Apr 26, 2024, 10:30 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

How would you feel if Factions relaunched?

Started by Towelie, Apr 28, 2016, 06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you feel if factions relaunched?

Good, I miss it
35 (40.7%)
Bad, Too much drama / Rule Breaking
24 (27.9%)
Eh, I guess it'd work with stricter leadership
27 (31.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Apr 30, 2016, 06:35 AM

Towelie

Apr 28, 2016, 06:34 AM Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 06:40 AM by Towelie
NOTE: This is just a poll which will help me see the opinion of the community.
THERE ARE NO PLANS TO BRING FACTIONS BACK!!!

Why am I asking this ? With Discord, it's easy to have a few staff members form other servers and oversee the chat to make sure a level of decency is kept.
If the server does re-launch, I can ensure you it's not going to be a free for all no -rule server there are going to be strict "no drama, no bullshit" rules which will have strict punishments (1 mo ban first offence, 3 mo ban second, forever third)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Annie

I like really want factions back (even though I'm banned forever) I really miss it

Lucy_23x

I know most people will say there was a lot of drama there and bullying, which I will be honest is true. I don't know why no one asked me for any information about it but hey my opinion was never asked in the first place X)
Anyway, I been on factions a long time and I know I don't belong very well on survival. No I don't very feel welcome on survival at all.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Brightpkz

Discord can definitely help factions. I think, with a good staff team, a factions return wouldn't be too much of a problem

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Zesty

Here are my reasons why it should come back. It wasn't that all the players were bad, horrific monsters trust me survival would be the same if it had as many players with that little staff, which brings me to my first point.

The lack of staff. Apart from Ender, you would rarely log on and see a Staff member online. This caused to a lot of problems/lack of assistance with rule breakers. I regularly had to go to Survival and request a Manager to do a global ban on someone. If Factions made a return, it'd need some staff which could help people from other servers. Factions need strict strong staff, survival staff that may need training could take a break and join this so they can practice in a different kind of 'setting'.

Secondly, the main people who caused Factions last shutdown, have been removed from SFT permanently, they can no longer ruin it for the rest of the players.

Thirdly, I've spoken to saywhat about some suggestions, if Factions made a return and some of these came true it would widen factions making it a more peaceful, even grounded server. Less people would complain about the 'op' factions and everyone would have an even chance.

Finally, it'd give a reason for a few people to come back. A lot of people only stuck around for factions, I myself had almost 1000 hours there and made many friends who, just left when it did. It'd bring some really great people back, and will just make it a more enjoyable experience.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

misspiggy95

Seemed like there was a lot of drama that happened in private messages as well, which is something you cannot watch from Discord obviously.

Melons are love. Melons are life

Lucy_23x

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Apr 28, 2016, 06:48 AMSeemed like there was a lot of drama that happened in private messages as well, which is something you cannot watch from Discord obviously.
Information gets around. It wasn't just factions either.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Zesty

Quote from: misspiggy95 on Apr 28, 2016, 06:48 AMSeemed like there was a lot of drama that happened in private messages as well, which is something you cannot watch from Discord obviously.
What you said, I'll admit is correct but most of it was between people from factions. None of this actually happened ingame for everyone to see, people knew if they had problems take it to private messaging. No one wanted the server or anything to be hurt ingame, we cared too much for that. So what you said is true, but it wasn't faction related. It was two or more players just arguing.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

TheStarNomad✯

omgomgomgomgomg okay I had more factions uptime than anyone else did, and I can safely say that after looking through several screens from 2014 factions was absolutely amazing. (Poor saywhat was being spammed with them)

However more recently (before factions was closed down) it was turning a little sour. My verdict is bring back factions, it may have been a place of um "drama" but it was still a server that I and many others, such as @Lucy_23x, enjoyed, and I would love to see the server I enjoyed the most back.

The issue about certain.. Stuff.. Being spread wasn't just all factions' fault, it was just becuase there wasn't much staff online and some were too lenient. So maybe with stricter staff and less strict rules, factions could be alive again.

Just look how much fun we used to have xD https://imgur.com/a/SSuoI

Long time StarNomad

Dogggeh

camster65

Quote from: IndefinitaHono on Apr 28, 2016, 06:45 AMThe lack of staff. Apart from Ender, you would log on and rarely see a staff member online

Thanks for this, so you're saying people like me and @garow93 did nothing in the time we staffed there, just because we couldn't use minechat to be online all the time doesn't mean we don't count for anything. We both always had at least 5-10 hours min each week

Zesty

Quote from: camster65 on Apr 28, 2016, 08:07 AM
Quote from: IndefinitaHono on Apr 28, 2016, 06:45 AMThe lack of staff. Apart from Ender, you would log on and rarely see a staff member online

Thanks for this, so you're saying people like me and @garow93 did nothing in the time we staffed there, just because we couldn't use minechat to be online all the time doesn't mean we don't count for anything. We both always had at least 5-10 hours min each week

Not trying to start a fight here, but I didn't say you both did nothing, I'm just saying that staff weren't always on, there was only usually one online at a time which isn't really healthy for a server. All the staff did what was asked of them, just they weren't always on is all I'm saying.

camster65

Apr 28, 2016, 09:22 AM #12 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 10:00 AM by camster65
Quote from: IndefinitaHono on Apr 28, 2016, 08:20 AM

Not trying to start a fight here, but I didn't say you both did nothing, I'm just saying that staff weren't always on, there was only usually one online at a time which isn't really healthy for a server. All the staff did what was asked of them, just they weren't always on is all I'm saying.

Ok sorry for the misunderstanding, that's fine.

calfrokrill

Well now this whole thread has as many arguments as the old factions.

To not go off-topic, I'll say that I voted that I'll be happy for it's return.

Dogggeh

If factions came back. It would certainly need garow and camster to help. and maybe xerxers c;

TheStarNomad✯

Well they can't always be on. There just wasn't enough staff members back then. Maybe this time, we could have a bigger team.

Long time StarNomad

Zesty

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Apr 28, 2016, 10:13 AM

Well they can't always be on. There just wasn't enough staff members back then. Maybe this time, we could have a bigger team.
A bigger team with people from Factions. I noticed everyone (apart from daboopie) who was staff, was also staff on atleast another SFT server which meant they could spend even less time. I'm not saying the staff are bad, or need to be only from the server but the majority of them were always busy, and with the amount of them already being low it was fairly hard to see one online.

Green_Giant

In my opinion, we shouldn't be discussing this for atleast another year. A fresh new player base is what factions needs for a complete new start for it.

Stoovs

I would love to see the return of the Factions server. I think a reboot for it would do it quite nicely and could bring in a few players. Staff would need to be strict on the rules, and punishment would have to be dolled out properly.

I've been around Factions for quite some time (since it's launch in 2012?) and had staffed there since whenever PeaceCorps had become a thing (if any of you even know what that is). Although I wasn't around so much in 2015 (I wasn't really active in the community as a whole) I'd love to see a reboot.

I know some people think that Factions is a complete waste of time, or filled with drama, but unless you've been around Factions and had seen exactly what was going on, then just making generalizations on it doesn't do you or Factions any justice. And although, there was some drama in it all, I think that's just how SFT is when it comes to PvP based servers (The old Prison Server is a great example).

I'd also like to point out that the Factions server was not closed due to the "drama" of PvPing, or Factions getting out of hand with one another but for different reasons, involving certain community members entirely.

I know that me saying all of this could just be me wanting to feel the nostalgia of a Factions server on SFT again, but I'm hoping that if a Factions server were to come back, that we could straighten out any of the problems that we had with it and bring in a proper playerbase and staff team to keep the drama at a minimum.
"There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts" -Voltaire

BattleAxium

Apr 28, 2016, 01:40 PM #19 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2016, 01:57 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Stoovs on Apr 28, 2016, 12:48 PMI would love to see the return of the Factions server. I think a reboot for it would do it quite nicely and could bring in a few players. Staff would need to be strict on the rules, and punishment would have to be dolled out properly.

I've been around Factions for quite some time (since it's launch in 2012?) and had staffed there since whenever PeaceCorps had become a thing (if any of you even know what that is). Although I wasn't around so much in 2015 (I wasn't really active in the community as a whole) I'd love to see a reboot.

I know some people think that Factions is a complete waste of time, or filled with drama, but unless you've been around Factions and had seen exactly what was going on, then just making generalizations on it doesn't do you or Factions any justice. And although, there was some drama in it all, I think that's just how SFT is when it comes to PvP based servers (The old Prison Server is a great example).

I'd also like to point out that the Factions server was not closed due to the "drama" of PvPing, or Factions getting out of hand with one another but for different reasons, involving certain community members entirely.

I know that me saying all of this could just be me wanting to feel the nostalgia of a Factions server on SFT again, but I'm hoping that if a Factions server were to come back, that we could straighten out any of the problems that we had with it and bring in a proper playerbase and staff team to keep the drama at a minimum.

I agree with these points since I was around when Factions wasn't entirely about drama. Sure, I had some blame for it's demise but I also helped it grow with being a part of one of the bigger factions "Gods".  Which was originally started by @TRITIUMNITR0X, @saywhat2365, @spen96, and I. Others joined later down the road. I'm not exactly sure what happened to Factions when I was gone but I really don't care. Sounds like a bunch of nonsense and situations blown out of proportion.

But, I would honestly rather hold off on making a new one until a year or two from now like @Green_Giant said for a fresh player base.

Side note: I probably still have the base schematics for Gods somewhere but I'll only return with TRIT's permission to use it.

iLaxrv10

I voted for the second option, Factions was a place for drama, rule breaking, and all other bad habits. Now that Discord is a thing and can help in game, we can't control what the players do on Skype. Personally, I think this is a really bad idea.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Lucazade13

I really think this would be a good idea (However a stricter staff team / less strict rules would be needed).

Factions brings an entire side to SFT that we currently are lacking, and as much as we hate to say it, Pvp and factions is one of the biggest game modes played on MineCraft. Therefore reintroducing this in a stricter way would probably help SuperFunTime's player base grow.

Survival Elite
Just your average energy drink

stormshooter

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Apr 28, 2016, 01:45 PMI voted for the second option, Factions was a place for drama, rule breaking, and all other bad habits. Now that Discord is a thing and can help in game, we can't control what the players do on Skype. Personally, I think this is a really bad idea.
What's stopping people doing things on skype anyway?

iLaxrv10

Quote from: TeraStorm on Apr 28, 2016, 02:40 PM
Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Apr 28, 2016, 01:45 PMI voted for the second option, Factions was a place for drama, rule breaking, and all other bad habits. Now that Discord is a thing and can help in game, we can't control what the players do on Skype. Personally, I think this is a really bad idea.
What's stopping people doing things on skype anyway?
my point was, sure people do things on Skype say on Survival or Pixelmon but how many more Skype incidents did you hear about on Factions? Tons more.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Darren64_NY

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Apr 28, 2016, 06:53 AM
Information gets around. It wasn't just factions either.

Yeah... Us players know a lot of what really happened "behind the scenes"... Not a good idea at all lmao.