[Survival] Brick & Mortar Shops

Started by Towelie, May 02, 2016, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

May 02, 2016, 04:07 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:01 AM by Towelie
I remember fondly at the time when players actually had Brick & Mortar shops instead of autoshops and buying something was an act of interacting with another player, not different from that of buying/selling from the emp.

Therefor, I will promote Brick & Mortar Shops and help their owners succeed!

Requirements:
- Have a Brick & Mortar shop where NO AUTOSHOP SIGNS ARE PRESENT
- Have at least 3 employees covering at least 4h / day (at diverse times if possible)
- You will have to also buy items from players, not just sell to them (the prices are your decision)
- Don't mention any autoshops at the brick & mortar shop

Rewards:
- For  3 lucky players (who make such shops and present them to me and which I like the most) (either in-game or here via screenshots), I will reward them with a 1 million empbucks non-refundable credit
- A mention at spawn on a hologram (which will be added for this purpose)
- The possibility of Managers coming and selling you items at your shop rather than at the emporium, when they have time and not during the emporium

These rewards will be applied to 3 players chosen by me, who's shops i like the most

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

darknuju

This sounds good I think a focus on supporting manual shops will help the community

Ender_Wigginz

Mrs_Ender and I have decided to take you up on this offer Tow. I will have the Brick and Mortar shop setup By this coming weekend, We are also considering a player town around the shop to make both the shop and interactions more possible.

Lemon

American_Walrus

May 02, 2016, 10:57 PM #3 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:16 AM by American_Walrus
Just gonna edit my last post- a question/concern:

1. 6 hours a day seems a lot, my friends that I trust enough to be apart of this are almost in the same timezones as me. (With school/work and all) I see  weekly time as more likely to be fulfilled. Is it possible if we can change that? Maybe it's just me, idk

If yes, I'd love to participate

calfrokrill

Towelie

Quote from: American_Walrus on May 02, 2016, 10:57 PMJust gonna edit my last post- a question/concern:

1. 6 hours a day seems a lot, my friends that I trust enough to be apart of this are almost in the same timezones as me. (With school/work and all) I see  weekly time as more likely to be fulfilled. Is it possible if we can change that? Maybe it's just me, idk

If yes, I'd love to participate
Changed to 4/week

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

SuperJK

@Towelie  What is a Brick and Mortar shop???

/warp SteveCoMuseum

darknuju

Quote from: SuperJK on May 03, 2016, 10:49 AM@Towelie  What is a Brick and Mortar shop???
A shop similar to the emp where you purchase things from an actual player in front of you unlike autoshops where you are simply clicking on signs

maxwolf28

Hey, you most likely don't remember theepicshop, its an old brick&mortar shop by 8snowy11 and myself, we starters this shop over 2years ago but i died down. we have been working on a revamp of the shop and its almost done (we just need more items).  we are planning to open very soon! The only problem is we only have 2 employees ;(.

Love the idea you are doing here! Maybe a way to get people to use them more, you can offer a prize to the most common customers of the winners shops. It will give people a reason to use the shops and have more people talking to each other!

Pookalton

I wish I could do this, but I don't plan on returning until World 1 resets, or was it 2? Whatever world resets next XD

Green_Giant

Quote from: Vallith on May 03, 2016, 02:42 PMI wish I could do this, but I don't plan on returning until World 1 resets, or was it 2? Whatever world resets next XD
World 2. And then the current world 1 will become the next world 2. :P

Sparkle_Sun

Bump! This is still going on, keep building/working your shops. :)

Caz10

I would like to work on one and I probably will at some point, but I have many projects I am currently working on that are keeping me busy. I have Egypt I'm building, then I got a minigame I'm working on and then I'm also helping out with SFTBridge, oh and I think I'm going to help build the spawn for world 2. So hopefully I can make a shop at some point xD

eye_nine

Is this still going on? I do help out at a Brick and Mortar Shop, wasn't sure if it ended already though.

Sparkle_Sun

Zatur6ay

Xmart

Xmart is the brand new shop in the Town Xenia!

/warp xmart

Owner: Lacim7
Builder: Lacim7, Zatur6ay, rjpilot

Wokers: member in the town and Lacim7 is employing more workers

*Note - Town Xenia: /warp townx or /warp Xenia