 31, 2015, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

As you remember, we had a plugin which allowed users to create Gates/Bridges/Lifts using Signs.
That plugin no longer worked / was too problematic, so our very own @ColesyM has made a new plugin, just for SFT, called SFTMechanics.
This will allow you to create Bridges/Gates/Lifts. Tutorial coming soon! (it works the same as the old plugin for old players)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

HS_destoryer

Ah thank you ,I was really missing being able to do that.

GotAnError

I thought it was a dead cause. I am so glad you guys managed to solve it!
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Green_Giant

That's great! Will have to get all the Events updated to this!

Cr1_98

iLaxrv10

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Sparkle_Sun

Can't wait to see this back!

Doctor_Thanos

That would be quite interesting. Thank you Tow and Colesy!

Towelie

Quote from: GotAnError on Dec 31, 2015, 11:12 AMI thought it was a dead cause. I am so glad you guys managed to solve it!
Told you it wasn't xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

American_Walrus

Yes, it's back! ;D My favorite plugin. Ty @ColesyM ! We can finally update/improve events

Towelie

Also if you guys have new ideas, about mechanics don't hesitate to suggest them here and Colesy and I will discuss and determine which are the best to add.

GotAnError

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 01, 2016, 03:39 PMAlso if you guys have new ideas, about mechanics don't hesitate to suggest them here and Colesy and I will discuss and determine which are the best to add.

Perhaps a way to enchant any item / block in the game instead of just tools? That way, you could create your very own Steve Co. sets, or just look badass. Maybe this could be a donation item? I dunno...

Cireshie

Quote from: GotAnError on Jan 01, 2016, 04:56 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 01, 2016, 03:39 PMAlso if you guys have new ideas, about mechanics don't hesitate to suggest them here and Colesy and I will discuss and determine which are the best to add.

Perhaps a way to enchant any item / block in the game instead of just tools? That way, you could create your very own Steve Co. sets, or just look badass. Maybe this could be a donation item? I dunno...
Doesn't Towshop do this? Maybe have it open more?

GotAnError

Quote from: Cireshie on Jan 01, 2016, 05:25 PM

I honestly don't know. If so, forget my comment. If not, I suggest a command is added for my idea.

Towelie

Quote from: GotAnError on Jan 01, 2016, 05:54 PM

I honestly don't know. If so, forget my comment. If not, I suggest a command is added for my idea.
Towshop does this and the whole reason I open it so rarely, it's because I don't want this to become a common thing, I want it to remain only as an emp drain and only when I feel like it's needed.
If Christmas was every day, would you still be so excited? xD

GotAnError

Jan 01, 2016, 07:33 PM #15 Last Edit: Jan 01, 2016, 07:37 PM by GotAnError
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 01, 2016, 07:01 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Jan 01, 2016, 05:54 PM

Towshop does this and the whole reason I open it so rarely, it's because I don't want this to become a common thing, I want it to remain only as an emp drain and only when I feel like it's needed.
If Christmas was every day, would you still be so excited? xD

Perhaps a zoom-in option for people with high levels of archery? Like when you charge your bow and hold the... ehm... F-button at the same time or something, you can zoom in on the direction your bow is facing? Like, how you aim with sniper rifles etc.

Also, could there be a way to add craftable capes? Much like banners, you'd be able to create a design and then you could wear them. They only work on SFT.

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: GotAnError on Jan 01, 2016, 07:33 PMCould there be a way to add craftable capes? Much like banners, you'd be able to create a design and then you could wear them. They only work on SFT.

I think this would be a great premium shop item, if it was able to be added.

Towelie

Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Jan 01, 2016, 07:39 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Jan 01, 2016, 07:33 PMCould there be a way to add craftable capes? Much like banners, you'd be able to create a design and then you could wear them. They only work on SFT.

I don't see how we could add capes.

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 01, 2016, 07:57 PM
Quote from: Sparkle_Sun on Jan 01, 2016, 07:39 PM

I don't see how we could add capes.

A plugin? Something similar to this: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/rankcapes/

Towelie

Server-resource packs don't work well. Maybe in 1.9 when mojang fix the bug that makes you download the pack at every join, we can.

GotAnError

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 02, 2016, 09:56 AMServer-resource packs don't work well. Maybe in 1.9 when mojang fix the bug that makes you download the pack at every join, we can.

Would be awesome to see if it works. Keep us updated.

Also, it seems Managers are bombarded with PMs and in-chat questions about prices in the EMP and what items can and cannot be sold lately. Perhaps a command like /emp could be added which gives you a book, much like the Slime Fun guide, and it has every item listed in it and shows information for every item like if it can be sold, bought and if yes, for which amount of EMP bucks. I know there is a list on the forums. But from what I have seen, I highly doubt anyone actually visits the forums to look at that list.

I know we have furniture, but why not bring back that feature which made us able to sit on staircase blocks and slabs?

Perhaps add a few magic classes to the MobArena? Like, a Pyromaniac, who can shoot fire balls or set the ground on fire. Or perhaps a Zeus, who can shoot lightning by right clicking his mouse (unless he has an item in his hand which can be right clicked, like a potion). Maybe an Aquarian, who can put water blocks above the heads of mobs to slowly make them drown; or perhaps those blocks could keep the mobs in place. Maybe an Earthbender, who can punch the ground from time to time to rocket all the mobs for a couple of blocks. Then all those mobs come falling back down and take fall damage. All magic abilities need time to recharge after being used. I dunno, just some thoughts.

Whatever happened to Towplanes? Were they removed?

Perhaps an iron ingot which you can right click and it opens up a calculator menu? Like, a Minecraft calculator. Although you can also just calculate stuff in your head or Google it, so it wouldn't be that much of a great addition.

That is it, for now. Sorry for all these suggestions...

Towelie

All good choices which take a developer. No point in writing code until after we updated to mc 1.9, that way we don't have to rewrite it.

Doctor_Thanos

Pardon me for asking but, how do Gates and Bridges work?

GotAnError

Quote from: Thanos on Jan 02, 2016, 03:58 PMPardon me for asking but, how do Gates and Bridges work?

Either put [gate] or [bridge] on the second line of a sign. Right clicking a [gate] sign will open a gate when the sign is put above any gate. A gate is a wall of iron bars or wooden fences. I believe a [gate] sign opens up a wall of 3x5. You can, of course, expand the sign's reach with redstone.

[bridge] signs remove or add a strip of 3x10-ish of dirt, grass or, I believe, glass, in the floor. Basically, a bridge you can "open" and "close". Also works for quickly rebuilding spleef layers.

Green_Giant

Quote from: GotAnError on Jan 02, 2016, 02:39 PMPerhaps an iron ingot which you can right click and it opens up a calculator menu? Like, a Minecraft calculator. Although you can also just calculate stuff in your head or Google it, so it wouldn't be that much of a great addition.
We have that. //calc <equation thingy here>