Apr 27, 2024, 12:09 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Apple vs Android

Started by BloodQueenRazlc, Jul 21, 2016, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is better Android or Apple?

Android
Apple

BloodQueenRazlc

Android is better I've had many issues with Apple.Im exited to see the results :D

iLaxrv10

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Lucy_23x

I don't mind, they each have advantages and disadvantages, though I find Apple easier to understand at points, but that's just me

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

ochoaj

Apple is sooooooo much better. Android phones are just confusing and just don't have that same feeling and amazingness of an iPhone.  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

JinxOnTheLoose

What kind of issues did you have with Apple? The only issue I've had with my iPhone 6 is that there is a static problems so I can press 15% of my phone screen. I went to check it out and they said they'll replace it for me if they can't fix it when I need to. Apple seems to be very good in the supportive area from the problems both myself and others have had in the past.

I personally don't see the need for a ''what is better'' argument. Do you boo.

Green_Giant

Neither is better, it's all opinion based. Perhaps you should change the poll to "Which do you prefer?"

Darren64_NY

Apple, only problem is battery life xd

Lucy_23x

Quote from: Darren64_NY on Jul 21, 2016, 07:53 PMApple, only problem is battery life xd
Not an issue for me really

Quote from: sparkydeathcap on Feb 17, 2016, 04:07 AMand also; how old are you? I've always imagined you as like a old irish man that drinks whiskey and screams at people to get off his lawn while sitting on a bench in the park. But I'm pretty sure that's not the case because if it was: 1. you're a pedophile and 2. you're a pedophile

darknuju

As someone who has used both, there is no objective answer to this question.

Android is a more open platform with many highly intelligent features and allows for it to be customized by phone sellers to make each one unique and furthermore allows the user to customize more if they know what they are doing, at the cost of making the phone less simple, more buggy, and more susceptible to malicious apps/software. Android is also good if you need a budget phone, for instance my current phone I just recently got was about $350 (The Moto X Pure Edition) and so far I have not had any issues with performance, bugs, etc. The only problem I really have with it is a lack of battery life but that seems to be an issue in general with phones these days plus that is more on each phone manufacturer than Android itself.

On the other hand, Apple devices are some of the most polished, smooth, and fun to use devices out there. Apple's more controlled closed environment allows them to polish and work out every last bit of the device making everything run very very smooth and simple to use. Apple devices also tend to have very good cameras that are hard to beat and absolutely stunning screens. However Apple devices are far less customizable. Not to mention the hefty price most apple devices have if you dont get it with a contract.

There are many more comparisons to make, but I think you get the picture. It more than anything does come down to what you use your phone for, if you take a lot of pictures it will probably lean you towards Apple, if you dont have a lot of money you will likely lean towards android, etc

maybe i'm completely wrong though

:P

Darren64_NY

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jul 21, 2016, 07:56 PM
Quote from: Darren64_NY on Jul 21, 2016, 07:53 PMApple, only problem is battery life xd
Then I guess it's a prob that my iPhone 6 has xd shuts off around 15% everytime like wtf

ochoaj

Quote from: Darren64_NY on Jul 21, 2016, 11:34 PM
Then I guess it's a prob that my iPhone 6 has xd shuts off around 15% everytime like wtf
That used to happen to me because the storage was always full. Maybe try clearing up space on your phone and see if that works, if it doesn't, then there may be something wrong with yours in particular  ;)
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

pwnswords

#Windowsphonehasnoappsbutotherwiseitsgood
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

CaykoMarie

Apple products are way too overpriced in my opinion. You're just buying a brand. I prefer the interface and feel of an Android.

Green_Giant

From my experience, if you leave it on charge for too long, then it slowly kills the battery (and makes it less accurate) so that sort of thing happens. Either that, or you have a setting somewhere in your phone.

blalp

Apple is fine if you want to do basicer stuff, or the stuff in their apps. Take one step out, and android is for you.
Have a fantastic day!

wfi974

I prefer Android for the customization, but I do like iOS because the consistencies in the software other than the iOS versions makes it easier to help people.

BTW I rooted my android, ran a debloater, and installed an adblocker which makes my android experience even better.

Darren64_NY

Quote from: ochoaj on Jul 21, 2016, 11:47 PM
That used to happen to me because the storage was always full. Maybe try clearing up space on your phone and see if that works, if it doesn't, then there may be something wrong with yours in particular  ;)
Nah, 64GB and I have like 30 available but thanks.

Lucy_23x

Quote from: CaykoMarie on Jul 21, 2016, 11:58 PMApple products are way too overpriced in my opinion.
True, very true

BloodQueenRazlc

@Jinxie the problems I have had with Apple is not being able to downgrade minecraft to play SFT PE.So it temporarily ruined my life ;(  .It also won't let me play Pokemon go.And my iPad is so incredibly glitchy :P

Melly

omelott

I like Android better, but I use both.  :P

American_Walrus

The thing with all these debates like "Apple vs. Android", "xBox vs Playstation", "Console vs. PC", etc. is that they're both great at what they do. Like green said, the debate is purely opinion based. They both have great ratings. So maybe the question should be "Which do you prefer, Apple or Android?"

If that were the question, Apple.

eye_nine

Quote from: Lucy_23x on Jul 22, 2016, 06:08 AM
Quote from: CaykoMarie on Jul 21, 2016, 11:58 PMApple products are way too overpriced in my opinion.
True, very true
Which is why I still have an iPhone 4. I admit to loving my mac though. May not be the fastest, but the interface seems so much more simple to me.

2CraftyGirl

Definitely Android  :)

IPwnCreeps

I'm gonna have to go with Android despite the fact I own and use an IPhone. Apple as a company has always really irritated me, their prices are EXTREMELY high when their hardware is sub-par or mediocre at best. The IPhone iOS constantly gets changes that are just plain stupid and unnecessary; they seem more focused on making something pretty and expensive than functional. I've heard good things about Android and I'm considering switching next time I'm due for a new phone. It seems like the majority of mainstream technology is slowly curving towards what Apple does sadly, but you can't blame them. Why sell something that is super cheap to make for super cheap when you can sell it for hundreds?

Darth_Noob

android android android.

Kiannaa