Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see this implemented?

Yes- I would definitely use it
Yes- I might use it sometimes
Maybe- I like the idea but I wouldn't use it
No- I don't see the point
Other (please comment!)

Sparkle_Sun

Introducing a new concept, an alternative to the Emporium, the Market.

The market will be, obviously, a market. It's layout will be similar to a farmer's market, with various stalls/kiosks spread out around a plaza. Players can pay to rent out a kiosk when the Market is opened, and then they can do business.

How this will work:
The Market will be opened by Managers+ as an alternative to the Emporium. They will announce its opening soon, and any Members+ who wish to rent a stall may private message the Manager with the stall they want. It will cost a small fee, 1000-5000 Empbucks, to rent a stall. The Manager will add the Member+ to the protection of the kiosk. After a few minutes in which the Manager is adding players to protections and they are setting up, the Market will be announced to be officially opened.

The kiosks will have 5 item frames to display items they are selling and 2 spaces for signs to display prices, but they could sell more if they wished. The Members will do business in their kiosks to whoever comes to the Market. They may sell whatever items they wish, but prices will be monitored by the Manager+ running it to make sure they are not scamming players. The Members running a kiosk would choose their own prices and use their items to sell.

The Market will be open for at least 20 minutes at a time and will close when the Manager+ chooses to close. Then all those who rented kiosks will have a few minutes to get their items out of the chests before the Manager+ will clear the players off all the kiosk protections and the Market will officially be closed.

Why are we suggesting this?
This would offer an alternative to the Emporium and create a way for players to sell items easier, promote players to put more effort into making small little businesses, and keep money flowing in the economy instead of being pumped in by Managers. This offers an alternative to expensive Emporium prices because these prices are determined by the Members+ running the kiosks. It also helps players interact more both with staff and each other.

-----
Please comment below with your thoughts and vote in the poll above. Questions, suggestions, and concerns are encouraged!

Green_Giant

I like this idea. One question: do we have to use the item frames? Or can we display items with a different method (place blocks, banners etc.)?

HD

Lucy_23x

Not bad, though what if someone tries to buy all the stall up using Alts or something

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

stormshooter

Personally, I don't think it would make a profit on the players side simply because not enough people will come.
It's also very dependant on the time of the day and how many players are online.

Doctor_Thanos

This is a marvelous idea!

iLaxrv10

This actually sounds like a really fun, interactive way of "EMP" style selling. Would definitely be apart of it
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Nicadean33

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 11, 2016, 06:40 PMPersonally, I don't think it would make a profit on the players side simply because not enough people will come.
It's also very dependant on the time of the day and how many players are online.

Although this may sound like a "rain on my parade" this cannot speak farther from the truth. I've had this idea before, trying to give people stalls for them to sell things out of, and it never took off. Sure people used it every now and then but it never really worked like the emp does.

Wonderful concept, I just don't think it would flourish like hoped. What harm would a test run do though?

omelott

Sounds like a great idea! :laugh:

flinteye

I think it sounds like a great idea!  :laugh:

MrC0W

10/10 would use! Awesome idea!

BritanniaRules

I think this is a great idea, but I think it would/could be better if it was open all the time? Why should it have a time limit?\
Having a central location for all those manual shops instead of them being scattered all around the worlds is a great idea and will only ever make shop owners more money.

In addition... there could be the option (not sure if this is possible with coding etc), but what if there was a 'cut down' version of the auto shop plugin that only allows 5 products to be listed at one time... this could allow for those players that can't afford to buy the current autoshop plugin to start small and build up their profits and would also give the 'Market' a always open feel (24hrs) and wouldn't then make any difference to what timezone your playing in (which I'm more than aware of, always missing events).

eye_nine

I think this sounds awesome.

Mrs_Ender88

I think this is a wonderful idea.
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

SuperJK

Now we can be like managers cool BTW what about custom items?? what if we want to sell some?

/warp SteveCoMuseum

ochoaj

Quote from: BritanniaRules on Jun 11, 2016, 10:19 PMI think this is a great idea, but I think it would/could be better if it was open all the time? Why should it have a time limit?\
Having a central location for all those manual shops instead of them being scattered all around the worlds is a great idea and will only ever make shop owners more money.

In addition... there could be the option (not sure if this is possible with coding etc), but what if there was a 'cut down' version of the auto shop plugin that only allows 5 products to be listed at one time... this could allow for those players that can't afford to buy the current autoshop plugin to start small and build up their profits and would also give the 'Market' a always open feel (24hrs) and wouldn't then make any difference to what timezone your playing in (which I'm more than aware of, always missing events).
I like this idea, or possibly have something similar to an SFT Mall, where players can rent out small shops for a week or so. It would allow a commonplace for all to come, as well as allowing people to interact with each other. I think it would be much better than only being open for 20 minutes, since they players wouldn't make much money.

Great ideas though!  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

BritanniaRules

Is this project happening? Just interested as the reset has just happened etc :)

@Sparkle_Sun @Towelie

Sparkle_Sun

Quote from: BritanniaRules on Jul 03, 2016, 01:45 AMIs this project happening? Just interested as the reset has just happened etc :)

@Sparkle_Sun @Towelie

There was an area built in the new spawn for this, but opinions are pretty divided and because I left for a bit the idea's kind of fallen apart. But I'm thinking we'll try it once or twice and see if it actually works or is at all successful, and if so, we'll go from there.