Apr 27, 2024, 06:13 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Give away! The new Don't Starve Together server

Started by CallOfTheElements, Jul 29, 2016, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallOfTheElements

Jul 29, 2016, 06:42 PM Last Edit: Aug 01, 2016, 08:46 PM by LavishGaming
Greetings SFT! As some of you may know, our wonderful Towelie has put me in charge of running the Don't Starve Together server! I promise to add more Cephalopods, and less rage! I also am hosting a giveaway at the bottom.

HOW TO JOIN

To join the server, simply search "Super fun time" in your server directory.
Alternately, you can log in and press ~ to open the dev console, where you type or past this: c_connect("86.104.30.210", 11000)

A few of the things that have been added/changed.

CHANGELOG

Added a small spawn area, with sanity stones and pigs!
Added FirePit respawn, if you are a ghost just haunt any firepit to respawn and light it up!
Added a protection mod, if you place a chest or icebox, etc, only you can use it.
No respawn penalty! You should not lose a portion of your max health upon respawn.
More balanced day/night cycle.
No firespread! (I am looking at you soulio) (jk nah he's great)
Djinn Lamps! If you find one, I will grant you 3 items. Only one ATM, possible donor option.

TO BE ADDED

Spawn protection
The ability to add others to your protected structures.
Advanced world regen

TIPS

if you cannot find materials, keep walking. The world is endless and just a few biomes away from spawn, materials are plentiful.
If you go insane, stay near pig's houses.
Do not forget to ask for help!

AND NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

To promote the server, I will be giving away a copy of DST to one lucky player! The drawing will be held on the 6th.
click here for info!

HOW TO ENTER

Reply to this post with your steam name.
In the reply, state why you want the game, as well as say something nice about the player above you!

GOOD LUCK ALL, AND HAVE A SUPER FUN TIME!

hi735

Hi735/roarimatiger/tigergrowl I'm looking to expand my game library... but seriously I want to be as large of a part of the sft community as possible so yeah also good job modding it up nub

graven2603

Steam name is Morrison4242 (most likely) and i have tried all of SFT minecraft servers and the new minetest server but have never gotten the chance to play a steam server before, and i spend a lot of time in the SFT community and want to expand my relationship with SFT to not just include minecraft. (also it looks like a good game and i want to get it in the future)

Hi Is a Good nub who knows what hes doing in game and is normally nice to the Zubats on the server like .96% of the time.
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

zomcri

Steam name is zomcry

I would like the game because it's something new that i would like to try, it's also a sft server that isnt on minecraft and i would enjoy a change. (And because i can't afford stuff :(..  )

Graven is sexi.

Artificial Bertholt

Steam Name: TheShrike

A few of my friends have this game and I want to be able to play it with them, as well as with the SFT community. The game itself also seems really fun.

Also Zomcry well done on being an ex-Mod on 3 of them servers quite impressive to be honest.

Smxcee

Steam name: Smxcee (why not, it's everything else)

Have wanted to play this for quite a bit but nobody I knew played so I never bothered, now they do & I can maybe help out/be a bigger part of SFT by playing a game I'm interested in, win win.

Shrike, idk why but I think your name is cool xd

Also, very proud of Lav, good job man.

smallfry5545

Steam Name: smallfry5545 or smallfry554554 (unsure which)

Seems like an interesting game, and it'd be great to take part in another game within SFT's community.

Smxaayyy- Awesome person and friend, super easy to talk to but best of all, he's a nub.

iLaxrv10

Steam Name: iLaxrv10 (pretty sure) [if i win ill give confirmation]
Why I Want This Game: Ive seen a bunch of gameplay videos and it seems pretty cool :)
Smofry is the best and shes an amazing friend and she very well deserved that admin promo <3
Also v proud of you Cephalopod overlord ;)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Britney1177

Steam name: Britney1177

I want the game because I'd love to try out a new game and play it with friends! I've seen people on YouTube play this game with each other and it seems really fun!

iLax has the dankest of memes ;D

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Pookalton

Steam Name: VeryVeryLongUnoriginalName

I have had my eye on this game for a few months now, but due to financial issues, unfortunately I haven't been able to try it out D:
I kinda hope that maybe this game will really bring me back into SFT's gaming community, and not just on the forums.

Sorry Britney, I don't know much about you, but with your obsession with dank memes, I'm sure your an mlg person for sure. :D

misspiggy95

(Not entering because I already have the game :P )

The new additions look awesome!
Will definitely be checking it out ^_^

Melons are love. Melons are life

CallOfTheElements

Awesome kayla, thanks to all who have applied so far! Lets hope to get more submissions!

xsosolid1kx

Steam: xsosolid1kx
I havent been active in the sft community for quite a while now because Minecraft became quite boring to me. This game looks interesting and it could maybe help me become involved again.
I don't know you Lavish, but I do know being a mod is a hard and time consuming job and its important for the servers to run smoothly. And thanks for this giveaway ;)

egrace16

Steam name: (big shocker) egrace16
Reason for applying: I love SFT and am so happy for Lavish!!!! I know he has worked extremely hard on this and had a positive attitude every step of the way. And also Lavish wants me to join the server and forced me to apply bc he knows I won't pay 14 dollars for it XD.
xsosolid1kx: I don't know you but, I appreciate your respect for the mod rank :D Your awesome!!!! <3

soulio

I've had Don't Starve since the beta, and I've had DST since I can remember, the game really is fun, and Lav has done a great job with the server, more people should join in on this giveaway for a chance on some fun!
Don't worry about it!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

graven2603

i've got the game now (couldn't resist) so i don't need to enter now
Yuri!!! on ICE is just the best #Victuri
"Try getting good scrub, Time to learn by dying"

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

crystalcool0922

Steam Name: crystalcool0922

I'll do both:
Towelie is the Bomb dot Com and the BEST Owner!
Graven is an AMAZING Jmod!

CallOfTheElements

Forum section for DST now up, getting it organized. Until then, if you need anything just post it in there.

CallOfTheElements

Added carpet utilities, revamped spawn again. Forum board is also up for comments and suggestions.

andrewfer000

Steam name- andrewfer000

I want the game because it looks nice and I need something new to play with people

Lavish is cool for putting this all together and setting this all up
Andrewfer000

Miniduck

Steam name - minimuck1/MiniMuck

Why I want it - It's free so why not

CallOfTheElements

Quote from: Miniduck on Aug 03, 2016, 07:56 PMSteam name - minimuck1/MiniMuck

Why I want it - It's free so why not
Missing something...

zomcri

Will you decide the winner by drawing a random number?

CharlieClasher

Steam Name: CharlieClasher

Why I want it: It would be nice to go on some other non-minecraft SFT servers
Mini is the best kyogre and a good breeder
Pixelmon Manager