Apr 28, 2024, 07:29 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

SFTRefer - Coming soon!

Started by Towelie, Jan 07, 2016, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Starting soon, you will be able to receive in-game goodies for inviting other players, courtesy of darknuju's newest plugin - SFTRefer.
It's currently being tested so ti will be a bit more till it's added.

How it works. Let's say you are a  new player brought to this server by TowelieDOH. You would do /refer TowelieDOH, indicating taht you were refered by them. They will then get a prize, increasing in value with the number of players he refered.
You won't be able to claim that more than one person has invited you, to prevent possibilities of abusing this plugin.

It was designed for MC 1.8 so Survival first, but it will be made to work for Pixelmon as well if it doesn't already.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Zesty

Wouldn't people possibly pay others to /refer them so they get greater goods?
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

TheStarNomad✯

Couldn't someone use alts to /refer?

Long time StarNomad

Lucazade13

Sounds like a good idea, anyway to check ip's to stop alt referring?

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

Green_Giant

I feel like only players with less than 5~ hours of uptime can use the refer feature. I also think there should be a rule about asking random guests to refer you when they first join, as I can see people trying that to get more referrals.

Towelie

Quote from: Dracorex on Jan 07, 2016, 11:05 AMCouldn't someone use alts to /refer?

No as we have an alt detection system which will prevent that

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Towelie

Quote from: Dusk_Magician on Jan 07, 2016, 10:55 AMWouldn't people possibly pay others to /refer them so they get greater goods?
May be an issue at first, but I am planning on asking darknuju to make it sure that you can only claim someone refered you when you have under 24h.

iLaxrv10

Thats actually awesome. Great job @darknuju can't wait to see it in action.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

darknuju

I hope you all enjoy it and will do my best to make sure it cannot be abused

SuperJK

Dark i cant use /refer i tried another player name and it didnt work

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Green_Giant

Quote from: SuperJK on Jan 07, 2016, 10:17 PMDark i cant use /refer i tried another player name and it didnt work
He's still making it as far as i'm aware. Hence "coming soon".

JohnOaklyjohn

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jan 07, 2016, 04:05 PMThats actually awesome. Great job @darknuju can't wait to see it in action.

Dkxpl126

Thanks for this Tow and Dark, we need more fresh faces :)

Tetrazona

Great. We need more players . I am glad to know that you want to make the game more fun than it is . :) ;). Thx All of you.
People's lives don't end when they die. It ends when they lose FAITH.
Former Pocket Manager.
Discord:TETRA#3532.

Brightpkz

Sounds cool, but my friends are way out of the age group for Minecraft, or gaming in general ;n;

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33