[SFT Pixelmon] What do you dislike the most?

Started by Towelie, Jun 12, 2016, 06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzdaer

On the sftmmo discussion, as colsey obviously understands the concept well with his creation of SFT mmo, is he not able to patch the mcmmo problems with the version that pix is running?

Towelie

Not without the sourcecode he can't/ And even then it's massive work. SFTMMO is developed from the grounds up without using even a line of code from MCMMO. So he is not familiar at all with the MCMMO code.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Izzdaer

ZachAttack1170

As Charlie said, my autoshop is being transferred to a new account. But I would agree the event world should have a reset, and we should have some Build your Own Event competition like on survival. That would add new events and give players something to work on. The winners should also get some prize, as it would encourage more people to participate.

Also, the owners/admins are probably working on this, but things that got removed because of the EULA (autoshop, pokeheal, /talk) should be able to be donated for.

I feel like the spawn should also be revamped because although it is very well designed, it seems a bit confusing.

shadowaurax

Some of my largest issues with current Pixelmon are MCMMO being broken and turned off as well as the event world having been pretty boring and pointless.

I'd like to go over my thoughts on some of the opinions offered so far...
At this point I'd mostly agree to a full reset of the server being the best course of action, but only on the condition that there is good amount added(specifically regarding the available pixelmon), obviously that is more reliant on the PixDevs than almost anything, but I can't see the point of a nuke and redo without there being a rather significant offset on that end.

I'm still sour about SFTMMO, as much hype as it gets from the staff. I can only recall a relatively short stint with it in survival and I felt like skill leveling was a waste of time more than an addition. Maybe it gets better later? I wouldn't know. I played it like I sample MMORPGS, put 5-10 hours into it and if feels like crap, ditch it.
That said, with MCMMO getting turned off/broken it looks like we're already headed that way, just as well to behead the poor thing and bury it, instead of nurture the brain-dead cancer patient; sooner is better than later.
There will be flack, it will be necessary.

Lacking Materials...I don't much know what to say here...There is still an abundance of materials across the spectrum. Metals, Gems, Pixel Ores (besides MAYBE Leafstone Ores). We're not lacking in this department at all. I've yet to make a mining trip in W3, even post superbreaker that didn't return a net gain. My opinion is the problem lies between keyboard and chair for this one.

Available building space...also wasn't an issue either the last time I was online. In that short time there were still several spots that you could go without seeing a house on maximum render distance on land. It is slightly more crowded than it probably needs to be, but I'm not seeing the problem as a whole, really. I'd say there's more issue with there being no point in being in W3 beside materials and building.

Minigames: This is tough, either you have staff over-involved in little gimmicky things or you have highly interactive things like Mob Arena, but suffer server strain. Mob Arena was an overall addition to the game, while things like Reaction are a funny gimmick for a while.
What I mean is, an element like Mob Arena adds a new means to an end, and a constant achievement for your effort. Reaction is a slightly amusing mini-game, but in the end, there will only be a set number of people on top and aside from sitting around waiting for the chat to scroll by, will not usually yield results for new players (Based on the items Reaction gives out, it seems like that was the purpose to get new players involved and get a chance for some started stuff, but it falls flat fast). Staff run minigames are fun, more for the social aspect relative infrequency. By the sounds of it, you're headed the right direction here, but if it becomes a many-times daily thing for several events, I can see it quickly losing appeal, but that could just be me. I get bored with some things very quickly and latch on to others.
Paintball and whatever is upcoming can be fine additions, but it's hard to determine, just off discussion, the balance between staff involvement, what it adds to the server, and overall player appeal.

Finally, past donator compensation. Short answer would be screw them and move on. Not a pretty business play, but sometimes necessary, if you have enough others willing to come in, but they don't want to start behind.
It could be seen, somewhat, like the Fallout games. That top down, scrolling RPGish style still works for a lot of people, Diablo is indicative of that, but they went and revamped the world instead. There are still people who are salty about the portrayal of the Fallout games now, but they needed to move on. While there were definitely people lost, they brought on a new crowd, and the old players who still loved the story are still largely there, even if they don't completely agree with the current direction. Another example, though not a perfect one, would be Ogame some years ago. You simply couldn't feel welcome in the game as a new player until a new universe spawned. Then, everyone was on equal footing and you enjoyed the game for as long as you could.

If it's more a moral conundrum, why not give a choice, let the old donators have a choice of a couple things to keep/get as compensation. For example, rank(and time)/money/pokemon/items.
If they want to keep some of what they have for pokemon and items, make them give you a verifiable list of a set number of things to respawn for them when everything comes back up, or maybe just offer a sort of trade certificate and determine on a case to case basis. It would take work, but it would give people some feeling of security and control in negotiations.(pokemon returned could have 1 perfect IV of player choice each, with the other stats random)

Example 1:List)
Player bought Mew rank, has 2mil, and purchased 7 legendaries and 25 other pokes
Let them choose 20 Item stacks/pokemon(up to 3 legends[1/2 rounded down]) to get back when the server comes back up, or 10(up to 2 legends[1/2 from previous rounded up] and they keep their rank/money, or they just keep money and rank +1 legend

Example 2:Trade)(me xD)
Player bought Celebi and Articuno rank, Elite 3 rank, 4-5ish legendaries, cosmetic items, premium blocks like beacons(probably some other things)
Player would like 3 stacks of Dawn/Dusk Ore, 1 legend and 1 other pokemon of choice from the new releases*coughMawilecough*

As for premium permissions, as long as it's not causing a conflict, I would assume those are the only definitive carry over from one version to the next as they shouldn't really be game breaking.

Greywell

Suggestion For Hosted Events: Everybody at least gets a prize (This probably is already in affect but just making sure)

iLaxrv10

Quote from: Greywell on Jun 14, 2016, 05:23 PMSuggestion For Hosted Events: Everybody at least gets a prize (This probably is already in affect but just making sure)
We can't give everyone who participated a prize if thats what you'd mean, too much money/too many items going into the economy
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

ZachAttack1170

So one last thing I have is spawn rates. I've not seen a legend for about 2 months, and I've only seen like 6 with about 600 hours on the server... Also since the EULA, you can't donate for legends, making them much more uncommon. Not only for legends, for normal pixelmon I don't see many in the wild. Some normal players struggle to find pokemon, and since they don't have a TA, they can't train their pokemon.

Nubbun

Quote from: ZachAttack1170 on Jun 14, 2016, 11:31 PMSo one last thing I have is spawn rates. I've not seen a legend for about 2 months, and I've only seen like 6 with about 600 hours on the server... Also since the EULA, you can't donate for legends, making them much more uncommon. Not only for legends, for normal pixelmon I don't see many in the wild. Some normal players struggle to find pokemon, and since they don't have a TA, they can't train their pokemon.
You can donate for shiny legends and you can even donate to Up the legendary spawn rates from 1/22000 -> 1/11000 or less if you donate multiple times for it. But then again legends are supposed to be rare and maybe the thing is good for economy.
Easiest way to find pokemons is enable radar at M > options > (show non hostile? Can't remember but it's on there)
And then just chill at a chunk like /warp high or /warp mesa

\(◎o◎)/

Towelie

Please keep reporting issues. Saturday is pix fix day so we need a list of issues.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

EpicCoffee

The staff is a little...well id say less forth comming with help

Towelie

Quote from: CaykoMarie on Jun 12, 2016, 09:51 PM/talk is no longer available for purchase
It actually is. You can find it in permissions.