7 (50%)
France
2 (14.3%)
Iceland
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Jun 30, 2016, 10:27 PM

zomcri

Finally the European Championship has entered the quarter-finals stage.
Only 8 teams are left, who will win?

Tombo_

Voted Germany. Ultimately I think it will be Wales vs Germany in the final with Wales being 'thrashed' by the current world champions. Belgium could cause an upset, as could Italy if they manage to beat Germany in their quarter final tie.
As much as I'd love to see Wales win it as I live in the UK I highly doubt it. I also suspect Iceland will cause another huge upset in their quarter final match against the hosts France. Additionally, if Portugal manage to move past Poland into the semis I think Ronaldo could potentially put in a good shift however that heavily depends on him not taking every set piece awarded to the team because as we've seen from matches so far he's clearly not the right bloke for the role; much like Harry Kane shouldn't have been taking the free-kicks for England when they played Iceland.

tl;dr - Germany.

zomcri

Quote from: Cocobutter03 on Jun 27, 2016, 11:42 PMVoted Germany. Ultimately I think it will be Wales vs Germany in the final with Wales being 'thrashed' by the current world champions. Belgium could cause an upset, as could Italy if they manage to beat Germany in their quarter final tie.
As much as I'd love to see Wales win it as I live in the UK I highly doubt it. I also suspect Iceland will cause another huge upset in their quarter final match against the hosts France. Additionally, if Portugal manage to move past Poland into the semis I think Ronaldo could potentially put in a good shift however that heavily depends on him not taking every set piece awarded to the team because as we've seen from matches so far he's clearly not the right bloke for the role; much like Harry Kane shouldn't have been taking the free-kicks for England when they played Iceland.

tl;dr - Germany.
Tbh i agree with most of that, I don't think Iceland can do it again though.
Also wouldn't want Wales to win, hating them right now because of their lucky goal against us (N. Ireland) that put them through lol

Nicadean33

So guys, who will be the new club manager of England? That's what's got my attention.

zomcri

Quote from: Nicadean33 on Jun 27, 2016, 11:58 PMSo guys, who will be the new club manager of England? That's what's got my attention.
I think Eddie Howe would be the best one to take it, not sure if he can do what he's done with Bournemouth with an international team

Tombo_

Quote from: Nicadean33 on Jun 27, 2016, 11:58 PMSo guys, who will be the new club manager of England? That's what's got my attention.

Whoever it is they must be able to not only manage the team but develop it, so much so that they know what to do before they set foot on the pitch.

Quote from: zomcry on Jun 27, 2016, 11:47 PMAlso wouldn't want Wales to win, hating them right now because of their lucky goal against us (N. Ireland) that put them through lol

To be fair if it wasn't for bale Wales wouldn't be in the tournament so I can understand your frustration. However if your full back had not touched the ball it still would've been a tap in for the Welsh striker behind him. ;)

iLaxrv10

Jun 29, 2016, 02:31 AM #6 Last Edit: Jun 30, 2016, 08:02 PM by iLaxrv10
Italy! Im 100% Italian and I'd love to see them win it all. Germany this saturday is gonna be rough though :s
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

CCookie22

Germaaany ;) :heart:
They won the world cup so I think and hope they'll win this too ^_^

iLaxrv10

When nobody votes Italy...
Ex-Pixelmon Manager

GotAnError

@Cocobutter03 Italy winning from Germany is not an upset. Germany has never won even once from Italy in a European Cup match.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

CCookie22

Quote from: GotAnError on Jun 30, 2016, 08:16 PM@Cocobutter03 Italy winning from Germany is not an upset. Germany has never won even once from Italy in a European Cup match.

They have now ;)

itsConnor_

Until today I thought Italy had looked the best, at least against Spain! Oh well :(

Quote from: GotAnError on Jun 30, 2016, 08:16 PM@Cocobutter03 Italy winning from Germany is not an upset. Germany has never won even once from Italy in a European Cup match.
To be fair it's more sensible to compare the current line-ups/form than a historical statistic

Trainee & JMod July 2011-early 2012
Mod - summer 2012
Head of Hosts - December 2012 - July 2013
Steam

GotAnError

Quote from: CCookie22 on Jul 02, 2016, 10:04 PM

They have now ;)

With a very, VERY mediocre if not bad penalty shoot-out.

Though it must be said that Germany did dominate most of the game.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

zomcri

Tombo_

It's sad that despite the Portuguese's performance the headlines will not be displaying their efforts; but rather Ronaldo's hilarious and much deserved (in my opinion) injury. Very disappointed the host nation France didn't win it as they were the better side for the duration of the first 90 minutes. A very lack luster final overall.

Edit: 0 votes in the poll for Portugal to win... end up winning it. rip.

Darth_Noob

Quote from: Cocobutter03 on Jul 10, 2016, 11:58 PMIt's sad that despite the Portuguese's performance the headlines will not be displaying their efforts; but rather Ronaldo's hilarious and much deserved (in my opinion) injury. Very disappointed the host nation France didn't win it as they were the better side for the duration of the first 90 minutes. A very lack luster final overall.

Edit: 0 votes in the poll for Portugal to win... end up winning it. rip.
I am actually really happy for portugal (even though I was supporting France) since they have never won it before, so it's a change. I did hot want Germany to win because they won the world cup xd

iLaxrv10

Is it safe to lock this now? The events over:P
Ex-Pixelmon Manager

Darth_Noob