[Survival] Don't Use Head-Based Slimefun Items!

Started by Spookystorm, Jul 13, 2016, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookystorm

Please avoid using any slimefun items that are made of heads, such as backpacks, on Survival for the time being. They're currently turning into default Steve heads and becoming unusable. This may be able to be fixed by placing and breaking the head for some items, but do not rely on this fix.

MrRed2016

Are we allowed to have them if they are usable? I have a Portable Dustbin that's a Steve head, but still serves its purpose.

xQuicScopex

hes basically saying this is a glitch do what you want with it if you lose anything youre s.o.l.

Fractalion

Do we know what caused this to happen all of a sudden?

Given the numerous issues we've had with Slimefun updates in the past I assume we didn't update it without testing the update/announcing it ahead of time, but it seems weird to me that this would suddenly spring out of nowhere.

xQuicScopex

they break when they are accidently placed while opening them (can confirm this because that's the ONLY time mine have ever broken) before when the items were chests if they were placed they broke too but with the addition of making it impossible to place them and that fixed it, maybe the same can be done here?

Spookystorm

Quote from: Fractalion on Jul 13, 2016, 11:37 PMDo we know what caused this to happen all of a sudden?

Given the numerous issues we've had with Slimefun updates in the past I assume we didn't update it without testing the update/announcing it ahead of time, but it seems weird to me that this would suddenly spring out of nowhere.
We don't currently. All I know is that the problems started occurring after yesterday's restart just over 24 hours ago now.

JohnOaklyjohn

Quote from: Spookystorm on Jul 13, 2016, 07:03 PMThis may be able to be fixed by placing and breaking the head for some items
This works for all slimefun items besides backpacks, dustbins, and heads that open up a gui. Things like, magnets and energy equipment work just fine once placed and broken.

John

Towelie

Slimefun items SHOULD now work.
Can someone test? I tried a backpack last night and it worked.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

JohnOaklyjohn

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 15, 2016, 04:22 AMSlimefun items SHOULD now work.
Can someone test? I tried a backpack last night and it worked.
I think it works, but the textures still don't work.

John