May 03, 2024, 07:31 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Please vote for our Rust Server!

Started by Towelie, May 18, 2016, 07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

HD

May 18, 2016, 09:29 AM #1 Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 09:36 AM by Halla
Going to vote  :heart:

And voted ;D

Steam: HallaTheGamer

iLaxrv10

Voted! Ill be adding this to my daily voting session ;)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Izzdaer

Pookalton

Anyone wanna play Rust with me? From a start, I don't wanna join someone that has already started. Skype is: Jack Allpike Add me if you wanna play :)

BattleAxium

May 18, 2016, 02:37 PM #5 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:51 AM by BattleAxium
Super Fun Time is a gaming community established in 2010. Our main focus is Minecraft, but we also host other games such as Rust and Altis Life.

The bold part is misleading since we don't have an Altis Life server.

Also, "We also have a team of developers which will be creating unique content to our server! Come and check i tout!"

I wouldn't necessarily consider one person as a team. Just nitpicking this since it's being advertised publicly.

Izzdaer

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 18, 2016, 02:37 PMSuper Fun Time is a gaming community established in 2010. Our main focus is Minecraft, but we also host other games such as Rust and Altis Life.

Also, "We also have a team of developers which will be creating unique content to our server! Come and check i tout!"

I wouldn't necessary consider one person as a team. Just nitpicking this since it's being advertised publicly.

We do have an altis life server. It works, and ive played it. Its just in development. And also what makes you think there just one person working on it? the team is currently four.

I have yet to see you on rust @BattleAxium you are welcome to come and check out how its getting on.

BattleAxium

May 18, 2016, 02:56 PM #7 Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:03 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Izzdaer on May 18, 2016, 02:44 PM
Quote from: BattleAxium on May 18, 2016, 02:37 PMSuper Fun Time is a gaming community established in 2010. Our main focus is Minecraft, but we also host other games such as Rust and Altis Life.

I wouldn't necessary consider one person as a team. Just nitpicking this since it's being advertised publicly.

We do have an altis life server. It works, and ive played it. Its just in development. And also what makes you think there just one person working on it? the team is currently four.

I have yet to see you on rust @BattleAxium you are welcome to come and check out how its getting on.

You should make that clear that it's in development. I know there's an altis life server, I've seen @killjoy27 on and spoken to him before about it. But it's not actually available to the public so by that logic it doesn't exist. Also, you and I have two different meanings to development. I consider a "development team" to be someone actually creating content for the server, not just adding in pre-made stuff. Anyone can do that. And lastly to your point that I haven't played on the server, how would you know? I was on yesterday night/early morning, with @TRITIUMNITR0X. I play under my steam name like most people, not my Minecraft username.

EDIT: I'll play later when I have more free time and a group to have fun with. It's not really fun playing alone @Izzdaer

Im_NoT_Alex_

We had a rust server?! Cool! I might join later some time.

Towelie

We are still looking for people to help us with creating plugins and so on.
Development also applies to preparing a server for release which may include installing plugins, developing scripts for auto restarts, and so on.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Fractalion

May 18, 2016, 06:52 PM #10 Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:57 PM by Fractalion
You should add this to http://www.superfuntime.org/vote, /vote, and the forum list of voting websites @Towelie

(Also, while you're on the first one, would you be able to check if the pixelmon site supports sandboxing now? It seems to be run by the same people as the b-team vote site, and that one does support it)

Pookalton

If you see me online guys, feel free to give me a yell if you wanna join up with me! <3

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on May 18, 2016, 06:52 PMYou should add this to http://www.superfuntime.org/vote, /vote, and the forum list of voting websites @Towelie

(Also, while you're on the first one, would you be able to check if the pixelmon site supports sandboxing now? It seems to be run by the same people as the b-team vote site, and that one does support it)
For whatever weird reason they decided to block that :S

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2016, 04:25 AM
Quote from: Fractalion on May 18, 2016, 06:52 PMYou should add this to http://www.superfuntime.org/vote, /vote, and the forum list of voting websites @Towelie

For whatever weird reason they decided to block that :S

How bizarre. Thanks for checking though!

Towelie

Ok yes, I sort of exxagerated in the Rust post  with having a "team of developers" seing as we don't have anyone writing plugins for Rust yet (@Jyncs has yet to answer me or Izz to tell s if we're interested).
And the Altis Life future's uncertain because now with Rust there's even little time to be invested into Altis Life (I will remove mention of that).

But @BattleAxium the way your posts are always critique and never helpful or feedback make me wander if you really want to be here or not.
Every time I read a post of yours (and trust me, this is not just me) I'm like Eh :\ battle again.
You're gonna have to figure out do you like SFT? Do you wanna play on it ? If the answer is yes, that's awesome but you'll need to try and at least make less negative posts if your answer is no then you know... why make this awkward for the both of us ?

I'm not asking you to leave or anything like that, this isn't about that. I'm asking you to maybe try and add some niceness to your tone and not passive aggresiveness.

Thank you.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2016, 04:35 AMOk yes, I sort of exxagerated in the Rust post  with having a "team of developers" seing as we don't have anyone writing plugins for Rust yet (@Jyncs has yet to answer me or Izz to tell s if we're interested).
And the Altis Life future's uncertain because now with Rust there's even little time to be invested into Altis Life (I will remove mention of that).

But @BattleAxium the way your posts are always critique and never helpful or feedback make me wander if you really want to be here or not.
Every time I read a post of yours (and trust me, this is not just me) I'm like Eh :\ battle again.
You're gonna have to figure out do you like SFT? Do you wanna play on it ? If the answer is yes, that's awesome but you'll need to try and at least make less negative posts if your answer is no then you know... why make this awkward for the both of us ?

I'm not asking you to leave or anything like that, this isn't about that. I'm asking you to maybe try and add some niceness to your tone and not passive aggresiveness.

Thank you.

I'm sorry if you feel all my posts are negative or passive aggressive, that's clearly not my intention. Sure, I still would like to remain apart of SFT but there are obviously people in this community who really don't want me here. That post was actually supposed to be constructive feedback on your Rust server post and not in anyway meant to put down the server. Just figured you would appreciate hearing a voice that isn't always telling you that you're right @Towelie :P

Towelie

I do but that can get tiring fast. I appreciate constructive criticism now and then but being told you're stupid every other day can make you hate it xD

In further news the #1 problem Rust is facing with right now is cheating. I've seen multiple people having loads of c4, tons of weapons and ammo in a really short game time, raiding everyone and ruining their fun.
I have added two anticheat systems today and we'll see how that works out, if not I guess we'll need to find a better sollution.

This cheating that I'm talking about made @Dpa1991 quit the game and give up on it.

I would hate for rust to turn into Factions 2.0 with cheaters and stupid bullshit personal drama.

BattleAxium

Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2016, 07:02 AMI do but that can get tiring fast. I appreciate constructive criticism now and then but being told you're stupid every other day can make you hate it xD

In further news the #1 problem Rust is facing with right now is cheating. I've seen multiple people having loads of c4, tons of weapons and ammo in a really short game time, raiding everyone and ruining their fun.
I have added two anticheat systems today and we'll see how that works out, if not I guess we'll need to find a better sollution.

This cheating that I'm talking about made @Dpa1991 quit the game and give up on it.

I would hate for rust to turn into Factions 2.0 with cheaters and stupid bullshit personal drama.

I haven't really played much so I didn't even notice cheating lol. And I'm not sure there's even enough players to have drama. So, not sure how it's Factions 2.0. But, all the plugins seem to be off.

Pookalton

Quote from: BattleAxium on May 19, 2016, 07:23 AM
Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2016, 07:02 AMI do but that can get tiring fast. I appreciate constructive criticism now and then but being told you're stupid every other day can make you hate it xD

I haven't really played much so I didn't even notice cheating lol. And I'm not sure there's even enough players to have drama. So, not sure how it's Factions 2.0. But, all the plugins seem to be off.

I'd love to play, but IMO Rust is impossible to play successfully with only yourself.

Izzdaer

Quote from: Vallith on May 19, 2016, 08:32 AM
Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2016, 07:02 AM<snip>

I'd love to play, but IMO Rust is impossible to play successfully with only yourself.

@Vallith not true, I believe with a lot of the plugins we have implemented, such as long distance trade make solo rust a heck of a lot easier. Also if you can find a niche production or a blueprint that's very rare lots of player will interact with you to get that when they need it.

RallyReaper

Their is problems with items as towel said, I've seen it first hand for one. Secondly the plugins are off and idk why. i believe someone went wrong with the plugins when the anticheat things were added.

Towelie

Aware about plugins izz will fix when he can

RallyReaper

Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2016, 04:22 PMAware about plugins izz will fix when he can

I Hope he fixes soon, i got on earlier and didnt reliese it and lost out on some valuable metal farming time to fortify the sunbro base >.<

Jyncs

Quote from: Towelie on May 19, 2016, 04:35 AMOk yes, I sort of exxagerated in the Rust post  with having a "team of developers" seing as we don't have anyone writing plugins for Rust yet (@Jyncs has yet to answer me or Izz to tell s if we're interested).

I don't think I am getting messages apparently.

Jyncs

Quote from: Vallith on May 19, 2016, 08:32 AMI'd love to play, but IMO Rust is impossible to play successfully with only yourself.

I started off being a solo player on our server. I raided Towelie's base and Dpa's base(though I gave Dpa's stuff back and lost Towelies) all alone without[/b] cheating one bit. My solo base has yet to be raided though I have also lost the key to get in.

I practically start over every time I log in. It can be fun being a solo player if you are not scared to lose everything and start over every time. I find I have the most fun in Rust when I have nothing to lose at all or care about losing anything.