Apr 27, 2024, 07:04 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

The state of Super Fun Time [01/2016]

Started by Towelie, Jan 04, 2016, 06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: ReaperOfDerper on Jan 05, 2016, 01:54 AMA pvp server..? What type of pvp?(pot pvp, axepvp, archer pvp, grapple pvp, Kitpvp, or just normal pvp)
Something with modern weapons instead of swords/bows. xD

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: teddy14668 on Jan 05, 2016, 12:38 AMhe End is gonna be a lot better in 1.9, so maybe a lot more people would be interested in using /ender, the EventHost problem needs to be dealt with,
Quote from: teddy14668 on Jan 05, 2016, 12:38 AMThe End is gonna be a lot better in 1.9, so maybe a lot more people would be interested in using /ender,
I just hope it will be awesome in MP too and not just designed for single player again

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

@Scotmid - Set up an event host meeting any time possible when I'm also around (7:30 pm 9 PM bucharest time mon-fri or 10am - 6pm sat/sun)

ochoaj

I will definitely be encouraging players to vote whenever I am on the server!

Let's get these votes up guys!
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

ReaperOfDerper

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 05, 2016, 05:20 AM
Quote from: ReaperOfDerper on Jan 05, 2016, 01:54 AMA pvp server..? What type of pvp?(pot pvp, axepvp, archer pvp, grapple pvp, Kitpvp, or just normal pvp)
Something with modern weapons instead of swords/bows. xD
Hmm.. Im excited :D(Add fishing rods :3)

Doctor_Thanos

Jan 05, 2016, 07:18 AM #30 Last Edit: Jan 05, 2016, 09:18 AM by Towelie

I've got a few premium shop items to suggest:
1. Beacons
2. Decorative Command Blocks
3. Dragon Eggs
4. EmpBucks (Suggested price: $10.00 for 1,000,000.00 EmpBucks)
5. Make another world (like Veteran World) accessible only to Benefactors+ as another motivation for players to donate for that rank.
Another suggestion I'd like to make for the premium shop is to try accepting PaySafe Cards since it might be a lot more easier for some people to get them than PayPal.

These are my suggestions. Hope I have helped and I'll be sure to get a PayPal and purchase any items from time to time once Greece stops having Capital controls and I will be voting as much as I can. Good luck solving SFT's problems Tow, we're with you! :)

Dogggeh

Plz add emp to the shop for like a week c:

Towelie

Quote from: Thanos on Jan 05, 2016, 07:18 AMI've got a few premium shop items to suggest:
1. Beacons
3. Dragon Eggs
5. Make another world (like Veteran World) accessible only to Benefactors+ as another motivation for players to donate for that rank.
Another suggestion I'd like to make for the premium shop is to try accepting PaySafe Cards since it might be a lot more easier for some people to get them than PayPal.

These are my suggestions. Hope I have helped and I'll be sure to get a PayPal and purchase any items from time to time once Greece stops having Capital controls and I will be voting as much as I can. Good luck solving SFT's problems Tow, we're with you! :)
1. No. I want Beacons to stay as emp drain.
2. Decorative what-now ? I am not gonna sell command blocks to players xD
3. Dragon eggs - Yep, as soon as we figure out how to stop them from spazzing when they are right clicked. Because I do not want to deal with angry players complaining about their draogn eggs dissapearing
4. I know we aren't exactly 100% eula compliant but adding EmpBucks to the premium shop would be in direct violation and would further break the economy
5. No. Use the veteran world. Donators have access to it
6. We do accept PaySafeCards via Paymentwall

Towelie

Doctor_Thanos

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 05, 2016, 09:20 AM
Quote from: Thanos on Jan 05, 2016, 07:18 AMI've got a few premium shop items to suggest:
1. Beacons
3. Dragon Eggs

1. No. I want Beacons to stay as emp drain.
2. Decorative what-now ? I am not gonna sell command blocks to players xD
3. Dragon eggs - Yep, as soon as we figure out how to stop them from spazzing when they are right clicked. Because I do not want to deal with angry players complaining about their draogn eggs dissapearing
4. I know we aren't exactly 100% eula compliant but adding EmpBucks to the premium shop would be in direct violation and would further break the economy
5. No. Use the veteran world. Donators have access to it
6. We do accept PaySafeCards via Paymentwall

A command block can only be used by an opped player in Creative Mode. There will be no danger of anyone using/abusing it since as I clearly stated they could be there just for decoration. Think about it.

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 04, 2016, 06:01 PM1.4 Factions & Pocket
    Sadly saywhat2365 has been inactive from SFT and pretty much forgot about Factions & Pocket other than emergency maintenance. He has promised me that he is going to return after the holidays (so theoretically now), but I am a bit skeptical because it's not the first time he promises that  >:(  @saywhat2365  A little bit of public shaming never did anyone wrong.

Don't forget that Creative server!

Long time StarNomad

javcov

Quick idea Top Voter rewards like eg for pixelmon 1 random shiny if top voter for that month( starting with last month ;) )

SquidgyLeOctopus

To give my input, regarding the amount of players on the server, it's in the numbers. New members isn't a problem. There's no problem with SuperFunTime's survival server's new member revenue. There's always been a ton of new players each day. What gets to me though, is why don't any of those people stay? If we could get more of those players to stay, we would have more overall players. I think that should be taken in consideration of something to focus on. Let's look into new player behavior, see what we could improve to get new members to stay, and listen to feedback of how we can improve on keeping people here. Whether it takes a more friendly and inviting spawn, better start-off equipment, more server attractions, anything to keep people happy and enjoy playing. I saw you want to introduce new, fresh minigames. Lets look at these other servers and see what their offering to bring in more people. I admit myself when I'm not building and there's not much to do online I seldom get bored. What about more modern, trendy minigames? As well as more public attractions. I think having a pretty server definitely keeps people around. I hate to say it, but the spawn towns have looked better in previous Survival worlds. Also regarding public attractions, how about more communities/towns/player interactions? I know it was a big deal when CaptainSparkles featured SFT in a video for our old Spheretown and now that's gone. You'd figure that'd be something to keep. Just throwing out suggestions, I've been a member of the server for years now and I want the best possible outcome for it. Appreciate all your hard work Towelie, as well as the rest of the staff. Keep up the good work! Let's keep growing!

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 04, 2016, 06:01 PM1. A Quest-based (wild west themed) server being made by DuanetheDino and iLaxrv10 (for SFT)

By the way for anyone who is wondering, this is going extravagantly well.  ::)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Towelie

Would appreciate suggestions about how to keep more players.

Katherine

Jan 16, 2016, 02:29 PM #40 Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016, 02:37 PM by Katherine
Another promo video is coming soon. I hope you all like it. :)

Aymaneto

Quote from: Towelie on Jan 16, 2016, 02:18 PMWould appreciate suggestions about how to keep more players.
Add more voting sites, which makes more people become interested to SFT. Have more members invite more friends, this always helps. Another way is making a video to advertise SFT, You just have to make one regarding why people should play your server and state what features it has and what's so great about it

SquidgyLeOctopus

Jan 16, 2016, 03:03 PM #42 Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016, 03:38 PM by SquidgyLeOctopus
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 16, 2016, 02:18 PMWould appreciate suggestions about how to keep more players.

* Build competitions: Build of the month, maybe with different themes, etc. something to challenge players to work towards, decently rewarded, encourages players to have something to do when they're bored.
* Player recognition; Following up to my previous bullet, more player recognition. Stats maybe? Daily stats? Monthly stats? Most hours on, blocks placed, Most hours consecutively, etc. Something to give a challenge for players to work towards.
* PVP. Back when I first started PVP arenas were very common and a couple people loved PVPing. It doesn't seem so friendly nowadays.
* More towns/communities/player interaction. Sphere town was a huge success. One or two couldn't hurt.
* More player friendly spawn? Survival's World 1 Spawn has seen better days in past maps. More attractions around the spawn. Always loved the old spawn towns.
* Better start off gear for new players. Food, armor, maybe blocks. Change it up a little.
* Daily reward for logging on? Every 24 hours get something like XP, or some random surprise.
* More mainstream minigames in the future. Draw My Thing, etc.
* A freebuild world? Smaller sized map, everyone just builds in one flat area, build fun stuff and map gets cleared when it's too clustered.
* Quests, daily quests/challenges. Randomly assigned quest such as bring NPC 200 blocks of wool, receive a random reward.
* Bosses to fight, like ender dragon, that drop cool rewards.

Just throwing out a couple ideas.