May 05, 2024, 08:48 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Problem

Started by Towelie, Feb 10, 2016, 05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I asked @saywhat2365  to look into Altis Life and even helped him get the game.
PS: We currently have two quest / rpg servers coming up, made by different people, both with a lot of potential.
One is made by @Izzdaer  and his team and the second is made by @iLaxrv10 and @DuanetheDino

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Izzdaer

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 10, 2016, 05:59 PMPS: We currently have two quest / rpg servers coming up, made by different people, both with a lot of potential.
One is made by @Izzdaer  and his team

^.^ If theres any of you out there that likes an rpg aspect type thing then coming to me with ideas and propositions of the sort of things you would like to see on the server would be pretty awesome :)

BattleAxium

Quote from: Izzdaer on Feb 10, 2016, 06:08 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Feb 10, 2016, 05:59 PMPS: We currently have two quest / rpg servers coming up, made by different people, both with a lot of potential.
One is made by @Izzdaer  and his team

^.^ If theres any of you out there that likes an rpg aspect type thing then coming to me with ideas and propositions of the sort of things you would like to see on the server would be pretty awesome :)

Are these both Minecraft based or what? There's been no details given on this. But, I'm going to assume it's Minecraft based, and if so that's definitely not the same type of RPG as Altis Life.

Towelie

Minecraft based, yes.
And I didn't mean as them as altis replacements, just meant as new projects

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

RallyReaper

Setting up a altis server via the sft server might be hard to do and buying one is even more annoying. cause it's like 30$ a month. (which isn't the point)

But having that many games run by one person seems like a bad idea. Especially if the server files are anything like arma 2's. As arma 2's was written in complex SQL/sqf stuff and mission PBOS and stuff like that, just pointing out if you were to do that i'd get some more people to work on it. as that seems like alot to put on one person as that server to setup would be alot of work by itself.

eye_nine

Feb 10, 2016, 08:56 PM #30 Last Edit: Feb 10, 2016, 09:03 PM by eye_nine
I have not seen if anyone has said this, I would love to buy and donate but, most of or at least a lot of players and staff are under the age of getting a credit card. I wonder if there was a way to bypass this without dealing will someone stealing from a parent. I would not know of the matter, I think if we keep voting and inviting friends, (I already have recently gotten csemcet, Nikki_Nicole, and Pandi11 to join) the sever will be able to continue, I'd love to donate, but moneys a bit sort around my house. I will think of more things to help.

~ :heart: Eye_Nine :heart: ~

~ I came up with something, don't think it can help, but maybe it can. I know there are a bunch of SFT Players who play LoL. Maybe there is a way to make money off of that un-tapped market, if there even is one.

Towelie

Quote from: RallyReaper on Feb 10, 2016, 08:17 PMSetting up a altis server via the sft server might be hard to do and buying one is even more annoying. cause it's like 30$ a month. (which isn't the point)

But having that many games run by one person seems like a bad idea. Especially if the server files are anything like arma 2's. As arma 2's was written in complex SQL/sqf stuff and mission PBOS and stuff like that, just pointing out if you were to do that i'd get some more people to work on it. as that seems like alot to put on one person as that server to setup would be alot of work by itself.

If we do start one, yeah, I agree. We're not sure yet if we will open so that's what saywhat is investigating.

American_Walrus

We should get rid of servers like parkour and missile that people rarely play. If it costs that big of a toll, and it doesn't impact our player base much, what's the point? We will lose like 20-30 people to it, but possibly save lots of money. This, and voting and stuff

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 10, 2016, 05:54 AM(For example I spent $1000 on paying the web server for a year + renewing all the servers for 1 month)

krillskrail

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 10, 2016, 03:31 PMAbout the "Focus less on Minecraft, more on new games" thing.
We have tried. the truth is there aren't really any other games out there which allow the level of customization Minecraft does.
And for us to get players and donations to pay for our expenses, we have to offer something unique, not the same as 1000000 other servers.
Only other games I can think of are SA:MP (too old imo, would be willing to try if I had someone who was good at pawn - the scripting language it works in) and Garry's Mod - which currently @saywhat2365  is working on a revival of. (how's that going ?)

We can try servers on g-mod (garry's mod) servers on that game usually does well especially TTT (Terror in Terrorist Town) and Death-run servers. G-mod Servers cost just about 10$ for a 10 player server as a monthly trial. Some aspects to donating on a death-run server could be credit (IGM) for a shop or to make a shop donor only. People are more likely to donate on a TTT server due to the fact that theirs more options for a donor this way from bonus health to no fall dmg some players even pay just for a rank in the game. these gamemodes are also on tf2 and Csgo/Css.

Izzdaer

Quote from: American_Walrus on Feb 10, 2016, 09:26 PMWe should get rid of servers like parkour and missile that people rarely play. If it costs that big of a toll, and it doesn't impact our player base much, what's the point? We will lose like 20-30 people to it, but possibly save lots of money. This, and voting and stuff

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 10, 2016, 05:54 AM(For example I spent $1000 on paying the web server for a year + renewing all the servers for 1 month)

This ^

Quote from: 1KRILL1 on Feb 10, 2016, 10:19 PMWe can try servers on g-mod (garry's mod) servers on that game usually does well especially TTT (Terror in Terrorist Town) and Death-run servers. G-mod Servers cost just about 10$ for a 10 player server as a monthly trial. Some aspects to donating on a death-run server could be credit (IGM) for a shop or to make a shop donor only. People are more likely to donate on a TTT server due to the fact that theirs more options for a donor this way from bonus health to no fall dmg some players even pay just for a rank in the game. these gamemodes are also on tf2 and Csgo/Css.
TTT is happening i believe @saywhat2365 and gmod is something we have been ot before and know we are returning too.

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: RallyReaper on Feb 10, 2016, 08:17 PMSetting up a altis server via the sft server might be hard to do and buying one is even more annoying. cause it's like 30$ a month. (which isn't the point)

I really don't see how buying a server is even remotely annoying. There's an extremely wide array of hosts that offer ArmA 3 servers. Also, to someone who knows what they're doing, setting up the server really isn't hard. And regarding the cost, I've seen servers pull in 700-1000$ monthly from donations just on their Altis Life server. Battle and I both know 3+ people who know what they're doing when it comes to Arma 3 files, as well Battle knows a fair bit himself. Setting up the server would not be a lot of work by any means, fine tuning the server might take a bit of time, but that holds true to any game server.

Cesspitsid

Towelie, what you need is a small loan of a million dollars ;)

TheNoHeadedGuy

Please guys donate as much as you can, we don't want to lose SFT the most wonderful place ever! If we could get as many donations as we can, please donate!

blalp

would ads on the homepage and/or forums help?  I wouldn't mind them on the bottom.
Have a fantastic day!

Miricx

Quote from: blalp on Feb 10, 2016, 11:35 PMwould ads on the homepage and/or forums help?  I wouldn't mind them on the bottom.
if we're gonna add ad bars to the frontpage we might as well just sell our souls to satan

DuanetheDino

Got a job interview tomorrow, which means if I get money I can start donating again! Hopefully I can help cover some Survival/Pixelmon costs (whichever needs more), and like @djkirsh said, revamping Vote Rewards/Donator Shop items on Pixelmon would definitely help! Also, why was the random shiny pokemon pack removed? I donated for that like 3 times, and would definitely do it more if it were added back. Also, for things you would like to see added to the new SFT server @iLaxrv10 and I are doing (Wild West themed), please private message me on Skype as I am very active there. My Skype is vhydrus :)

omelott

Have been getting a lot of Birthday money in the mail lately, so I'll be sure to donate this weekend. :)

CaykoMarie

I'll try and see if I can put aside some money from each paycheck to try and help out.

xJade

well i've been jumping to servers with 1000+ people on and have noticed they have more minigames than just survival and factions we need to add more stuff on the lobby like what other players would play like capture the flag, hunger games, UHC things Youtubers would record on. just an idea and might bring more people online.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

MrC0W

Quote from: frankie_jay17 on Feb 11, 2016, 12:28 AMUHC things Youtubers would record on. just an idea and might bring more people online

Thing is though, a lot of the bigger YouTubers want money for recording on servers, and as money is the main problem here, there is a small chance of it happening. I know that Tow received an offer from CaptainSparklez years ago, and he declined it for the sake of SFT. I don't think that trying to attract YouTubers attention is the way to go.

Miricx

Quote from: MrUltimateCowHD on Feb 11, 2016, 12:44 AM
Quote from: frankie_jay17 on Feb 11, 2016, 12:28 AMUHC things Youtubers would record on. just an idea and might bring more people online

Thing is though, a lot of the bigger YouTubers want money for recording on servers, and as money is the main problem here, there is a small chance of it happening. I know that Tow received an offer from CaptainSparklez years ago, and he declined it for the sake of SFT. I don't think that trying to attract YouTubers attention is the way to go.
I'm pretty sure his idea wasn't to bring YouTubers on to record videos. His point was to add more minigames to the server like the bigger YouTuber-servers have.

Khaled

There is afew problems with that, just thought that I could state my openion :)

Befor you read this howso ever...
This comment is only in a friendly manner, I hold nothing for anyone or trying to be mean or rude to anyother, iam simply stating my openion as I type, please be nice through that and respect everyones openion. If you have a problem with that, don't even bother to read and simply scroll over :)

Most players and technicly minecraft as general is made for 5 year old kids to like 15, so none of them are even supose to have credit cards.

We can definitly draw peoples attention by adverticing, not spending 100$ on some small websites, I mean come on like if you were on amazon trying to buy a tablet for your little sis and find a minecraft ad, ehat are the odds that you would tap it, download minecraft and get on server. None, I mean minecraft ads is just an awful idea as it is it self. We can advertice the server using social stuff, mainly youtube! Having many youtube vids while still sticking to origin with alot of hits we would definitly have alot more people :) something funny.. Something entertaining.

Love. What is the thing differenting us and the other thouthand servers, technicly speaking.. Nothing, if we are just a minecraft server then I don't blame them, we should instead make this a real comunity so like every one would actually care about every one.

Attention to the servers. I remember once that pocket took around 2-3 month to update to 0.12, the lag is unstabdable and players have nothing to do other than barely 25% of the full minecraft pocket edition experincing, it how ever makes it up due to the fact that players can interact together build togethet and so on, this isn't the issue though nor that we can actuslly do mucj about exept for the lag, the issue is and simply.. These half abanded servers just need attention, to be fun. Like for pocket there are no event hosts, no events, no mini games. We just leave players in the world, Iam barly starting to create some events though. Still the other servers :)

About the actual problem though.. I have already talked about donating, we are simply young. I would vote for sure if I had the money and a credit card. About voting though. People are just way too lazy, its not orgnized, there is just no motive to, rewards aren't exciting or change and some servers take more than others so you just vote rabdomly if you even did, making a schedual, rewards and mobile friendly voting theme would definiyly make it amazing!

And love and friendship I assume, among all members of the comunity, would make people feel less threatened, like every one deserves to be treaten equally.

And in the end.. This is only my own personal openion, there is a chance this is right as much as their is a chance this is wrong, Thanks for reading! :D have a fasnating day everyone!  -Khaled

JohnOaklyjohn

Quote from: Calaurix_95 on Feb 10, 2016, 06:06 AMTow, sadly I don't have access to a credit card. I won't stop voting. Ever.
^^

PandaPugz

I would donate and buy some things but my dad is a bit untrusting of buying stuff for a server run by some random guy who (he thinks) could possibly steal his bank details... :/

My brother wanted to donate to a Garry's mod sever which he plays on quite a bit but my dad wouldn't let him for the exact reason I stated above.

Brightpkz

I feel like things servers like hunger games could be promoted more as a singular server. That'd probably attract YouTubers to check it out and promote SFT more.

Hunger Games could involve donator items like
Start-up kits
Next item-drop locator
Ranks
Access to iron upon startup
More food during startup
etc.

I feel like games like Hunger Games or Draw My Thing or just servers with self-hosting games that could end quickly are the way to go. This enables YouTubers to film greater content in shorter periods of time, attracting more viewers bringing more attention to SFT. Then, using the attention, the rest of the server could be promoted.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33