Apr 28, 2024, 08:42 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] Stuck on tier 1 - Need help from players

Started by Towelie, Mar 07, 2016, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

We need as much help as psosible for players who are stuck on tier 1 voting.
Please describe with as much details as possible what you did, when you voted, how many times you voted, how often you are voting and any other details!
We cant' seem to get to this bug so we need your help for that!

@Fractalion @IPwnCreeps  - I know you two had it for example.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Stoovs

The only times that I have ever had the problem with being stuck on tier 1 of voting occurs whenever I vote BEFORE 24 hours after I last voted. This occurrence happened yesterday and today I think I'm unable to test the theory because it's past the 24 hour mark.

I will look into voting like this once I get on a higher tier than tier 1/2 to see if it actually works that way, sort of as a guinea pig.

*This theory is in no way properly tested and could be wrong. Do NOT take my word as being correct. Further experimentation is needed to prove this theory.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

Towelie

This is fixed now! Please test people who were stuck (tomorrow)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fractalion

Going off of what Stoovs said, I get it regardless of whether I vote before or after the 24 hour mark.

After you bumped me up to tier 2 the other day I have been completely unstuck. I just got my tier 4 rewards today.

You said this is fixed, so I assume no extra information is needed for now, but if I ever get stuck again I'll be sure to let you know!

Towelie

BattleAxium

Same as Fract, Thanks for bumping me up. Thought I would be stuck on Tier 1 voting forever.

calfrokrill

It's been happening to me too, in fact, it's been happening for ages now. But I'll try, so thanks! :)

Towelie

IPwnCreeps

Voted after I saw this post and still on Tier 1, not sure if I have to vote again tomorrow to get to Tier 2 with how this was fixed, but I'll let you know.

BattleAxium

Was on Tier 4 yesterday, voted today and now I'm at Tier 0.

Towelie

Quote from: BattleAxium on Mar 08, 2016, 04:19 PMWas on Tier 4 yesterday, voted today and now I'm at Tier 0.
Normal. Tier 4 is max, then you get reset back.

BattleAxium

Mar 08, 2016, 05:05 PM #11 Last Edit: Mar 08, 2016, 08:17 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Towelie on Mar 08, 2016, 04:52 PM
Quote from: BattleAxium on Mar 08, 2016, 04:19 PMWas on Tier 4 yesterday, voted today and now I'm at Tier 0.
Normal. Tier 4 is max, then you get reset back.

Oh, I thought you stay at the same tier level, until you stop voting, in which case you get reset back. Seems a little ridiculous to have tiers if you are just going to get reset regardless.

IPwnCreeps

I've voted 4-5 days in a row now (Two times after this post was made) and I've been on Tier 1 every time :/

Towelie

Can you please vote tomorrow too and if that doesn't work I'll ask colesy to look into it ?
Because it seemed to work :S

IPwnCreeps

Quote from: Towelie on Mar 09, 2016, 05:02 AMCan you please vote tomorrow too and if that doesn't work I'll ask colesy to look into it ?
Because it seemed to work :S
Was tier 1 yesterday, voted today on Tier 3. Seems to work now.

Stancrazy

Still seems to be a problem for me, was on tier 1 the last two days, but now tier 0.

calfrokrill

Yeah, I was on Tier 1 for two days. Then I advanced to tier 2. Then, the next day AFTER tier 2, I landed back on tier 0. That was yesterday. And I'm still on Tier 0.

IPwnCreeps

Still broken for sure. was tier 1 for ~5 days straight, on the 6th day I get to Tier 3 somehow and again today I'm still on Tier 3..

Towelie

Fractalion

I'm having new issues now as well. I was on tier 2 yesterday, and I was reset to tier 0 today.

Towelie

@Fractalion  - That happens if you miss a day.
@ColesyM - Could we revamp the way this works and make it like so:

- You require 5 votes within 24 hours to vote.
- After the last vote of the 5, you have 24 hours to vote 5 times again. When the 5th vote is complete, you are tiered up
- Make the last tier last until monday. For example, if you get tier 5 on friday, let users keep it saturday and sunday too, instead of immediately resetting it.

Fractalion

I'm aware of how the system works. I didn't miss a day.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Fractalion on Mar 12, 2016, 01:26 AMI'm having new issues now as well. I was on tier 2 yesterday, and I was reset to tier 0 today.

I've encountered the same issue I vote one day at Tier 3, and the next day I'm Tier 0. I could start gathering proof for this since it's a common enough occurrence. I didn't miss a day as well.

Fractalion

Mar 12, 2016, 05:19 PM #23 Last Edit: Mar 12, 2016, 07:57 PM by Fractalion
Quote from: Towelie on Mar 12, 2016, 09:10 AM@ColesyM - Could we revamp the way this works and make it like so:

- You require 5 votes within 24 hours to vote.
- After the last vote of the 5, you have 24 hours to vote 5 times again. When the 5th vote is complete, you are tiered up
- Make the last tier last until monday. For example, if you get tier 5 on friday, let users keep it saturday and sunday too, instead of immediately resetting it.

I would advise against that. Several of the voting websites require you to wait a full 24 hours before allowing you to vote again. (Like, they aren't even lenient enough to make that 23.5 hours to give you some wiggle room, I mean a full 24 hours.)

If you make it so that people must vote five times within 24h of their last chain of 5 votes, people are just going to ignore those websites since they won't be able to get their votes there easily.

Instead, I propose this system:

• Your first vote of the day starts a new 'vote window'. The rewards you gain during this window are determined by the tier you are on when it starts.
  • The vote window lasts for 16 hours. Any votes received from that person during that time count towards it.
  • If a person votes five or more times during this window, they are moved up one tier. If vote less than five times, their tier is reset.
  • After the vote window closes, the player has 24 hours to open a new vote window. If the player does not open a new vote window in that time, they have their tier reset.

This gives the player an ounce of lenience when it comes to when they have to vote each day.

I work at home. I rarely leave the house for anything other than groceries. Even with my rather lax schedule, I sometimes forget to vote for an hour after the time I voted the previous day, sometimes something comes up and I have to do something before I vote again.

If I sometimes have trouble getting my votes in on time right at the same time I voted the previous day, I guarantee that other people are going to have trouble doing so.

Here's my idea on a timeline so it's a bit easier to understand.

All you should need to store to make the logic for this work is as follows:
  • The person, obviously.
  • The time that the last vote window started.
  • How many votes have been received since that window started.
  • The current tier.

All the logic for determining whether a person should move up a tier, reset their tier, start a new window, get rewards, etc. should only need to be performed when the person actually votes. This doesn't need to be an ongoing process.

You can keep the whole
Quote from: Towelie on Mar 12, 2016, 09:10 AM- Make the last tier last until monday. For example, if you get tier 5 on friday, let users keep it saturday and sunday too, instead of immediately resetting it.
thing as well if you'd like, but I'd recommend this is how you determine the tier a person should be on.

Towelie

This was fixed by ColesyM by adding a safeguard. Sorry for the late reply