Apr 29, 2024, 02:26 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Whelp

Started by Towelie, Jul 06, 2016, 03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: Izzdaer on Jul 06, 2016, 08:43 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 06, 2016, 07:55 AMWhelp http://www.minetest.net/

How can they et away wth that? Looks so similar I'm just sat here with a cup of tea toasting my marshmallows waiting for the legal battle to commence.
Mojang did the same thing with Infiniminer.
Look up Infiniminer and you'll see where Minecraft came from.
Notch even admitted it.

I'll admit Minetest looks like a 1:1 clone but they did this through reverse engineering and not stealing code

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

BattleAxium

I mean there's really nothing wrong with that. It would be the same as calling this http://www.facepunchstudios.com/2016/04/10/chunks/ a clone of Minecraft.

Izzdaer

I guess there's going to be quite a few of them hanging around now if minecraft is losing ts monopoly, will be some work to put in as to which is the best and where to place our bets as to which one will get big

Your one at least has some unique points and looks a little different battle, tows literally looks the same just without a stupid EULA lol

Green_Giant

Remember when Minecraft was open sandbox game, where the customisation of plugins was nearly limitless, and the future of this game was looking so awesome? Restricting developers, and server hosts content will only deter players in my opinion. This is an absolute load of crap. I honestly don't know why they would actually do this, it's so ludicrously stupid.

God damn it Notch, fix your game.

graven2603

So how long till they ban pixelmon and b-team or any mod for that matter. And with even more rulings coming out in august they will just add another nail to coffin of servers everywhere...
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Izzdaer

Chocobo123456

Rip those benefits

Melonmel10

If there goal is to tear us down, i bet so many people would rage about this! Like what did our server do to deserve it. We have servers for a reason, and that is to have our own little way. Its stupid that they are taking away vote items! Thats going to cause the server to go down hill.

BattleAxium

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say it's their game. If they want to restrict or limit any access to it then that's their discretion. Just because it doesn't seem fair, doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. Sure, it would be nice if they didn't enforce their EULA in a way that would be detrimental to many servers but they're more than entitled to do so. As someone whose working in a team right now, planning/developing a game, we will eventually have to think about this. So, I can easily see how Mojang/Microsoft wants to do this.

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

The_Stigg

This isn't Mojang's fault. Microsoft was the one that bought them, and is slowly trying to kill off, not only servers, but the Java version of the game. They want people to only be playing their "Windows 10 version" which is a clone of pocket edition (neither were really all that great in the first place). What will be going down for the next few months is Mojang will continue to release small updates for Java version, mostly bug fixes and things like that, while Microsoft continues to work on their version. The know that the only reason people play Mojang's Minecraft is because of servers like ours. So they know they have to choke them out to get people to come onto their version. Which sucks anyways. The thing that made Mojang's version so fun and easy to fall in love with was all the weird shit the game would do, like funny piston glitches, the original spider jockeys, mods being dumb in general. None of that can happen with the new one, simply because Microsoft doesn't use the same developing technique, and everything will be more polished. Plus it just feel like your playing on a giant phone. Microsoft is going o be the downfall of everything Mojang does in the near future.

Now this part is probably an idea from desperation, but what if we started one of those online petitions? There are plenty of sites, and we could get lots of people to go around to the other servers that would be hit hard by the EULA, and ask their server owner to promote their players to sign it. With enough dedication, I think it could work.

Shadzter

Quote from: Green_Giant on Jul 06, 2016, 11:09 AMRemember when Minecraft was open sandbox game, where the customisation of plugins was nearly limitless, and the future of this game was looking so awesome? Restricting developers, and server hosts content will only deter players in my opinion. This is an absolute load of crap. I honestly don't know why they would actually do this, it's so ludicrously stupid.

God damn it Notch, fix your game.
Ever since Microsoft bought out Mojang everything has been going downhill. Not for them; for us. They aren't satisfied with the billions upon billions of dollars they have, so they're only finding ways to make more money. I remember when I first started playing Minecraft, I was genuinely interested in this game and was always excited for future updates. Now I'm losing my faith in this game; I have been ever since Microsoft bought it out. :diamondsword:
Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. Don't fall asleep... because life never will.
|| Survival Mod ||

cravend

Jul 06, 2016, 03:05 PM #37 Last Edit: Jul 06, 2016, 03:13 PM by cravend

Why don't we all tweet different developers & customer relations people? Let's hear what they have to say.

https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/331367-employees
Thanks to Mewiebowie for the spectacular avatar!

TheStarNomad✯

At this rate fan-made mods are going to become illegal too.

Long time StarNomad

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Izzdaer on Jul 06, 2016, 08:43 AM

How can they et away wth that? Looks so similar I'm just sat here with a cup of tea toasting my marshmallows waiting for the legal battle to commence.
It's just minecraft 2
What is this crap

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

Tombo_

There's always the outside world that you can explore.

everest_guy

Whatever happens to SFT, I will be there to support it. SFT is the best community and it has the nicest staff I've ever seen.
I'm not lazy, I'm just on my energy saving mode.

Applecrakerpro

Talking about Addons they started adding Minigames to Xbox One

clard

I have an idea for a (hopefully) EULA approved vote rewards thing
I've been only popping on to SFT for a couple minutes here and there since I lost my stuff so I might've missed a suggestion similar to this/rule against this, but:
If we can't give vote tokens, then what if as an instant gratification way for getting votes we have miniature vote party-type things, but rather than 100 votes, gives everybody stuff, every ~10-20 votes an automated mini game like TNT run (if that still exists) is opened, and as a way to possibly bypass the EULA (I haven't read very much of it, so idk if this is allowed) the rewards for that minigame could be vote tokens or some other EULA banned item. I'm sure there's loopholes like this that would allow us to give back these perms.
We might even be able to have a donator shop item that's entrance into a competition (PVP, Spleef, parkour, or other) of just a couple of people, and give the rewards with 1st place fly, 2nd place compass, etc.

Maybe this isn't allowed, but I figured it was worth a post

TLDR;
Vote or Buy from premium shop, get access to a competition or minigame, reward is an item that EULA banned from voting/donating for

camster65

Quote from: clard on Jul 06, 2016, 04:06 PMTLDR;
Vote or Buy from premium shop, get access to a competition or minigame, reward is an item that EULA banned from voting/donating for
Still won't work because that becomes a pay to win or using time to vote feature which isn't allowed, to get the votes for one of these events even if its for everyone means certain people need to vote while others don't have to so it's unfair because they could play more games by using there votes later

xJade

Quote from: Cocobutter03 on Jul 06, 2016, 03:28 PMThere's always the outside world that you can explore.

MY EYES!!!

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

clard

Quote from: camster65 on Jul 06, 2016, 04:33 PM
Still won't work because that becomes a pay to win or using time to vote feature which isn't allowed, to get the votes for one of these events even if its for everyone means certain people need to vote while others don't have to so it's unfair because they could play more games by using there votes later
What if the minigame was available to the whole server? It just needed votes to open

blalp

Quote from: clard on Jul 06, 2016, 04:51 PM
Quote from: camster65 on Jul 06, 2016, 04:33 PM
What if the minigame was available to the whole server? It just needed votes to open
possibly ok. Normally server wide stuff is ok with elua right now.
Have a fantastic day!

arch8ic

Quote from: Dreamξηder ღ on Jul 06, 2016, 03:17 PMAt this rate fan-made mods are going to become illegal too.

According to the EULA, anything that applies to the base game also applies to mods. The EULA basically states that they reserve the right to any mods, and they'd be able to take that right away from everyone else with a few clicks. They're not far from doing that.
SFT Lost Islands Engineer!

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796