May 09, 2024, 05:24 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Players of Survival, what can I do?

Started by Towelie, Feb 04, 2016, 05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightpkz

Quote from: Vallith on Feb 05, 2016, 01:22 PM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 04, 2016, 10:49 AM
Quote from: Dogggeh on Feb 04, 2016, 09:01 AM
Quote from: Brightpkz on Feb 04, 2016, 08:56 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 04, 2016, 08:31 AM
Quote from: Vallith on Feb 04, 2016, 07:49 AMI would love to see a FULL reset on the server. Probably won't happen, but alot of old players would love to come back as a fresh start. Also, a resource world. I would also love a resource world.
A full reset WILL happen just not in the short to meduim term.
We would lose too many players right nwo and I have to constantly outweigh the benefits to the risks (aka how many returning players we'd get vs how many players we'd lose).

To be honest, I'd love a full reset myself, I'm just too scared

Yeah please no... Think about the players who are collectors of old steve co. items... Who spent so much time gathering those items...

Please don't hate on me but a full reset would be awesome for sft.

In my opinion the thing that i really enjoy about sft is starting from the start and just getting good playing the game.

idk but ye, nu hate plz

If you want to start all over again nothing is stopping you. Delete all your items, and don't use any of your perms. A full reset would r eally split the community a lot, and I don't think it really would ever be the same again.

I wasn't talking about permissions, only items, buildings, EMP.

Yeah... That's why Green was talking about deleting items and buildings but not using their permissions for an actual fresh start...

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Dday694

Needs more hostile mobs to spawn in my opinion

Kinda feel with survival your focused more on surviving by eating and not having to fear about mobs attacking you so you lose the focus of actual survival.

American_Walrus

Quote from: IPwnCreeps on Feb 04, 2016, 05:54 AMPossibly new, custom events? Everytime I'm on the event hosts literally host the same 3-5 events every single time. Also, the majority of the events that are popular and often hosted could be done in vanilla minecraft. It'd be interesting to see custom events using plugins.

About the same events being hosted, we would love to mix it up and throw more lava luck, leaf luck, mazes, and more in there, it's just we do not get nearly as many people when we host wipeout and spleef.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Vallith on Feb 05, 2016, 01:18 PM
Quote from: Miricx on Feb 04, 2016, 10:51 AMThis question has been asked for years, but no mods or plugins won't change the facts that it's still Minecraft. You can't just keep milking it, when there are other game servers that could be hosted. How about stop focusing on Minecraft so much, and start working on something bigger, outside Minecraft, instead of just releasing a dedicated servers of any games, without adding anything to it, like we've done for the past 5 years.

New game, new concept.

I would love to see a Rust server.

We had one but it failed due to nothing being added to it and or wasn't maintained.

HS_destoryer

I'm thinking of custom mob spawning.Maybe like giant zombies,skeleton/zombie horses,mobs stacked upon each other,ect.

ochoaj

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 04, 2016, 08:31 AM
Quote from: Vallith on Feb 04, 2016, 07:49 AMI would love to see a FULL reset on the server. Probably won't happen, but alot of old players would love to come back as a fresh start. Also, a resource world. I would also love a resource world.
A full reset WILL happen just not in the short to meduim term.
We would lose too many players right nwo and I have to constantly outweigh the benefits to the risks (aka how many returning players we'd get vs how many players we'd lose).

To be honest, I'd love a full reset myself, I'm just too scared

I completely disagree, we just had a world reset a few months back, and we just created a new Veterans+ world. Plus with so many new players that are coming on, it would push them away, as well as split the community.

Quote from: Dday694 on Feb 05, 2016, 08:37 PMNeeds more hostile mobs to spawn in my opinion

Kinda feel with survival your focused more on surviving by eating and not having to fear about mobs attacking you so you lose the focus of actual survival.

I absolutely agree with this, I feel like the mobs are too scarce on the server now. I remember when there used to be so much more in the past, and I'd like to see that come back.

Quote from: JohnOaklyjohn on Feb 05, 2016, 03:26 AMI know people will hate me for saying this, but I want to see more parkour. It is so much fun for me and it's the very reason I joined the server in the first place. *wink wink* Eventhosts. Build more.

John

I also agree with this. I see parkour so scarcely on the server that I forget it even exists.

Parkour is an easy game for people to play that would motivate the guests to play, since everyone understands the basics of parkour.

I would love to see it implemented into our server much more. :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

Zesty

Erm going onto the full reset idea, if people are afraid of losing their items, possibly making it you can pay for like a chest or more worth of items? So like, 500k-1mill/chest and you can put anything in there to take to the new reset. The more chests you buy, the more it will cost, so 500k for the first, 1mill for the second, 2mill for a third and 4mill for a fourth. The prices are out there, but a chest is a lot of room, especially for only needed recourses, possibly a stack of diamonds, a beacons and steve co items. It would balance out the lose of items, with the full reset. Also with the new reset, possibly adding as dday suggested more spawns, making it a bit more difficult, and even fixing up the kits, most kits are kind of useless such as kit food, and some kits are just annoying like farm- it fills your inv room up, and the eggs are glitches. So to recap, a full reset, with purchasable chests to bring items with you, new kits and more hostile spawns.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

happypinecones

Quote from: YugureHono on Feb 06, 2016, 05:30 AMErm going onto the full reset idea, if people are afraid of losing their items, possibly making it you can pay for like a chest or more worth of items? So like, 500k-1mill/chest and you can put anything in there to take to the new reset. The more chests you buy, the more it will cost, so 500k for the first, 1mill for the second, 2mill for a third and 4mill for a fourth. The prices are out there, but a chest is a lot of room, especially for only needed recourses, possibly a stack of diamonds, a beacons and steve co items. It would balance out the lose of items, with the full reset. Also with the new reset, possibly adding as dday suggested more spawns, making it a bit more difficult, and even fixing up the kits, most kits are kind of useless such as kit food, and some kits are just annoying like farm- it fills your inv room up, and the eggs are glitches. So to recap, a full reset, with purchasable chests to bring items with you, new kits and more hostile spawns.
Thing is if it were to reset, people wouldn't need money so the EMP would be worthless close to the full reset. Maybe donation?

henrywclayton

Quote from: YugureHono on Feb 06, 2016, 05:30 AMErm going onto the full reset idea, if people are afraid of losing their items, possibly making it you can pay for like a chest or more worth of items? So like, 500k-1mill/chest and you can put anything in there to take to the new reset. The more chests you buy, the more it will cost, so 500k for the first, 1mill for the second, 2mill for a third and 4mill for a fourth. The prices are out there, but a chest is a lot of room, especially for only needed recourses, possibly a stack of diamonds, a beacons and steve co items. It would balance out the lose of items, with the full reset. Also with the new reset, possibly adding as dday suggested more spawns, making it a bit more difficult, and even fixing up the kits, most kits are kind of useless such as kit food, and some kits are just annoying like farm- it fills your inv room up, and the eggs are glitches. So to recap, a full reset, with purchasable chests to bring items with you, new kits and more hostile spawns.
Thats a good idea, but you can create backpacks with slimefun which can be put into chests and kept in your inventory, so there would be little point

Towelie

I was thinking about letting peopel keep their collections of steveco items but just that.
If we do a reset, I'm not gonna let people keep their op shit, just steveco items perhaps, I don't even know..

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

iconic_miner

After 0.14.0 for pe, I plan on building mini golf. Maybe a dropper game as well.

If they work out well, I will try to make some others.

millsyboi

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 04, 2016, 06:02 AM
Quote from: IPwnCreeps on Feb 04, 2016, 05:54 AMPossibly new, custom events? Everytime I'm on the event hosts literally host the same 3-5 events every single time. Also, the majority of the events that are popular and often hosted could be done in vanilla minecraft. It'd be interesting to see custom events using plugins.
Could you please give us an example?

I remember the event I held in Tekkit went down well
(Before you say yes it sounds like Mobarena)

But it was a thing called PvM (Player VS Monster)
Where a team of players would be placed inside, a Manager+ would spawn random waves of mobs, getting harder each time.
The arena itself every game had different randomly placed traps for the players to get caught out on, just to add to the fun factor
(Piston trap doors opening to drop into lava / drops players into tunnel filled with cobwebs and spider spawners, just for the giggles)
The arena was a giant sandstone pyramid, so it had a cool theme to it.

Every now and then "Loot chests" would be topped up across the arena for the players

It was a lot more fun because every game was random, there were no set waves of mobs, and it was last man standing, and there used to be money prizes, item prizes, even a hilariously useless rare item just for the lols (like knockback 10 wooden sword) just because.
It was a lot of fun for the players and for the staff alike.
There was also leader boards placed aswell.
We even ran team vs team vs mob events in there, zombie hoards everywhere whilst teams tried to kill the other whilst fighting off the undead

The thing that made it successful? It had human interaction and human set up, unlike automated things, which added to the random factor to it, which made everything a lot more fun

Anyone from tekkit, if you remember my old PvM events, would you think its a good idea to try bring it back?

We even ran joker rounds, where ridiculous mobs like giants would be placed inside, and the only weapons players would get it wooden swords with knockback 10 enchantments, just because it was a lot more fun!

What48

Quote from: iconic_miner on Feb 06, 2016, 03:17 PMAfter 0.14.0 for pe, I plan on building mini golf. Maybe a dropper game as well.

That's a good idea but I don't think that there is going to be working red stone stuff just yet

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on Feb 05, 2016, 02:16 AM
Quote from: Miricx on Feb 04, 2016, 10:51 AMThis question has been asked for years, but no mods or plugins won't change the facts that it's still Minecraft. You can't just keep milking it, when there are other game servers that could be hosted. How about stop focusing on Minecraft so much, and start working on something bigger, outside Minecraft, instead of just releasing a dedicated servers of any games, without adding anything to it, like we've done for the past 5 years.

New game, new concept.

This, and the fact that we have this same discussion about what we can do for survival every other month. I liked survival more when it wasn't so bloated with plugins. Sure, some are nice to have but there's too many nowadays.

I feel we've become blinded about what we are: A gaming community. It's about time we give some attention to other game servers out there. We're overly focused on Minecraft when there are plenty of other games that can be hosted here.
I beleive we had this discussion in the past, but I am going to re-iterate my opinions on this - There are currently no other games which allow the level of customizability as Minecraft and which meet the magic criteria - someone willing to be working on them and spending their time improving those servers and thinking of new ideas.
I also don't see any other servers out there which will make SFT some revenue. I'm not gonna host servers just because unless they at least pay for themselves. So far no other game out there has proven it can do that.

Also, Survival and Pixelmon are the way they are because enormous amounts of work has been put into them, I'm not talking about 3-4 hours I'm talking about thousands of hours across years. Pretty sure @Dpa1991  can confirm that as the number of times I saw him pull an allnighter to work on pix -  I can't even count on the fingers of one hand.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

DJay

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 04, 2016, 01:12 PMI don't know how this would be done, but I feel like the key to renewed interest in survival is bringing the community together in some way.

The reason I always end up coming back to SFT after long hiatuses is because I find the community fun. I enjoy SFT because I enjoy the time spent with the friends I meet here. (It also helps that I find survival fun and it seems likely that will never stop, given that I'm still playing it all these years later)

Maybe this would be something like "If x people accomplish goal y everyone on the server gets z." (Sort of like vote parties, but a bit more involved.)
Maybe this goal has a time limit?
Maybe this is a "Each town (or guild?) can put forward x people to work towards this goal, and everyone in the winning town splits the prize" thing?

Perhaps instead of making these 'world event' type things, we start giving players an incentive to work on community projects?

I don't know what you should do, but I am almost certain the thing you want to do is bring the community closer together in some way.

As for events: I agree with what the others have said, we need something fresh, but I don't have any ideas with regards to events, either. I never participate in them because I've grown tired of the majority of them, and even then I can make way more money in the same amount of time by mining, so I really don't have any reason to participate. (I'm not saying you should raise the rewards for events - I think they are fine as is - that's just my reason for not participating)

Same reason I log back in - the people and always coming back to play survival & build -

+1 On the SphereTown idea - another very pretty attraction that has always gotten much attention. I'm not sure of the state of the economy but another way to take some cash out of the economy by selling spheres.

I also 100% agree with maybe putting forth some "Community Objectives" - idk it's survival, what else is there to do other than build? Work with prominent  builders in the community to maybe get some players involved with building longterm projects and possibly intertwine Fractalions idea of somehow awarding moneys/grants.

iconic_miner

Quote from: What48 on Feb 06, 2016, 05:31 PM
Quote from: iconic_miner on Feb 06, 2016, 03:17 PMAfter 0.14.0 for pe, I plan on building mini golf. Maybe a dropper game as well.

That's a good idea but I don't think that there is going to be working red stone stuff just yet
With 0.14.0 we will have everything I need for those. When we get pistons in some future update I will be able to do even more.
I will need packed ice for golf and Lilly pads for a dropper game but that will be an issue when I can actually get on.

SuperJK

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 06, 2016, 10:32 AMI was thinking about letting peopel keep their collections of steveco items but just that.
If we do a reset, I'm not gonna let people keep their op s**t, just steveco items perhaps, I don't even know..
@Towelie Steve.Co isn't OP and I also with the swearing i censored it from ur quote But what about a new project i'm making i am planning to make a water villiage  Soon!! ^^

/warp SteveCoMuseum

calfrokrill

Quote from: SuperJK on Feb 07, 2016, 07:09 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 06, 2016, 10:32 AMI was thinking about letting peopel keep their collections of steveco items but just that.
If we do a reset, I'm not gonna let people keep their op s**t, just steveco items perhaps, I don't even know..
@Towelie Steve.Co isn't OP and I also with the swearing i censored it from ur quote But what about a new project i'm making i am planning to make a water villiage  Soon!! ^^
He never said that Steve co was op, he just said that people should just be able to keep Steve Co items, not their OP items.

Zesty

If we do a reset, I'm not gonna let people keep their op shit, just steveco items perhaps, I don't even know..

Perhaps, just some valuable unobtainable items, that people have spent either irl money, or countless hours collecting? So that would include steve co items, and also custom items that were gifted from you, or items that just purely are impossible to obtain anymore, old donation items as such.

Slight problem tho, if a full reset was to come out of this, how would it affect our pstats hours, and ranks? Would you remove our hours uptime, if so that might upset certain people, but on the other hand, if you don't wouldn't it be a problem with ranking up? Or would you do what you did with factions, and just delete it, but keep it in the total hours?
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Zeph

A factions-esque team goal
We build our teams (Maybe 15 people max) - sort of like parties
By build our teams i dont mean each week a new team for example when im unbanned id probably team up with wards and tii and a few others
and we have to participate every week maybe to complete a 4-5 day goal...

Who can collect the most diamonds
Who can build the strongest pickaxe in this short time
Who can build the best mini city?

burgermis

I think a Draw my Thing would be super fun, like where one players draws and other plays guess what it is(possible rewards could be something like resources, xp, vote tokens, emp also?).
This is a really fun game if you are on teamspeak or skype with the other players, so you can just fuck around with them

Towelie

Quote from: burgermis on Feb 07, 2016, 08:25 PMI think a Draw my Thing would be super fun, like where one players draws and other plays guess what it is(possible rewards could be something like resources, xp, vote tokens, emp also?).
This is a really fun game if you are on teamspeak or skype with the other players, so you can just fuck around with them
We tried adding it, sadly it is not compatible with our current chat system (which is very much needed as it has a wide array of spam protection and so on).
However, @fearthe1337  said he'd take a look so maybe all hope is not lost yet

AlvaresMC

I think we came to the conclusion that like what mirix said, we milked all the cow juice out of survival.

xJade

Quote from: HS_destoryer on Feb 06, 2016, 01:04 AMI'm thinking of custom mob spawning.Maybe like giant zombies,skeleton/zombie horses,mobs stacked upon each other,ect.
maybe we can have what pix has like
[Server]A [Special Mob (Wither, giant, ect.)] has spawned in a [Biome]!
that way the server would be looking for the mob or something and once killed can drop vote tokens or steve co crates.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Green_Giant

Quote from: frankie_jay17 on Feb 09, 2016, 10:46 PM
Quote from: HS_destoryer on Feb 06, 2016, 01:04 AMI'm thinking of custom mob spawning.Maybe like giant zombies,skeleton/zombie horses,mobs stacked upon each other,ect.
maybe we can have what pix has like
[Server]A [Special Mob (Wither, giant, ect.)] has spawned in a [Biome]!
that way the server would be looking for the mob or something and once killed can drop vote tokens or steve co crates.
Actually like this idea. Perhaps every half an hour to an hour some kind of boss mob spawns like that, and people would go on a serverwide manhunt. I think that the world in which the mob spawns should also be stated on the message.