Apr 27, 2024, 01:43 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] New Event Ideas

Started by American_Walrus, Feb 07, 2016, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzdaer

Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 08, 2016, 01:20 AMUpdate: We currently have 4 Event related thingies (no spoilers) in the works. Thanks for all the suggestions here, and keep em' up!

If there is no #ReturnOfTheJungleGames I will be disappoint. Very disappoint.

itsConnor_

A tournament with a bracket (e.g. 2-3 day event), e.g. PvP, spleef. Could also bring back Event League (official events every week that participants can earn points from and the top 8 after x no. of weeks play a play-off tournament to win a big prize)
Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

Lucy_23x

I have an idea, feel free to reject it with full force but I had a random idea of.. Minecraft football? Two plays/two teams pushing a mob from one side of the arena to the goal or coloured square, and that team wins? Or with fishing rods idk. Like I said feel free to reject this it was just a random thought I thought I'd share xD

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Lucy_23x

I was looking through other event ideas to see what else people had come up with out of interest, and someone mentioned boats and that triggered a seriously old faction memory.
Basically, drago, sparky and I made a game when no one else was on in this base ruin, and there were random huge pillars of water with no blocks in them, and we discovered that boats would float up these pillars of water if we could get them to balance properly. After we got up the water pillar thing (could be as low or high as you want) and we would sail off the water pillars and literally glide through the air, a bit like flying (but no hacking I will add!!) until we hit the water. The boats wouldn't break and we would do it over and over again.
From this lovely long story, you could consider "boat flying" onto a platform and whoever got there first would win, or who could get to a certain point up the water pillar.
This is horrendously long but thanks for taking time to read it! :laugh:

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Katherine

Quote from: rjpilot on Feb 07, 2016, 07:37 PMWould creating some types of sports be possible?

I was thinking that golf might work if you used bows and arrows (different enchantments on bows could be like different types of golf clubs). The arrows would be the golf balls, and then you could have a button on the ground for the hole.

I already made a 18 hole mini golf course which utilises ice physics by throwing items to slide along and land in a hole. It works well. :)

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Feb 08, 2016, 07:15 PMI have an idea, feel free to reject it with full force but I had a random idea of.. Minecraft football? Two plays/two teams pushing a mob from one side of the arena to the goal or coloured square, and that team wins? Or with fishing rods idk. Like I said feel free to reject this it was just a random thought I thought I'd share xD

Zatur6ay made an event like this here, it's been hosted a couple of times with good results.  :)

Green_Giant

Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 08, 2016, 01:19 AM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 08, 2016, 12:31 AM
Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 07, 2016, 10:22 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 07, 2016, 09:14 PMbumper boats

you get a large 2 deep water area and players get a boat and a bow last one in a boat wins

once youre out you cant shoot players anymore

no armor/weapons just an unenchanted vanilla bow (no sftmmo)
That's a nice idea, gonna experiment with this and see how feasible it is.

ive actually made this on xbox and theres a youtube video about guys playing they ate achievement hunter/Lets Play
Main thing i'm gonna test world guard compatibility (and similar), and the effects enchants have on the game.

Update on this: I did some testing to do with boats and bows, found some issues with it (when you fire an arrow from a boat in w3 all sorts of weirdness happens). However, after a bit of playing around, I found a different and original concept that could work as an Event. Gonna start creating it, and hopefully it works out. :D

teddy14668

Quote from: Green_Giant on Feb 07, 2016, 10:22 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Feb 07, 2016, 09:14 PMbumper boats

you get a large 2 deep water area and players get a boat and a bow last one in a boat wins

once youre out you cant shoot players anymore

no armor/weapons just an unenchanted vanilla bow (no sftmmo)
That's a nice idea, gonna experiment with this and see how feasible it is.
Yesss This is amazing! I would say Bumper Boats would be popular!

ABetterMonkey

~ [Survival] New Event Ideas ~

Loving the ideas everyone :D
these sound pretty good :D
I think we are going to have
to come up with a post like
this for B-Team soon :D

~ ABetterMonkey ~