Apr 27, 2024, 09:37 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

[SFT Pixelmon] Changes after survey

Started by Towelie, Jul 10, 2016, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jul 10, 2016, 02:20 PM Last Edit: Jul 10, 2016, 02:25 PM by Towelie
I've already made some changes following the survey you guys filled in!
The changes will continue, but this is as a first result:

- You reported that pokemons aren't spawning enough. I've increased land/air pokemon spawn rates. After carefully analyzing, I have noticed the server is not lagging / tickrate is decent so this change should have no negative impact on lag

- You reported that staff are ignoring players some times / not helping them. I have talked to @djkirsh , she will work on improving that, and in addition to that, I have talked to @Dpa1991 about a new "Helper" rank.
My idea:
[05:10:53 PM] TowelieDOH: An easy way to please players and solve one of the issues pix is dealing with right now would be a new rank called Helper. Bearers of this rank are not staff but are instructed to answer player's questions
[05:11:13 PM] TowelieDOH: people would obtain this rank by being suggested by the community as being helpful and would lose it on repeated offenses of ignoring players asking for help

- You reported that not enough is being changed / added to the game. I have talked to the build team, asked them to speed up the spawn town build and make it their #1 priority. As soon as the world reset comes, I understood from @Dpa1991 that he also has a plan on dealing with the economy.

- You reported that communication in the community is a problem. I promise I will try to act as a communication ambasador and make more of these topics as I learn important changes being made to Pixelmon or future plans for it.

- You reported that the legendary spawn rate is too low, so i increased it from 1/70000 to 1/50000 ( @Dpa1991 please don't hurt me)

- More events - I have no sollution for that, but I will talk with @djkirsh and @Dpa1991 to see what a fix would be for that (EDIT: more eventhosts are being promoted, and thjey will be instructed that we want bigger, better and more events)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Miniduck

Arias0

Helper rank isn't really going to fix the issue of staff ignoring players, people that become helper are gonna eventually start to ignore players as well due to the fact that they're not considered "Staff" or get anything out of being a helper. The only way to fix that issue, is to re-evaluate the staff team and if need be, remove people who aren't contributing to the requirements and in return, find people who will.

And on another note, "You reported that not enough is being changed / added to the game" correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this has nothing to do with a new spawn? I don't think players are to fussed about there being a new spawn, I think they're more pointed at plugins and things to spice up the game, this can be fixed with I guess a more active developer team? no one works on Pixelmon regularly as far as I'm aware of?

More events? Grab some Eventhost's from Surv to dual staff on pix as well, or just scout for some other people who you deem worthy. I'm sure there are a lot of players out there who are willing to give there time.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Towelie

Quote from: Jay on Jul 10, 2016, 02:25 PMHelper rank isn't really going to fix the issue of staff ignoring players, people that become helper are gonna eventually start to ignore players as well due to the fact that they're not considered "Staff" or get anything out of being a helper. The only way to fix that issue, is to re-evaluate the staff team and if need be, remove people who aren't contributing to the requirements and in return, find people who will.

And on another note, "You reported that not enough is being changed / added to the game" correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this has nothing to do with a new spawn? I don't think players are to fussed about there being a new spawn, I think they're more pointed at plugins and things to spice up the game, this can be fixed with I guess a more active developer team? no one works on Pixelmon regularly as far as I'm aware of?

More events? Grab some Eventhost's from Surv to dual staff on pix as well, or just scout for some other people who you deem worthy. I'm sure there are a lot of players out there who are willing to give there time.

new spawn = world reset = economy fix.
As for staff ignoring players, not only did I suggest helper but I also had another talk to djkirsh explaining her what things are the highest priority and need to be fixed first

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Miniduck

Miniduck

Arias0

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2016, 02:26 PM
Quote from: Jay on Jul 10, 2016, 02:25 PMHelper rank isn't really going to fix the issue of staff ignoring players, people that become helper are gonna eventually start to ignore players as well due to the fact that they're not considered "Staff" or get anything out of being a helper. The only way to fix that issue, is to re-evaluate the staff team and if need be, remove people who aren't contributing to the requirements and in return, find people who will.

new spawn = world reset = economy fix.
As for staff ignoring players, not only did I suggest helper but I also had another talk to djkirsh explaining her what things are the highest priority and need to be fixed first
Fair enough, but like a said, the more plugins you add and features, the more people will be interested and occupied. A reset and economy fix will only last for so long, until you run into another issue.

Quote from: Miniduck on Jul 10, 2016, 02:24 PMCan I help build the town :3

I believe Dday is the head of the new spawn town, I advise you to get into contact with him via forum PM.

stormshooter

Really appreciate the effort you guys are putting into reading our suggestions and making something happen with them. c:

Towelie

If you have any particular plugins in mind, then please suggest. Do note that the latest plugins are not compatible with MC 1.7.10 which pix is running on.
From what I heard from @Dpa1991 an update will become possible in the medium to long term.

Arias0

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2016, 02:34 PMIf you have any particular plugins in mind, then please suggest. Do note that the latest plugins are not compatible with MC 1.7.10 which pix is running on.
From what I heard from @Dpa1991 an update will become possible in the medium to long term.
Until the update, why don't you look into someone who can create there own plugins to keep people entertained in the mean time?

Towelie

We don't have anyone competent enough to make a good plugin and 50% of the plugins don't work with pix (eg Paintball, etc).
If you are refering to yourself, you are welcome to making a plugin for pix, just don't pay someone to do it for you.

Arias0

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2016, 02:39 PMWe don't have anyone competent enough to make a good plugin and 50% of the plugins don't work with pix (eg Paintball, etc).
If you are refering to yourself, you are welcome to making a plugin for pix, just don't pay someone to do it for you.
If I am welcome too, you should reply and maybe arrange something. I didn't pay anyone, I told you it was a combined project and I didn't realize.

I sent you something else, but you have yet to get back to me.

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2016, 02:20 PM- You reported that pokemons aren't spawning enough. I've increased land/air pokemon spawn rates. After carefully analyzing, I have noticed the server is not lagging / tickrate is decent so this change should have no negative impact on lag
hadn't they already been upped from this one? https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/topic,153590.0.html just gonna point out that there is some fun in looking for pokemons too and not just having them surround you with spawns (but i mean if peops still complained about it then good for them i guess xd )

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2016, 02:20 PM- You reported that staff are ignoring players some times / not helping them. I have talked to [attach]@djkirsh[/attach] , she will work on improving that, and in addition to that, I have talked to [attach]@Dpa1991[/attach] about a new "Helper" rank.
My idea:
[05:10:53 PM] TowelieDOH: An easy way to please players and solve one of the issues pix is dealing with right now would be a new rank called Helper. Bearers of this rank are not staff but are instructed to answer player's questions
had to reread this part a few times cuz it sounded like instead of making sure that staff do their thing with answering and not ignoring you're gonna try to justify it by adding others that can do it S: ofc now that i reread it i understand that djkirsh is still working on it so...yey?

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2016, 02:20 PM- You reported that not enough is being changed / added to the game. I have talked to the build team, asked them to speed up the spawn town build and make it their #1 priority. As soon as the world reset comes, I understood from [attach]@Dpa1991[/attach] that he also has a plan on dealing with the economy.
this part thoe, agree with Jay pretty sure they weren't talking about changing of server looks but about adding mods and plugins (having the same ones for this long makes em lose interrest) and for this i'd like to casually advertise suggestion board
https://www.superfuntime.org/forum/index.php/board,206.0.html so maybe to fix this try and actually read the suggestions there/reply to them (after considering. not just basic "not in my opinion *leaves open for months without conclusion*)

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2016, 02:20 PM- You reported that the legendary spawn rate is too low, so i increased it from 1/70000 to 1/50000 ( [attach]@Dpa1991[/attach] please don't hurt me)
Hope you put the thought in that you can also donate to increase the legend spawn rates for a week cuz if they're too low noone's gonna bother donating for it. or maybe destroy economy of legends by donating for it 3 times in same week and have spawnrates all the way down to...ehm.... 3/50000 (ugh math >.<)

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 10, 2016, 02:20 PM- More events - I have no sollution for that, but I will talk with [attach]@djkirsh[/attach] and [attach]@Dpa1991[/attach] to see what a fix would be for that (EDIT: more eventhosts are being promoted, and thjey will be instructed that we want bigger, better and more events)
*cough cough* big front page events like survival ;D

\(◎o◎)/

CallOfTheElements

Thanks great one, I cannot wait to see the new spawn. Another thing with the staff members ignoring players is that we are kinda short on mods an jmods. The people that are usually on are pretty much swamped with messages and players needing help.

Mrs_Ender88

Will have to check out all the changes sometimes. Sounds like you did good work.  :diamond:
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

iLaxrv10

Thanks for the fixes, towelie! Looking forward to it ;)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Loasty

Why the need for a helper rank? In my personal opinion.... if staff can't answer questions in chat themselves then why are they staff?  Staff are supposed to have a decent knowledge to answer those things, to be looking at chat a majority of the time in the first place to be doing their duties, so I don't see how a helper rank is needed when staff should be doing this in the first place.   That's just me though, I look forward to hearing more in depth info on exactly what this is and why.
Pixelmon Admin
Need assistance? contact me on discord @ Loasty#4663

SuperJK

do you even play pixelmon?? BTW TOWELIE THAT IS a good Idea the Helper rank is there any app forms for helper?

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Towelie

Quote from: FrostyRaiden on Jul 10, 2016, 05:57 PMWhy the need for a helper rank? In my personal opinion.... if staff can't answer questions in chat themselves then why are they staff?  Staff are supposed to have a decent knowledge to answer those things, to be looking at chat a majority of the time in the first place to be doing their duties, so I don't see how a helper rank is needed when staff should be doing this in the first place.   That's just me though, I look forward to hearing more in depth info on exactly what this is and why.
Like I said, we are also working on improving the staff team but I don't see how having some dedicated community members helping other players would be a bad thing.

Nubbun

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 11, 2016, 04:11 AM
Quote from: FrostyRaiden on Jul 10, 2016, 05:57 PMWhy the need for a helper rank? In my personal opinion.... if staff can't answer questions in chat themselves then why are they staff?  Staff are supposed to have a decent knowledge to answer those things, to be looking at chat a majority of the time in the first place to be doing their duties, so I don't see how a helper rank is needed when staff should be doing this in the first place.   That's just me though, I look forward to hearing more in depth info on exactly what this is and why.
Like I said, we are also working on improving the staff team but I don't see how having some dedicated community members helping other players would be a bad thing.
Would be cheeky to reply like a staff member here and say "you don't need a rank to be able to help players" wouldn't it? (;

\(◎o◎)/

Arias0

Jul 11, 2016, 08:25 AM #20 Last Edit: Jul 11, 2016, 08:30 AM by Jay
Quote from: magl on Jul 11, 2016, 07:56 AM
Would be cheeky to reply like a staff member here and say "you don't need a rank to be able to help players" wouldn't it? (;
Agreed, prefix or no prefix. If they wanted to do help, they'd already be helping regardless.

Quote from: SuperJK on Jul 11, 2016, 03:38 AM

do you even play pixelmon?? BTW TOWELIE THAT IS a good Idea the Helper rank is there any app forms for helper?
No, I don't. But I have before. And I do have enough knowledge about SFT to input a strong opinion.

SuperJK

Quote from: Jay on Jul 11, 2016, 08:25 AM
Agreed, prefix or no prefix. If they wanted to do help, they'd already be helping regardless.

No, I don't. But I have before. And I do have enough knowledge about SFT to input a strong opinion.
how do you do that @Jay

/warp SteveCoMuseum

Arias0

Quote from: SuperJK on Jul 11, 2016, 10:28 AM
Quote from: Jay on Jul 11, 2016, 08:25 AM

how do you do that @Jay
Do what?

crystalcool0922

I was looking at plugins try iDisguise for one