Apr 28, 2024, 01:50 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

The state of things

Started by Towelie, Sep 21, 2016, 04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Sep 21, 2016, 04:23 AM Last Edit: Sep 21, 2016, 04:27 AM by Towelie
This is a quick post meant to show the state of things on Super Fun Time right now and what's being done.

Pixelmon:
- Dpa has spent and is spending lots of time to improve and optimize the server by replacing the server wrapper and optimizing things. The difference is already visible as the lag is a lot less than before
- He's also looking to add new mods to either add new features or improve on existing features
- A pix world reset is almost imminent. Dpa is making preparatons as we speak
- An update to a newer Minecraft version is currently not possible. If we were to update right now, we'd lose 99% of our plugins and we'd struggle to even find suitable plugins even for basic stuff like protections. We're not the only ones in this situatons, to my knowledge no other servers have successfully updated.

Survival:
- I am looking for new minigames and premium shop items to add. Some times i'm succesful, other times I'm not. If you look at AdvancedMobArena, I'd call that succesful
- @darknuju is currently working on a rewrite of Sabotage. I don't know if you remember, but Sabotage caused the server to crash like ~3 times / night. That's because it was poorly written and the person we bought it from (on Spigot) stopped maintaining it. Seing as it's a rather popular plugin, I decided to ask dark for help with rewriting it.
- We have a world reset scheduled (World1), but we are currently waiting to see if it's worth doing that in 1.11 or waiting until 1.14 (from what I heard, updates from 1.11 to 1.14 will come in rapid succession)

Prison:
- No, I'm not turning the knife in the wound to cause more pain. Prison actually has a standing chance to be released now. I gave @djkirsh file access to the server in a last ditch effort to have this server be released. She is making significant progress and I have agreed to help her on weekends. We still don't have a release date but we are hoping faster than Half Life 3.

PE:
- I have talked to @saywhat2365 to give PE a "makeover". Aka update it to the latest version possible, give it some love and caring when it comes to fixing/updating plugins. Afterwards, I plan on advertising it on our other, more popular servers (Survival, Pix). I believe it's a server that could work together with the other servers (people could play Survival/Pix while at PC and PE when in the bus/train). I also believe it would benefit SFT for it to be better integrated.
- I have talked to @fearthe1337 to add a front page status for PE. He said he would try on Saturday

B-Team:
- @iLaxrv10 is currently preparing the world reset and working on a list of stuff he wishes to change/improve. Nothing major because B-Team is an established server but just fixes and tweaks

Lost:
- As you know, @saywhat2365 recently updated Lost with new mods and plugins. Obviously, this won't happen a lot seing as Lost is a small server but I hope this satisfied your needs on Lost

Other:
- I have paid for us to be sponsored on Minestatus (aka on the front page)
- We currently have running ads on various websites with a budget of $50 (and another $50 before this)
- Things are looking somewhat better right now due to Pix being popular again. That being said, I'd still like to see Survival do a bit better with votes/donations

Stay safe, and don't hesitate to suggest improvements/new features for your favorite server!

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Towelie

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Aymaneto

Sep 21, 2016, 04:52 AM #2 Last Edit: Sep 21, 2016, 05:00 AM by Aymaneto
11/10, Thanks for the update! :D

CallOfTheElements

Hey tow, as for DST, I believe we are doing well. I see about 30 different players join each day, with quite a few returning players. I am currently working on possible donation options, as well as dealing with our spider population.

To do:

- Donations

- Less Webbers/spider dens

- Giants spawnrate adjustments

- An efficient world regen mod

- Deal with cadavers

Already done:

- Build a place for webbers to hang out wih other spiders (announcement soon)

- Restrict firespread and giants griefing player buildings (not including walls)

The server is still a Work in progress, but I feel it is coming along great and that we have a solid playerbase.

BioPh33r

the only pixelmon servers that have fully updated with current bbuild is the servers that are solely adventure maps

Dpa1991

Ark is kind of at a standstill, I've been painfully busy the last month. I've set up a Torched earth server that my brother @RallyReaper loves to bug me about. It's still in testing though.

Currently the main Ark server is suffering from bad map corruption and I cant figure out whats causing it

Im_NoT_Alex

For The Thing You said On PE, PE is were I started SFT so I might try to advertise it a Little Bit.

Im_NoT_Alex

And Also, Who takes Charge of Creative? because I'm noticing that It is getting less attention and Tbh Creative is Very fun So yeah

Towelie

Quote from: Im_NoT_Alex on Sep 21, 2016, 07:28 AMAnd Also, Who takes Charge of Creative? because I'm noticing that It is getting less attention and Tbh Creative is Very fun So yeah
Sadly it's also sort of abandoned by players as well. So if there are players to justify us working on it we will. Currently we're working on what we mentioned.

Zesty

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 21, 2016, 07:53 AM
Quote from: Im_NoT_Alex on Sep 21, 2016, 07:28 AMAnd Also, Who takes Charge of Creative? because I'm noticing that It is getting less attention and Tbh Creative is Very fun So yeah
Sadly it's also sort of abandoned by players as well. So if there are players to justify us working on it we will. Currently we're working on what we mentioned.
I can agree completely that creative is abandoned, but it's abandoned because there isn't enough to do there. You go play survival think "I want to test/build something" and go on there as an easy place to build, then leave and not come back until that thought happens again. I know it's a bit of a wasted space and all, but if there was just something, anything extra you can do there that'd make it so much more enjoyable.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Towelie

Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Sep 21, 2016, 08:23 AM
I can agree completely that creative is abandoned, but it's abandoned because there isn't enough to do there. You go play survival think "I want to test/build something" and go on there as an easy place to build, then leave and not come back until that thought happens again. I know it's a bit of a wasted space and all, but if there was just something, anything extra you can do there that'd make it so much more enjoyable.
Such as?

Kiannaa

Thanks for the update to towelie! :P

tman6698

Thanks for keeping us updated!

blakus87

Thanks for keeping the good times rolling!

Zesty

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 21, 2016, 08:24 AM
Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Sep 21, 2016, 08:23 AM
Such as?
That's the thing, there is nothing you can add. Unlike every other server were you can do stuff to make it more exciting, no matter what you do creative will always be that boring class everyone has. I forgot to say good job on everything else though, and don't think I'm just complaining about creative, it's up there on my top 3 mc servers.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Doctor_Thanos

Thank you for the update Towelie! :D

Thank you everyone who is working on stuff to make our server better!  :heart:

TheStarNomad✯

Creative:
A few things have been changed and I'm constantly looking for suggestions to make the server a nicer place!

Also Tow, thanks for the update, really dont want SFT to die

Long time StarNomad

Britney1177

Thanks for the update Tow!

That's America's Ass
Survival Elder

Towelie

Quote from: Stormξηder ღ on Sep 21, 2016, 11:38 AMCreative:
A few things have been changed and I'm constantly looking for suggestions to make the server a nicer place!

Also Tow, thanks for the update, really dont want SFT to die
Neither do I..
And let's not forget to thank everyone who is maintaining servers for SFT as well with the dpa being the exception as he is probably the hardest worker on SFT.

iLaxrv10

Thanks for the update! @Towelie I can help with PE too, let me know if u need extra assistance :)
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

blalp

Quote from: Towelie on Sep 21, 2016, 04:23 AM- As you know, [attach]@saywhat2365[/attach] recently updated Lost with new mods and plugins. Obviously, this won't happen a lot seing as Lost is a small server but I hope this satisfied your needs on Lost
I think we got most of the bugs (at least the ones we know about). And keep working on misc. stuff.
Have a fantastic day!

smallfry5545

Thanks for keeping us updated! :D

Mrs_Ender88

@Towelie  The LiF server is running just fine beside needed a restart here and there. The votes have sadly dropped due to the new game Life is Feudal (Life is Feudal: Forest Village) that just came out. We do still have a small player base that love the server. All in all the server is running smoothly.
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

xLaZer11

Nice!! New plugins for pe!

Ender_Wigginz

Thanks for the Update Tow :) Keep on keepin on bruh