Apr 28, 2024, 01:01 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Technology] No-headphone-jack trend continues with rumored HTC Bolt

Started by lioneatszebra, Sep 21, 2016, 07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lioneatszebra

No-headphone-jack trend continues with rumored HTC Bolt
from CNET

Hold on to your headphones, ladies and gents. An early rendering of what is said to be the upcoming HTC Bolt depicts another phone that loses its dedicated headphone jack.

The render posted to Twitter from Evan Blass, a frequent tipster known for leaking early information on consumer tech.

After HTC's revenue took a big hit this year, the company is hoping to get back up to speed. Perhaps more phone releases and the Samsung recall controversy is exactly what the company needs to slow its decline. HTC has just unveiled its HTC Desire 10 Pro, and a video of a rumored HTC Ocean recently surfaced on the internet.

The alleged image shows a silver device that looks very similar to the HTC 10. On the front of the handset we can see a camera and home button. On the back we see a camera, flash, and HTC logo.

What we don't see, however, is a headphone jack. Even though we don't have a clear view of the top or the bottom of the phone, it looks like there is some sort of USB charging-port at the bottom, while evidence of a headphone jack is nowhere to be found. Blass' Twitter followers, as well as Android Authority, were quick to point out the missing headphone jack. One such tweet was later retweeted by Blass himself.

Motorola's Moto Z and Apple's just-released iPhone 7 have both quit the headphone jack this year. While the trend is still new, a move to dongles, USB-C headphones and wireless hearphones might easily make this design the new normal.

HTC hasn't officially announced the Bolt, so for now, this is still no more than a rumor. HTC did not respond to CNET's request for comment.
brb, living offline

blakus87

Just got the iPhone 7 plus. No headphone jack means no charging and watching while laying in bed. This means I hate it. Not a big fan. But I am still getting used to it so we will see.

lioneatszebra

Quote from: blakus87 on Sep 21, 2016, 09:26 PMJust got the iPhone 7 plus. No headphone jack means no charging and watching while laying in bed. This means I hate it. Not a big fan. But I am still getting used to it so we will see.

Did you get the wireless ear pods they were offering?
brb, living offline

blakus87

Quote from: djkirsh on Sep 22, 2016, 12:12 AM
Quote from: blakus87 on Sep 21, 2016, 09:26 PMJust got the iPhone 7 plus. No headphone jack means no charging and watching while laying in bed. This means I hate it. Not a big fan. But I am still getting used to it so we will see.

Did you get the wireless ear pods they were offering?

They aren't available until next month last I read. I would definitely loose them.

Towelie

I'm tempted too but:

#1 I'm broke
#2 I'd wait until 7s

Which one did you get ? (color)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Aymaneto

Thinking about this now, it's not a bad idea. The iPhone 7 comes with an adapter so you can connect your normal headphones in, planning on getting the Matt black as the jet black tend to catch scratches/smudges easily

blalp

Have a fantastic day!

camster65

My I phone 7 arrives next week got in in grey just like most iPhones I've had, until the wireless headphones come out il use my wireless beats while charging

blakus87

I just got the black one, the jet black was too shiny and I have a case on it anyway. I'm a simple person. A splitter would be nice but that would also be just one more thing for me to lose.