Apr 28, 2024, 08:32 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Which servers should we shut down and why?

Started by Towelie, Jun 03, 2016, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuilderDaisy

Nooo, not parkour. It still has kittykour and racetime. Not sure if survival still has that, plus we do get a few players on. All we need is some updates. :)

*coughs* Maybe some more parkour obstacles?

maxwolf28

for parkour, why don't we move all the parkour stuff to /w3 and shut down parkour (I'm guessing all of these servers cost us money) so it will bring more players to survival and make the bill cheaper.

blalp

Quote from: Izzdaer on Jun 06, 2016, 02:42 PM2. Towelie has already said he wont be moving parkour and HG to survival for a few reasons:

- Parkour and HG require lots of extra plugins which tow is not prepared to add to survival as it will decrease performance
  - The parkour and HG maps being moved isn't a easy case of moving some files, it requires alot more work
  - Moving these to survival will increase the chat spam with all of the HG and parkour related chat / rage.
Have a fantastic day!

Arias0

Quote from: maxwolf28 on Jun 08, 2016, 04:30 AMfor parkour, why don't we move all the parkour stuff to /w3 and shut down parkour (I'm guessing all of these servers cost us money) so it will bring more players to survival and make the bill cheaper.
Towelie already said he's not putting HG and Parkour into Survival as it will cause a variety of issues and isn't as easy as you guys think.

SuperJK

Quote from: Jinxie on Jun 07, 2016, 11:42 AM
Quote from: SuperJK on Jun 07, 2016, 10:19 AMActually If I get Builder's club for roblox i'll probrally make a SFT group for 100 robux for SFT-ers who play roblox with permission from @Towelie and also You can post Youtube links so yeah only YT links are allowed and twitter links so you can link SFT's twitter and we can have the normal server ranks and players would be in those groups of ranks also you can make group items like shirts e.c.t I'll maybe ask @Towelie if we can BTW there is parkour on RBLX but they are called obbies and also my friend on Roblox who i am friends with can maybe help out i've told her if i could do something like this and she said she is fine with it.   FYI: It is also FREE to get an account and places Builder's Club is paid though but making Places is free as well. Also making the group is required 100R$ (Robux). So Towelie you actually don't need to pay ;)

There is a huge difference between a server and a group. Also, not many people play Roblox anymore. I used to play on it when I was younger and it was extremely popular, looking at it now (Which I have previously), it looks like it's lost 90% of the community.
To be honest, I think talking about a Roblox group is irrelevant to this topic. Nothing is stopping you from making a group on Roblox.
kk

/warp SteveCoMuseum

TheStarNomad✯

So if parkour can't be integrated to survival, could it be integrated to creative instead? im sure you can make a world there where everyone is in survival mode, or even force them to walk on pressure plates that changes them to survival mode. @Towelie

Just a thought ^

Long time StarNomad

Arias0

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Jun 08, 2016, 06:44 AMSo if parkour can't be integrated to survival, could it be integrated to creative instead? im sure you can make a world there where everyone is in survival mode, or even force them to walk on pressure plates that changes them to survival mode. @Towelie

Just a thought ^
That seems like a good idea, or we could just get some volunteers to rebuild some parkours on survival in the eventworld? (For the people who still play the Parkour server) therefor we don't have to integrate plugins and whole entire maps.

Towelie

The parkour server has like 7 worlds so no, that's not something we can easily integrate in another server. I'd rather just let it be.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Fractalion

Realistically, if people want parkour in the gaming world we can just make new courses. If we move over what we already have, people are going to be just as sick of those courses as they already are.

calfrokrill

Please, whatever you do, if Parkour is removed, just don't delete Kittykour. Just.. don't.

Green_Giant

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 08, 2016, 10:20 AMThe parkour server has like 7 worlds so no, that's not something we can easily integrate in another server. I'd rather just let it be.
I was working on changing parkour so all the courses were in one world since that made more sense, and then I got ultra busy. As I said before, i'd be happy to continue my efforts on that server once the summer has started for me.

Nubbun

Quote from: Calaurix_95 on Jun 08, 2016, 10:46 AMPlease, whatever you do, if Parkour is removed, just don't delete Kittykour. Just.. don't.

Prettysure sft pixelmon's eventworld got /warp kittykour
(random pixelmon advertise for the win)

\(◎o◎)/

Doctor_Thanos

Parkour could actually be moved in W3 like the other minigame arenas.

blalp

Maybe just a course, but again...
Quote from: Izzdaer on Jun 06, 2016, 02:42 PM2. Towelie has already said he wont be moving parkour and HG to survival for a few reasons:

- Parkour and HG require lots of extra plugins which tow is not prepared to add to survival as it will decrease performance
  - The parkour and HG maps being moved isn't a easy case of moving some files, it requires alot more work
  - Moving these to survival will increase the chat spam with all of the HG and parkour related chat / rage.
and
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 08, 2016, 10:20 AMThe parkour server has like 7 worlds so no, that's not something we can easily integrate in another server. I'd rather just let it be.
Have a fantastic day!

Lucy_23x

Parkour ain't being moved to survival.
Get it people!

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Arias0

Quote from: Thanos on Jun 08, 2016, 01:26 PMParkour could actually be moved in W3 like the other minigame arenas.
Towelie has said multiple times that this is not happening. W3 or any other world will still be a huge effort to integrate.

danielle627

Quote from: BattleAxium on Jun 04, 2016, 01:29 PMFor the people saying we should remove Altis Life: It hasn't been released or given a proper chance in this community.

Not only that, but removing all of the Minecraft servers suggested here won't really change the cost per month since most of them are run on the same box.

But, in order to focus on the more popular Minecraft servers and other gameservers in general. These servers should be removed.

Reason: I've never seen any of them reach their max slots and probably never will. Wild West and MineQwest look practically the same. So, I would pick one of them to run, not both. Creative has been tried many times in this community but hasn't worked out. Lost Islands seems like it's too unstable and might as well close unfortunately. Parkour should merge with Survival W3 as many people mentioned above.
No need for creative to get removed, or wild west. A lot of people come on creative, just not in the morning, trust me i know a lot of people that play creative. Plus as i said earlier wild west is new, it needs a few. :) Plus you'd make Dreamender, Derpy, and I cry if creative gets removed. It's ender's and i escape :c And also to add creative was revamped not to long ago.  :sheep:

eye_nine

Creative's awesome, there's still a decent amount of players compared to WW and Quest

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Danielle on Jun 09, 2016, 03:59 PMPlus you'd make Dreamender, Derpy, and I cry if creative gets removed.
INNNN ANNOOOTTHHHERRR WOOORRRLLLLLLD, I WOULLD BEEE YOUR GIIIRRRRLLL-
Just came to mind, don't mind me.

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Applecrakerpro

Quote from: JJoselynnn on Jun 03, 2016, 07:00 PMI love park our keep it I'll go on it! Take of hunger games its not such a exciting game

SG on pocket minecraft is Fun and exciting

saywhat2365

I'm going to continue working on Lost Islands as it's playerbase and staff is still solid and wants to help me work on the server.

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

EpicCoffee

Just saw this but if there are NO players on a few of them than get rid of it. Its a waste of money. Lost Islands has players! Its the ONLY one I can stand. I try to play pixelmon and survival but the staff doesn't respond very well.

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: EpicCoffee on Jun 17, 2016, 02:28 AMJust saw this but if there are NO players on a few of them than get rid of it. Its a waste of money. Lost Islands has players! Its the ONLY one I can stand. I try to play pixelmon and survival but the staff doesn't respond very well.
Come try bteam too c:

Long time StarNomad

Rainbowgirl

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Jun 17, 2016, 07:47 AM
Quote from: EpicCoffee on Jun 17, 2016, 02:28 AMJust saw this but if there are NO players on a few of them than get rid of it. Its a waste of money. Lost Islands has players! Its the ONLY one I can stand. I try to play pixelmon and survival but the staff doesn't respond very well.
Come try bteam too c:

Wow random BTeam advertisement XD