Apr 29, 2024, 04:56 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Pixelmon] Updated plugins & Server wrapper

Started by Dpa1991, Sep 12, 2016, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

I've updated a few crucial plugins after testing them in a development instance for the past few days (Hopefully nothing goes wrong, curious if anyone could help me test WG not supporting uuids/automatically updating)

I've also switched from an outdated cauldron server wrapper to a new one so hopefully this will help with the crashes/recent lag. I'll be monitoring the server extensively over the next couple days to ensure this all goes as smooth as possible.

*most of these changes are back-end and you won't really notice any of them as a normal user

After I am confident these updates went smooth, I'll start rolling out some client updates. I have quite a lot of mods that I'm updating...

xQuicScopex

I can help you with the WG testing if you would like

Jaari

Let's see...

Don't forget the updated CodeChickenCore dependency for NEI, although you'll get that in your face if you try to start the modpack without doing that...

You were running an older version of Cauldron? What? You mean either KCauldron or Thermos?

Towelie

This seems like a short announcement.
However, I'd like to tell everyone that it's not. I've personally witnessed Dpa work for days in a row to make this happen.
Upgrading takes hours and days spent testing every mod for incompatibilities / crashes and then tweaking and testing some more and just when you thought you were done, there's some problem that you need to fix then tweak then test.

tl;dr -> Dpa has put a lot of work into this. It should result in less lag, less freezes/crashes (hopefully) and overall better performance.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

SnipeMasterShark

Good to see ya back dpa!

Thanks for all the hard work, and heart and soul you put into SFT!

Dpa1991

Quote from: Jaari on Sep 12, 2016, 04:42 PMLet's see...

Don't forget the updated CodeChickenCore dependency for NEI, although you'll get that in your face if you try to start the modpack without doing that...

You were running an older version of Cauldron? What? You mean either KCauldron or Thermos?

I don't have a list of all the mods but I bundle  dependencies with the mod they go with to shorten the list for solder (solder prints a lost on the technic page with the mods we use, dependincies and lib mods might confuse players). As for cauldron, we were running an old version of kcauldron. I've switched to Thermos

iLaxrv10

Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

onionboys

is this getting us any closer to 1.8 or is that idea out the window