Apr 27, 2024, 01:22 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Pix] Pix fix day

Started by Towelie, Jun 18, 2016, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jun 18, 2016, 11:35 AM Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016, 06:51 PM by Dpa1991
Today is Saturday, and Saturday is Pix Fix Day.
This is the day where Dpa and I work on Pixelmon issues and try to resolve what you guys reported to us.
Even though @Dpa1991 is currently asleep, I have started resolving some of your complaints.

Resolved so far:
- Fixed MobArena
- Revamped announcements and added premium shop broadcasts like survival's
- Implemented automated restarts every 24 hours (with broadcasts 5 minutes before) for reduced lag
- Increased pokemon spawn rate
- Talked to djkirsh to sort out the two biggest staff issues #1 staff ignoring players in chat sometimes #2 quality of staff training
- Eventhosts are in the process of changing. We have two new ones this week already and we are workign on getting more events hosted
- Fixed MCMMO (thanks to FearThe1337)
- Updated CraftBook (bridges/gates/etc due to some complaints)
- Resolved some player issues (Dylbert)
- Fixed Bibliocraft dupe
- Resolved mob arena dupe
- Killed SnipeMasterShark repeatedly
- Added WonderTrade (Pikachu+)
- Added pokeball kit on /buy (5 pokeballs, claimable every 24hrs)
- Added Ultraball kit on /buy (3 ultraballs, claimable once a week)
- Added Potion kit on /buy (3, claimable every week)
- Added /evolvl <pokemon> to (Pikachu+)

Take advantage of this and report things that you feel should be fixed RIGHT NOW!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

stormshooter

Thanks for all the hard work Dpa, Tow, Fear and Dj :)

QueenEevee

Towelie

Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 18, 2016, 11:36 AMThanks for all the hard work Dpa, Tow, Fear and Dj :)
Would appreciate some direction (What else should I fix? Something I can fix at least...)

PS: Dpa is working on World Reset, I don't know when it will happen but I am hoping really soon.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

stormshooter

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 18, 2016, 11:40 AM
Quote from: TeraStorm on Jun 18, 2016, 11:36 AMThanks for all the hard work Dpa, Tow, Fear and Dj :)
Would appreciate some direction (What else should I fix? Something I can fix at least...)

PS: Dpa is working on World Reset, I don't know when it will happen but I am hoping really soon.
I'll message you on skype a couple things.

AidenBwah

Currently all the fixes so far sound great. Thanks Dap, Fear, and Towelie. :)

I don't know about other things to fix as I haven't been on in a while, but I'll get on in about 7-8 hours maybe and check out everything so far.

SnipeMasterShark

So excited for all the fixes you all have worked so hard to acheive, thanks!

One thing I believe is one of the biggest issues and turnoffs for new players is the difficulty of getting pokeballs starting out, however you would like to approach this.

Some thoughts:

Maybe a broadcast advertising the starter kit or price revamp for pokeballs at spawn? As it is currently 1000 per ultraball. Which is tricky becuase of the player owned autoshops, which is why i assume pokeballs were so much, to protect them? But the autoshops are rarely stocked

Otherwise you would just have to know about apricorns, how to get them, know that bonemeal works on them, managed to get enough bones to use it ~20 times on 2-3 different color apricorns, and get enough iron to make them. Then know how to make them. Thats assuming you bought a lot of apricorns at a shop.

maybe Broadcast /warp autod   (the warp for autoshop directory? which was a great addition btw, and now that i think about it needs updating as /warp pokeauto and /warp shop are closed)

Idk

Sry if i seem to be always going back to broadast and things haha, just only thing i can think of

Towelie

Dpa fixed some more stuff too, will let him post when he has time.

iLaxrv10

Thank you all so so much for all your hard work. Glad to see pix getting lots of love for the whole day  :D
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

kracken55

I think muting @TeraStorm  would increase the player size tenfold

ZachAttack1170

WOOOO! Good job guys! Great work!

Towelie

Overall I'm happy with what @Dpa1991 and I achieved today. We'll gladly repeat this day if you guys give us a list of things to work on.
World reset is already a priority and will happen as soona s wehave a world ready

stormshooter

Quote from: kracken55 on Jun 18, 2016, 04:34 PMI think muting @TeraStorm  would increase the player size tenfold
Agreed

SnipeMasterShark

Jun 18, 2016, 07:34 PM #13 Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016, 07:42 PM by SnipeMasterShark
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 18, 2016, 11:35 AMToday is Saturday, and Saturday is Pix Fix Day.
This is the day where Dpa and I work on Pixelmon issues and try to resolve what you guys reported to us.
Even though @Dpa1991 is currently asleep, I have started resolving some of your complaints.

Resolved so far:
- Fixed MobArena
- Revamped announcements and added premium shop broadcasts like survival's
- Implemented automated restarts every 24 hours (with broadcasts 5 minutes before) for reduced lag
- Increased pokemon spawn rate
- Talked to djkirsh to sort out the two biggest staff issues #1 staff ignoring players in chat sometimes #2 quality of staff training
- Eventhosts are in the process of changing. We have two new ones this week already and we are workign on getting more events hosted
- Fixed MCMMO (thanks to FearThe1337)
- Updated CraftBook (bridges/gates/etc due to some complaints)
- Resolved some player issues (Dylbert)
- Fixed Bibliocraft dupe
- Resolved mob arena dupe
- Killed SnipeMasterShark repeatedly
- Added WonderTrade (Pikachu+)
- Added pokeball kit on /buy (5 pokeballs, claimable every 24hrs)
- Added Ultraball kit on /buy (3 ultraballs, claimable once a week)
- Added Potion kit on /buy (3, claimable every week)
- Added /evolvl <pokemon> to (Pikachu+)

Take advantage of this and report things that you feel should be fixed RIGHT NOW!

OMG i about died AGAIN when i saw this

Its almost like dragon ball Z, except I am not goku but krillen

P.S. is the "world reset" going to be delete w3, make current w1 w3, and make new w1 like usual? just wondering if i need to prepare

And the mining portion of mcmmo still has no superbreaker. Many people miss that, not sure what can be done but just wanted to formally address it, as im pretty sure thats a large portion of the unhappiness about it, as it is mine. just anything to break stone faster and such

OTHER THAN THAT ONE TINY THING...

I am so happy, and many others also seem hyped about all the things added and how great it all works, so behalf of me and all the other excited noobs, Thanks for all the hard work today! It wasn't unnoticed or unappreciated! While I suck at any kind of coding I do appreciate all the effort because it is really frustrating and tedious

Protoshy

Just an idea, maybe we could try to find some way to add Autoshops back, obviously we can't use donations. Maybe elite4 would work?

iLaxrv10

Omg omg yes WonderTrade!! #Lit
Ex-Pixelmon Manager

Protoshy

CallOfTheElements

Amazing job, thanks guys!

Aymaneto

Dpa1991

Quote from: Protoshy on Jun 18, 2016, 07:47 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 18, 2016, 11:35 AM- Fixed MCMMO (thanks to FearThe1337)

Define Fixed

From what I was told, it loads now. There was an error with the DB (caused by loading the wrong version) I'm not sure if abilities are fixed though.

CaykoMarie

I'm very excited to see the new changes. Thanks everyone for working so hard. :heart:

ZachAttack1170

Is it possible there could be more MA maps? Maybe a competition to build a good one?

The_Stigg

Me, Lavish, and Choco were playing around in paintball, but we weren't taking damage from snowballs? is it broken or are we doing it wrong?

iLaxrv10

Quote from: The_Stigg on Jun 18, 2016, 10:50 PMMe, Lavish, and Choco were playing around in paintball, but we weren't taking damage from snowballs? is it broken or are we doing it wrong?
Its still broken and I'm 99% sure @Dpa1991  is aware. Should be fixed soon!
Ex-Pixelmon Manager

Towelie

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Jun 19, 2016, 04:08 AM
Quote from: The_Stigg on Jun 18, 2016, 10:50 PMMe, Lavish, and Choco were playing around in paintball, but we weren't taking damage from snowballs? is it broken or are we doing it wrong?
Its still broken and I'm 99% sure @Dpa1991  is aware. Should be fixed soon!
I asked and wasn't told exactly what's broken with Paintball.
You aren't meant to take damage from paitnballs, you should however get "killed" if shot with one.