Apr 27, 2024, 07:30 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Pixelmon] Helper rank?

Started by Dpa1991, Jan 16, 2016, 05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnipeMasterShark

In retrospect, how would this affect ranking up as well as commands? Like I am elite 4 currently, and I use my elite 2/ elite 3 commands religiously.

Just spitting out something to consider, because unless the helper was already elite 4 and keeping commands, they would be in a bit of pickle missing a lot of commands and warp list increases and other rank perks etc for not being able to rank up, (staff may or may not be in same boat about this, I've never asked them before).

I guess they could just request rankup to an admin who is online, I just hate pushing these kind of things on other staff.

VirginianAE

I think it's a good idea for all servers. FWIW, I posted a suggestion, accidentally in the pixelmon forum, with the exact same suggestion about 6 months ago and everyone hated it. May want to take a look at the comments people had thete to see if there is any merit.

In Survival, I'd love to have "helpers" so I ciuld stop being called for important manager tasks like "help me find a cow".

Towelie

I see how this could work on Pix witht he shortage of staff but I don't see it useful for Survival. @VirginianAE

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Nubbun

Quote from: VirginianAE on Jan 17, 2016, 01:34 PMI think it's a good idea for all servers. FWIW, I posted a suggestion, accidentally in the pixelmon forum, with the exact same suggestion about 6 months ago and everyone hated it. May want to take a look at the comments people had thete to see if there is any merit.

-just pointing out-
Peops didn't hate the idea it just didn't seem needed 9month ago in April
but now that there is lack of staff this could "inspire" players who usually don't help to help more or somethin :P

\(◎o◎)/

VirginianAE

Quote from: magl on Jan 17, 2016, 01:50 PM
Quote from: VirginianAE on Jan 17, 2016, 01:34 PMI think it's a good idea for all servers. FWIW, I posted a suggestion, accidentally in the pixelmon forum, with the exact same suggestion about 6 months ago and everyone hated it. May want to take a look at the comments people had thete to see if there is any merit.

-just pointing out-
Peops didn't hate the idea it just didn't seem needed 9month ago in April
but now that there is lack of staff this could "inspire" players who usually don't help to help more or somethin :P

I'm not trying to assert why or why not people didn't like the idea, just that there wasn't a draw to it so it may be something to look into. Sounds like you have. Again, I think it's a good idea that other servers could also benefit from. I saw @Towelie doesn't agree, and that's ok. Just throwing it out there.

pwnswords

i like the idea i help so many people as it is with claiming maybe use this as a test for people to get jnub rank.
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

xJade

In Survival, I'd love to have "helpers" so I could stop being called for important manager tasks like "help me find a cow".
sorry for the bump but i do agree on this because when players need a dispenser placed they call a mod when it's Veteran+ or when people have problems with frames they call a manager+ when all you need to do is place a log and wait for it to pop out. and when guest need help and ask for it they don't use /sh or whatever and iv'e noticed it's a habit when a guest is asking for help staff doesn't notice.  because of the dull gray rank they have i can see where virginian is coming from. :p

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

Towelie

@Dpa1991  - Will this be added? If yes, I need to know so I can get a badge made.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796