Apr 29, 2024, 08:06 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Steam Summer Sales!

Started by Izzdaer, Jun 23, 2016, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzdaer

Life is fuedal is a survival game too but in its current state has a lot more depth than rust,, with far more crafting recipies, in depth crafting trees and various types of player interaction, whereas rust somewhat relys on a more factions esque vibe with bases built to wth stand attack and the expectation you will attack others to gain yourself technology and resources.

This it's more down to which you prefer as a game pitch as to which I would suggest, both servers are hosted in Romania but we have plenty of NA and worldwide players that receive perfectly fine ping.

- Izz

badbrad01

Quote from: Izzdaer on Jun 25, 2016, 06:39 AMLife is fuedal is a survival game too but in its current state has a lot more depth than rust,, with far more crafting recipies, in depth crafting trees and various types of player interaction, whereas rust somewhat relys on a more factions esque vibe with bases built to wth stand attack and the expectation you will attack others to gain yourself technology and resources.

This it's more down to which you prefer as a game pitch as to which I would suggest, both servers are hosted in Romania but we have plenty of NA and worldwide players that receive perfectly fine ping.

- Izz

But thing is rust is the way to go as LIF takes ages to get into and gets boring really fast. When in rust you can just get the game get supply's build a base and fight people and if you get raided its easy to get stuff back.
Made By Miricx

BattleAxium

Jun 25, 2016, 01:26 PM #27 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016, 01:30 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Izzdaer on Jun 25, 2016, 06:39 AMboth servers are hosted in Romania but we have plenty of NA and worldwide players that receive perfectly fine ping.

- Izz

This isn't true. I'm an NA player and my ping is absolutely horrible on the Rust server. It's one of the few reasons I don't play anymore. Doesn't make sense to play a "PvP" server with over ~100 ping constantly. I can't speak for the LiF server since I don't have the game and probably won't buy it since it's not my type of game. @Jyncs can attest to this.

Izzdaer

Quote from: badbrad01 on Jun 25, 2016, 01:21 PM
Quote from: Izzdaer on Jun 25, 2016, 06:39 AM<snip>

But thing is rust is the way to go as LIF takes ages to get into and gets boring really fast. When in rust you can just get the game get supply's build a base and fight people and if you get raided its easy to get stuff back.

Mm, like I said they are both a sandbox but end up as very different games, and it's best down to your preference.

And battle, I said we had plenty of American players, not all. America is a big place aswell as Internet having a big factor.

BattleAxium

Jun 25, 2016, 02:15 PM #29 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016, 02:19 PM by BattleAxium
Quote from: Izzdaer on Jun 25, 2016, 02:02 PM
Quote from: badbrad01 on Jun 25, 2016, 01:21 PM
Quote from: Izzdaer on Jun 25, 2016, 06:39 AM<snip>

Mm, like I said they are both a sandbox but end up as very different games, and it's best down to your preference.

And battle, I said we had plenty of American players, not all. America is a big place aswell as Internet having a big factor.

I would say .1% of America gets decent ping on an EU server. I live in NY, which is probably one of the closer US states to a server that's hosted in Romania. And my ping is still way over 100. Regardless, of my internet speed, my ping is still relatively high and makes the server almost unplayable at times. Imagine, if I lived in California (across the US), which @IPwnCreeps does, and I know for a fact his ping is just as bad if not worse than mine. So, I'm not sure where you are getting your stats from that "plenty of American players" get decent ping since it's just not true. Hopefully, we can purchase a server box or move Rust over to box we already own and one that isn't Romania.

HS_destoryer

Does anyone know the Ark server ip? It would be greatly appreciated.