Apr 27, 2024, 09:26 PM

News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Pixelmon - 1.8 status

Started by Dpa1991, Jul 14, 2016, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jul 14, 2016, 11:06 PMyou yourself will have to download the pixelmon mod and add it to our modpack manually.
Someone should make a guide on how to do this.

Long time StarNomad

blalp

Quote from: Stormξηder ღ on Aug 07, 2016, 07:47 AM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jul 14, 2016, 11:06 PMyou yourself will have to download the pixelmon mod and add it to our modpack manually.
Someone should make a guide on how to do this.
there are some on youtube.
Have a fantastic day!

Dpa1991

Quote from: bobmarley528 on Aug 07, 2016, 07:20 AMif we bought something one the server now could we carry it over to the new server? @Dpa1991

No, two separate servers with separate hosting costs.

bobmarley528

are you going to update the existing  server to 1.8 or well it always stay the same? @Dpa1991

Stariieyed

Quote from: bobmarley528 on Aug 09, 2016, 03:43 AMare you going to update the existing  server to 1.8 or well it always stay the same? @Dpa1991
Dpa would like to update the server, but at the moment it doesn't seem like it'll ever be feasible. That's why he was looking into two separate
servers, one for 1.7.10 and one for 1.8

bobmarley528

I do understand that im just wondering because  i would wanna got to the updated version of the game. Im sure many people would but i would not want to lose the permissions or the Pokemon i bought. I didn't buy them to just lose them by moving to a different server hosted by the same person/group.

Towelie

Quote from: Stariieyed on Aug 09, 2016, 04:05 AM
Quote from: bobmarley528 on Aug 09, 2016, 03:43 AMare you going to update the existing  server to 1.8 or well it always stay the same? @Dpa1991
Dpa would like to update the server, but at the moment it doesn't seem like it'll ever be feasible. That's why he was looking into two separate
servers, one for 1.7.10 and one for 1.8
I wouldn't say it'll never be feasible, just that it isn't at the moment.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Quote from: bobmarley528 on Aug 09, 2016, 04:23 AMI do understand that im just wondering because  i would wanna got to the updated version of the game. Im sure many people would but i would not want to lose the permissions or the Pokemon i bought. I didn't buy them to just lose them by moving to a different server hosted by the same person/group.
An update to 1.8 pokemon go REQUIRES a full reset because IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE with existing data.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

yolomaster007

Do you know approximatley when you are going to be finished? And can i put in a suggestion of some cool world editing mods like, giant trees, cities, bigger caves or cool stuff? Ty

xQuicScopex

Quote from: bobmarley528 on Aug 09, 2016, 04:23 AMI do understand that im just wondering because  i would wanna got to the updated version of the game. Im sure many people would but i would not want to lose the permissions or the Pokemon i bought. I didn't buy them to just lose them by moving to a different server hosted by the same person/group.

you bought the pokemon for the 1.7.10 server so if dpa made a new 1.8 server there is no reason that anything should have to be moved over to it. the only way I can see dpa going through the trouble of moving pokes is if the 1.7 server completely died and he made the 1.8 server as a replacement.

Quote from: yolomaster007 on Aug 09, 2016, 10:44 AMDo you know approximatley when you are going to be finished? And can i put in a suggestion of some cool world editing mods like, giant trees, cities, bigger caves or cool stuff? Ty

id wait until after the server is up and running to see how many people play it and if itll stick around before we look into adding new mods to it

Chocobo123456

What really bothers me about this whole thing is the fact the pix devs  are fucking it up on the technic(sorry for spelling) side of things thus giving everyone else a hard time to make modpacks with pixelmon. In my eyes I find it hard as crap to install the pixelmon mod just by myself let alone having someone else like my dad who is great with computers and even he has troubles. Heck i dont even know if i can get it to add to the modpack myself so I may not be able to join the new pixelmon server at all which really sucks as its one thing I look forward to is just having fun with everyone and catching pokemon. Now i know the 1.7 pack will still be there and i can use that its just not getting an update. I really really hope that you can get the pixelmon mod to work with the modpack soon or i may have troubles getting in >,< Once again thanks dap and well good luck.

Stariieyed

Quote from: bobmarley528 on Aug 07, 2016, 07:20 AMif we bought something one the server now could we carry it over to the new server? @Dpa1991

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jul 15, 2016, 04:12 PM
Quote from: xQuicScopex on Jul 15, 2016, 02:58 PMwould it be possible to move existing players money/pokes to the new server? some people paid irl money for some of their pokes and wouldn't wanna lose them

No, their stuff will remain on the 1.7 server and they won't lose them

platerfin

what would be done if you have donated?

blalp

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Aug 07, 2016, 12:55 PM

No, two separate servers with separate hosting costs.
That aswer your question @platerfin ?
Have a fantastic day!

platerfin

blalp

Have a fantastic day!