May 20, 2024, 11:01 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] The SFTMMO Rebalance update

Started by Towelie, Feb 24, 2016, 09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

• +Silk and +Diamond cant trigger at the same time
  • Nerfed Haste strength, decreased it's time and increased it's cooldown
  • +Tunnel wont work while player has Haste
  • Tweak mob spawn tagger to cover more spawn scenarios
  • Added mob kill counter that clears every 5 mins, if a player gets > 50 kills, they get weakness for 5m10s, if they try and clear that with milk before kills are cleared, they get slow and slow digging for 30 seconds on top

Hopefully these changes should fix some of the glitches that we've seen recently without upsetting the players too much (the alternative would've been removing powerups from your pickaxes so be glad we didn't do that)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

brotherband

So, say you had BOTH +Silk and +Diamond on your pick, which powerup has priority?
Or is a random chance between the two powerups?

Also, how long does haste last now and how long is the cooldown?

Fractalion

So. Say a person gets a powerup on their tool that conflicts with another powerup they already had on their tool. Let's say haste and tunnel, for instance.

Do we have a way of removing an unwanted powerup from our tools, or do we just have to live with it?

Maybe there is already a way of removing an ability, but I don't see it in the list of commands associated with sftmmo.

Brightpkz

Sounds pretty good... But why aren't magma cubes targetted yet? Their xp output is the same as normal mobs..

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

ColesyM

Quote from: brotherband on Feb 24, 2016, 09:19 AMSo, say you had BOTH +Silk and +Diamond on your pick, which powerup has priority?

Silk first IF it triggers, else Diamond always triggers.

ColesyM

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 09:23 AMSo. Say a person gets a powerup on their tool that conflicts with another powerup they already had on their tool. Let's say haste and tunnel, for instance.

Do we have a way of removing an unwanted powerup from our tools, or do we just have to live with it?

Maybe there is already a way of removing an ability, but I don't see it in the list of commands associated with sftmmo.

Currently only admins and myself can remove them.

ColesyM

Quote from: Brightpkz on Feb 24, 2016, 09:26 AMSounds pretty good... But why aren't magma cubes targetted yet? Their xp output is the same as normal mobs..

What do you mean by not targeted?

Izzdaer

Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 09:51 AM
Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 09:23 AMSo. Say a person gets a powerup on their tool that conflicts with another powerup they already had on their tool. Let's say haste and tunnel, for instance.

This being the case, is it now something we can call an admin+ for in game? And is there a charge?

ColesyM

Quote from: Izzdaer on Feb 24, 2016, 09:55 AM
Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 09:51 AM

This being the case, is it now something we can call an admin+ for in game? And is there a charge?

I don't believe there is any charge at all.

Fractalion

Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 09:52 AM
Quote from: Brightpkz on Feb 24, 2016, 09:26 AMSounds pretty good... But why aren't magma cubes targetted yet? Their xp output is the same as normal mobs..

He's asking why their xp drop isn't being nerfed.

ColesyM

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 09:59 AM
Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 09:52 AM

He's asking why their xp drop isn't being nerfed.

They should be, hopefully in this update.

brotherband

Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 09:50 AM
Quote from: brotherband on Feb 24, 2016, 09:19 AMSo, say you had BOTH +Silk and +Diamond on your pick, which powerup has priority?

Weird... my previous post isn't appearing. Anyway,

If I'm comprehending this correctly, this means that if you're mining diamond ore there is a 0% chance of +Silk triggering right?

Fractalion

Quote from: brotherband on Feb 24, 2016, 10:02 AM

If I'm comprehending this correctly, this means that if you're mining diamond ore there is a 0% chance of +Silk triggering right?

+Silk has the same chance that it always did.

If +Silk triggers, +Diamond does not.
If +Silk does not trigger, +Diamond will.

They just don't trigger at the same time.

Izzdaer

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 10:05 AM
Quote from: brotherband on Feb 24, 2016, 10:02 AM

+Silk has the same chance that it always did.

If +Silk triggers, +Diamond does not.
If +Silk does not trigger, +Diamond will.

They just don't trigger at the same time.

Nail --> head.

ChoctheMilkman

forgive me if I'm wrong, but does that mean if i get 50 kills at my spawner in under 5 mins i get weakness, or is it only naturally spawned mobs?

Izzdaer

Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 10:27 AMforgive me if I'm wrong, but does that mean if i get 50 kills at my spawner in under 5 mins i get weakness, or is it only naturally spawned mobs?

I would assume both, meaning yes you would, as from what I read I et the impression it's to dull down being able to grind for skills so.

But only colsey would actually know.

Fractalion

Speaking of weakness, the post says you have a way of preventing people from clearing it with milk.

Can we drink a strength potion to counteract the effects of the debuff, or does that get blocked as well?

ColesyM

Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 10:27 AMforgive me if I'm wrong, but does that mean if i get 50 kills at my spawner in under 5 mins i get weakness, or is it only naturally spawned mobs?

Correct. It means you can safely kill one mob every 6 seconds, spam it any faster and this will kick in.

Fractalion

Quote from: ColesyM on Feb 24, 2016, 10:40 AM

Correct. It means you can safely kill one mob every 6 seconds, spam it any faster and this will kick in.

Once 1.9 comes out, this probably won't even happen that often, anyways, since spamming does negligible damage.

ColesyM

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 10:42 AM

Once 1.9 comes out, this probably won't even happen that often, anyways, since spamming does negligible damage.

Most likely, unless they have a really OP weapon.

ChoctheMilkman

For someone who sits at a spawner 80% of the time this is a real game changer haha

Fractalion

Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 10:43 AM

For someone who sits at a spawner 80% of the time this is a real game changer haha

Quote from: Fractalion on Feb 24, 2016, 10:39 AMSpeaking of weakness, the post says you have a way of preventing people from clearing it with milk.

Can we drink a strength potion to counteract the effects of the debuff, or does that get blocked as well?

Assuming strength potions don't get blocked by the new system, they're probably your best bet for keeping your kill rate up.

Towelie

Please develop. What should we do to them?

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on Feb 24, 2016, 10:49 AM
Please develop. What should we do to them?

From what Colesy has said in this topic thus far, I believe they have already been nerfed.

Towelie

Quote from: ChoctheMilkman on Feb 24, 2016, 10:43 AM

Bingo ! xD