Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Please respect the laws

Started by Towelie, Jan 04, 2016, 05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandaPugz

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 04, 2016, 06:16 PM
Quote from: GotAnError on Jan 04, 2016, 06:15 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 04, 2016, 06:13 PM
Quote from: PandaPugz on Jan 04, 2016, 05:06 PMWhat if you ship two people together (AS A JOKE) but you don't know how old either of them are? Will you still get banned? Also, does shipping count as erotic fan-fiction? xD what if someone makes a fan-fic as an act of bullying, would the victim of it get banned too despite this situation? :/
Ship two people together? what does that mean. And no, your hypothetical situation would not get you banned.

Shipping means putting two people together as they fit perfectly in a relationship. For example, I would ship you with FearThe1337, because you two would make one hot romantic couple. Basically, shipping is creating a what if situation in which two people could be a couple.
As long as that doesn't contain erotic  references or look dangerously close to fan fiction
So, for an example:
If gotan made a fan-fic about you and fear, would all 3 of you be banned or just gotan?

American_Walrus

I think you guys are complicating this way more than you need to. (Most) staff can take a joke, we understand what shipping is, we can spot out the serious and the goofy. Just don't take romanticizing to the next level via fanfic or nudes. 18/16+s, grow up, don't date people underage. Just be reasonable.

teddy14668

Call_Me_Calamity

R&U appreciate the update.

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on Jan 04, 2016, 07:03 PMJust don't take romanticizing to the next level via fanfic or nudes. 18/16+s, grow up, don't date people underage. Just be reasonable.
Is that too much to ask or has everyone just become a bunch of god damn horny pre-teens ? (I would've used brats but it seemed harsh)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

PandaPugz

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 05, 2016, 09:21 AM
Quote from: American_Walrus on Jan 04, 2016, 07:03 PMJust don't take romanticizing to the next level via fanfic or nudes. 18/16+s, grow up, don't date people underage. Just be reasonable.
Is that too much to ask or has everyone just become a bunch of god damn horny pre-teens ? (I would've used brats but it seemed harsh)
Welcome to 2016, enjoy your stay!

killpaddy47

Check the forums for the first time in a while and this is on the front page of a small gaming community. Its just going to alienate and scare off people, the first thing they see as the page loads is the owner telling them they have a problem with minors dating/sexting adults within their community...

Imo a guy from Romania telling me to 'follow the law' with regards to anything except SFT isn't going to sway my decision. Your  half way round to world and not their parents, its their issue.

I take it you probably had 1 instance of this happening via skype or some shit and its somehow warranted a full blown investigation/post (just a guess).

I get it your trying to help but sometimes you just have to leave it or deal with the individual cases.

Also a well written SFT fan fiction sound toooo funny.

CaykoMarie

The last thing anyone (especially Towelie) wants is for something explicit falling into the hands of someone's parents/authoritative figure, and SFT being made to look like a breeding ground for illegal happenings.
It's sad that Towelie even needs to talk about this, but it's necessary.
Thank you, Towelie, for the post.

xaliejx

Quote from: killpaddy47 on Jan 06, 2016, 12:46 AMCheck the forums for the first time in a while and this is on the front page of a small gaming community. Its just going to alienate and scare off people, the first thing they see as the page loads is the owner telling them they have a problem with minors dating/sexting adults within their community...

Imo a guy from Romania telling me to 'follow the law' with regards to anything except SFT isn't going to sway my decision. Your  half way round to world and not their parents, its their issue.

I take it you probably had 1 instance of this happening via skype or some shit and its somehow warranted a full blown investigation/post (just a guess).

I get it your trying to help but sometimes you just have to leave it or deal with the individual cases.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

misspiggy95

I see both sides of the argument.

Yes, it is their personal life, and what happens behind doors is not any of our business,
 but what if you were a 10 year old girl and met a boy on here that said he was 11, and you guys start talking and one thing leads to another he's a 27 year old that creeps on girls,
Towelie is just trying to look out for not only the reputation of the server, but the safety of all the members that play on this server.

Melons are love. Melons are life

Towelie

Quote from: killpaddy47 on Jan 06, 2016, 12:46 AMCheck the forums for the first time in a while and this is on the front page of a small gaming community. Its just going to alienate and scare off people, the first thing they see as the page loads is the owner telling them they have a problem with minors dating/sexting adults within their community...

It is my business and SFT's business. Imagine what would happen if a pedophile would recruit a minor on SFT. I would be legally responsible or at least morally responsible. And people, you are acting like this is something that I don't want to happen but it is against the law. I'm simply asking you to follow the laws in your countries :\

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

jaytan216

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 06, 2016, 12:36 PM

It is my business and SFT's business. Imagine what would happen if a pedophile would recruit a minor on SFT. I would be legally responsible or at least morally responsible. And people, you are acting like this is something that I don't want to happen but it is against the law. I'm simply asking you to follow the laws in your countries :\
But people will do it anyway , thanks again for the reminder tho

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: jaytan216 on Jan 06, 2016, 01:01 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 06, 2016, 12:36 PM

But people will do it anyway , thanks again for the reminder tho
Not like we can watch private Skype and stuff, just if anything happens to surface, you now know what to do.

Long time StarNomad

Aymaneto

I honestly agree with you trying to protect us from this kind of situation, but don't you think its the parents responsibility and fault if something like this happens? Some teenagers/kids minds arent fully developed yet, meaning they dont know what they're doing and if its right or wrong. I dont know, just my personal opinion

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: aymaneto on Jan 06, 2016, 02:22 PMI honestly agree with you trying to protect us from this kind of situation, but don't you think its the parents responsibility and fault if something like this happens? Some teenagers/kids minds arent fully developed yet, meaning they dont know what they're doing and if its right or wrong. I dont know, just my personal opinion
Yes but allowing it to happen puts Towelie in the "hot seat", also this; "The rational part of a teen's brain isn't fully developed and won't be until he or she is 25 years old or so. In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently."

That is also why towelie made this post.

Long time StarNomad

Kaninka

2 of Towelies latest announcements lol

:zombie:

Aymaneto

Quote from: Kaninka on Jan 06, 2016, 10:10 PM2 of Towelies latest announcements lol

You sir, made my day.

darknuju

Quote from: Kaninka on Jan 06, 2016, 10:10 PM2 of Towelies latest announcements lol

Can we add a functionality to like posts more than once?

onionboys

girls are actually sending nude pictures over the internet to a minecraft boyfriend?

stormshooter

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jan 13, 2016, 10:04 PMgirls are actually sending nude pictures over the internet to a minecraft boyfriend?
And guys, ye