Apr 27, 2024, 11:07 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Regarding nudes

Started by Towelie, Jul 25, 2016, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

Good post. As community owners, it's our responsibility to ensure this is a safe environment for anyone. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated by me on any level.

Chocotaco786

Quote from: emily142 on Jul 25, 2016, 07:45 PM
Quote from: The Real Choco Taco on Jul 25, 2016, 07:37 PMGive a kid a bike, they'll ride it. Give a kid a ball, they'll play with it. Give a kid a phone?... What the heck society. I blame Obama for this stuff.

People should at least wait until it's legal no matter how "appealing" it is. JFC

This is a very sad topic although it is not restricted to the United States. This server is world-wide and many underage children are doing this. President Obama has no relevance to this subject nor is he to blame. I just hope that things will start to become right again and parents will inform their children of these mistakes.

its just a joke

Doctor_Thanos

It's quite a pitty this post was needed. :l

Not only is it illegal but its also stupid to send nude pictures of yourself...

pwnswords

Great psa tow and for one thing I blame the magazine and news people with all these scandals it interests younger generations and some act on it others don't but if anyone under 18 looks at this think what would your parents or even your grandparents think.
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

Aymaneto

Jul 25, 2016, 08:56 PM #30 Last Edit: Jul 25, 2016, 09:04 PM by aymaneto
Since when did this turn into a nude-sending community?

pwnswords

Quote from: aymaneto on Jul 25, 2016, 08:56 PMSince when did people turn into a nude-sending community?

The creation of the smartphone
don't listen to my personal title its drunk...1.7.10 Admin, Ex-Bteam Admin, Ex-Pix mod

stormshooter

Quote from: aymaneto on Jul 25, 2016, 08:56 PMSince when did this turn into a nude-sending community?
I wouldn't call it a nude sending community, just irresponsible individuals.

Katherine

People don't also realise, once you post something online, it stays there forever. No matter how much you try to delete it from all of your accounts. Especially if your face is in it, imagine if your future employer tracks that down.

Good luck.

ping99811

What goes around, comes around. Remember guys, your images get stored and archived for up to 12 years online. Be extremely careful what you post online. Ofcourse, if anyone needs somebody to talk to, don't be afraid to come to me or another community member. We're here for eachother.

millsyboi

Excuse my... surprise here

But are you kidding me?

Like seriously, what the actual f**k

Ya'll need less hormones and shit, and a girlfriend, rather than this kinda shit....

Ya'll just need jesus

Rainbowgirl

This post was needed, the SFT community should be more responsible in my opinion, so sad that this was actually needed though.

xJade

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

emily142

Quote from: The Real Choco Taco on Jul 25, 2016, 08:30 PM
Quote from: emily142 on Jul 25, 2016, 07:45 PM
Quote from: The Real Choco Taco on Jul 25, 2016, 07:37 PMGive a kid a bike, they'll ride it. Give a kid a ball, they'll play with it. Give a kid a phone?... What the heck society. I blame Obama for this stuff.

People should at least wait until it's legal no matter how "appealing" it is. JFC

This is a very sad topic although it is not restricted to the United States. This server is world-wide and many underage children are doing this. President Obama has no relevance to this subject nor is he to blame. I just hope that things will start to become right again and parents will inform their children of these mistakes.

its just a joke

I didn't find this a joking manner nor an appropriate time for jokes but I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Fractalion

I feel like the people who would disregard the law in this way are probably the same people who would disregard this new rule, believing it doesn't really apply to them in their situation, but regardless, thank you for posting this. Hopefully we'll hear about these  things happening a little less often now.

Mgwllw

Honestly I don't understand why everyone is all up in a twist with this. I don't know he full story, but if any of you are in highschool this isn't some crazy new thing that happens. I understand nudes aren't for sft and of course not to associate them with SFT, but let's not freak out so much about this. Towelie said not to send nudes don't send nudes to fellow players on the server lol

AidenBwah

Good post. For whatever reason, most minors seem to think this is a "normal" thing to do. Those who do probably don't know the true dangers of this. It's nice to see SFT taking a step to prevent this.

Kiannaa

R&U. I don't understand why anyone would do this like what went through their mind? Anyways I'm glad you mentioned  this for players to be aware.

Towelie

Do note that any bans for facts described in the post from the moment this post was made will be punished with a permanent ban from all the SFT servers with no chance of unban ever. It is so we set a point and other people learn this as well.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

ochoaj

Okay, here's my deal with this:

I absolutely understand that it's not right to send inappropriate pictures to other people, especially one/both parties are underage.
I also completely understand that SFT should not be used directly to send these kinds of messages.

But honestly, if this is done outside of the SFT Realm, SuperFunTime players or staff have absolute no jurisdiction over your actions.
Now if you go around flaunting it, and it gets out onto our server and people know about it, then that's a different story.
But if it is separate from the SFT Community, then no one in this community has a say in what you do.

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 25, 2016, 06:08 PMFurther on, attempts will be made to contact the minor's family and inform them.
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 25, 2016, 06:08 PMWe will begin enforcing these penalties for any offense which happens from this moment on.
We encourage anyone receiving a nude from a minor to report to us, including proof such as Skype logs.
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 25, 2016, 06:08 PMDo note, these guidelines apply even if the nude exchange was consensual!
This also applies if the exchange occured on skype / other communication methods outside of Super Fun Time.
I'm sorry @Towelie, but we have no right to do such actions since we are not law enforcement. We should not be crossing this line, because it takes it beyond a personal level, as well as it being extremely invasive in our players' lives.

I would like to remind everyone, that this is a community that prioritizes having fun with people all over the world, over anything else. But if you're going to be doing stuff like this, then keep it away from this community since it will not be tolerated here.

SFT should not and does not reserve the right interfere with your personal lives, unless you present that part of your life specifically on SFT.  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

Fractalion

Quote from: ochoaj on Jul 26, 2016, 07:15 AMOkay, here's my deal with this:

I absolutely understand that it's not right to send inappropriate pictures to other people, especially one/both parties are underage.
I also completely understand that SFT should not be used directly to send these kinds of messages.

But honestly, if this is done outside of the SFT Realm, SuperFunTime players or staff have absolute no jurisdiction over your actions.
Now if you go around flaunting it, and it gets out onto our server and people know about it, then that's a different story.
But if it is separate from the SFT Community, then no one in this community has a say in what you do.

Quote from: Towelie on Jul 25, 2016, 06:08 PMFurther on, attempts will be made to contact the minor's family and inform them.
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 25, 2016, 06:08 PMWe will begin enforcing these penalties for any offense which happens from this moment on.
We encourage anyone receiving a nude from a minor to report to us, including proof such as Skype logs.
Quote from: Towelie on Jul 25, 2016, 06:08 PMDo note, these guidelines apply even if the nude exchange was consensual!
This also applies if the exchange occured on skype / other communication methods outside of Super Fun Time.
I'm sorry @Towelie, but we have no right to do such actions since we are not law enforcement. We should not be crossing this line, because it takes it beyond a personal level, as well as it being extremely invasive in our players' lives.

I would like to remind everyone, that this is a community that prioritizes having fun with people all over the world, over anything else. But if you're going to be doing stuff like this, then keep it away from this community since it will not be tolerated here.

SFT should not and does not reserve the right interfere with your personal lives, unless you present that part of your life specifically on SFT.  :steve:

I agree and disagree.

I agree insofar as SFT shouldn't get involved if the exchange happens in an environment completely separate from SFT.
...But the thing with that is that if that happens we wouldn't know about it anyway. I'm not saying such exchanges should happen. They shouldn't. But in the case that they do happen, and neither party does anything stupid(er), then SFT wouldn't have the ability to take action in the first place.

I disagree with your stance on informing the parents/guardians of the minor in question should such an issue ever occur again, though. Imagine, if you will, a hypothetical situation involving at least three people. Let's say person A and person B are dating, and exchange nudes. Their relationship goes on for another couple weeks, and they have a rough breakup. Let's say that person B has saved some of these nudes, whereas person A has not. Let's say person B is really upset with person A and makes the mistake of sending these images to person C. Person C then sends them to person D, person E, etc.

If I was the parent of any of these hypothetical people, I would appreciate being told of what is going on.
As the parent of person A, I would want to make sure the authorities get involved, and that all copies of these images are deleted.
As the parent of any of the persons involved in spreading these images, I would want to have a serious discussion with them and make sure that they never participate in these actions again.

Let's face it, without getting the parents/guardians/authorities involved, the chances of person A stopping the spread of these before they get out of hand is practically nil.

Even if the exchange was consensual and somehow became public knowledge I would want to know for the sake of being able to intervene and make sure they were aware of the potential risks, if nothing else.

As I said before, I don't think that this new rule is going to change much, if anything at all. People make mistakes, and will continue to make mistakes even when they are being told that what they are doing is a mistake. Laying out exactly what will happen if something like this becomes public and SFT has to intervene really just serves to let people know that such behaviour is not tolerated in the community, and it makes it so that if and when something happens again, there will be absolutely no surprise when these actions are taken.

I know that parents/guardians have been contacted when other illegal/deeply concerning things have happened in the community in the past, and I genuinely believe that if ever a situation arises where it is believed that not contacting the parents of a player to report/discuss an issue would have a long term negative impact on said player, then every effort should be made to get in contact and ensure that such a risk is mitigated. Sure, it could cause short term problems for the player, but if that short term problem pales in comparison to the projected long term impact, then I support the decision to make contact with the parents/guardians completely.

ochoaj

@Fractalion
Okay but think about that potential situation. Do you really think that the parent of this child supposedly sending nudes is going to take some random person (who has their child's nude pictures) at all seriously? If I were that parent, I wouldn't trust anyone on the internet that my child is talking to, especially if they are claiming that someone else has been sending inappropriate pictures to my child.

This has no stable foothold or any legal stronghold on either SFT's side or the parents side. And think about it, if a parent thought that people on SFT were sending nudes to each other, that parent would do anything it takes to report our server and try to get it shut down for exactly that reason.

I stand by my point by saying we can only intervene if it is in our jurisdiction, which is on our server and forums. Anything outside of SFT, we cannot control.  :steve:
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
― Benjamin Franklin

calfrokrill

Jul 26, 2016, 09:09 AM #47 Last Edit: Jul 26, 2016, 09:32 AM by cri (Calaurix)
Going to keep this short and simple-

Nobody wants to see your nudes, kid.
So if you want to do that sort of thing,

Get lost.

StartupG

I'm with @ochoaj while in no way should this happen unless it shown on SFT or broadcasted to SFT the its out of SFTs' hands and as such should not be followed up as it intrudes on a person personal and private life and in no way does SFT have the rights to do that and they should leave it alone especially if it happens on a third party website such as skype SFT does not and never has owned skype so therefore its out of SFTs' jurisdiction however this kind of behavior should not be tolerated so unless it happens through a PM on the forums or is broadcasted in-game the SFT should stay out of it I'm not trying to start a fight here I'm just offering my person opinion on the subject and like I said this behavior should not happen in the first place.

JinxOnTheLoose

Quote from: cri (Calaurix) on Jul 26, 2016, 09:09 AMNobody wants to see your nudes, kid.
Fshhhhhh, we have tinder for that.
I mean, nobody wants to see you slapping your ass in front of a camera.

>kid
>tinder
I'm sorry but we're talking about minors here, and minors shouldn't be on tinder. Nudes shouldn't even be a thing with minors. There shouldn't even be a ''place'' for ''that''. This isn't a joke.