Apr 27, 2024, 06:34 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Survival] The mission

Started by Towelie, Oct 07, 2016, 05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Oct 07, 2016, 05:03 PM Last Edit: Oct 07, 2016, 06:18 PM by Dpa1991
My mission is to achieve a lower guest bounce rate (aka more guests stick around on survival)
My way of achieving that is:

- Re-doing the 20 something page help book into a small 3 page book which contains the essentials (get the core facts to them without boring them). The big book will be available as an optional read in /gui once we implement this
- Reduce first time offender punishments for non-griefing guests
- Reward guests for staying on the server (Dpa has an idea on how to do that, I am running it past the Manager+ team atm). Basically give them some empbucks for playing a certan amount of hours.
- Reduce Member rank requirements if guests have a forum account

I need feedback on these actions that we are currently debating on, and possibly more actions you think we should take.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

SubatomicSheep

:) I think the rewards is a great idea! What about players from other Sft servers? Can we do something for them? Personally I donated so I didn't have to be guest but I had 500 hours on pixelmon when I joined survival. Would we be able to give them not a guest rank but not member either something different?

NutellaToastx

Oct 07, 2016, 05:09 PM #2 Last Edit: Oct 07, 2016, 05:16 PM by NutellaToastx
loving the idea of this :3

tbh i think in-game challenges would be a pretty cool thing to implement, like skyblock challenges, but for survival :0

edit: sometimes you run out of things to do on survival lmao

HD

I love those ideas, but just how much hours will it be reduced from getting member if guests have a forums account?

Fractalion

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 07, 2016, 05:03 PM- Reduce Member rank requirements if guests have a forum account

This. This, this, this.

I'd love to see more players on the forum, and I feel like forum activity really dropped off when we first removed the forum account requirement for becoming a member.

Hopefully this will make players feel more involved, and thus less likely to leave.

Cireshie

Quote from: Towelie on Oct 07, 2016, 05:03 PM- Re-doing the 20 something page help book into a small 3 page book which contains the essentials (get the core facts to them without boring them). The big book will be available as an optional read in /gui once we implement this
Sure, you can do this, but this shouldn't be a priority. Minecraft is a game for kids and the amount that will spend reading a book over playing is very slim.

tree43

I think it would be well worth a try for maybe a month and depending on how it went, we would either keep it or revert back.

blakus87

Quote from: SubatomicSheep on Oct 07, 2016, 05:07 PM:) I think the rewards is a great idea! What about players from other Sft servers? Can we do something for them? Personally I donated so I didn't have to be guest but I had 500 hours on pixelmon when I joined survival. Would we be able to give them not a guest rank but not member either something different?

I totally agree with getting some sort of rank for being apart of the other servers. Even if it is member. They are in fact a member of the SFT community already after all.

ASquattingDog

I am a professional guest on survival and I approve of this message

iLaxrv10

Honestly these all sound awesome, but maybe make it so in order for the shortened Member time to work you need to make the forum account match your IGN, this way other people can't make it seem like its theirs?
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

blalp

The uptime requirement modification is now in place on Lost as well, along with a post asking for player input on how to get new players attention.
Have a fantastic day!

Towelie

Quote from: iLaxrv10 on Oct 08, 2016, 04:04 AMHonestly these all sound awesome, but maybe make it so in order for the shortened Member time to work you need to make the forum account match your IGN, this way other people can't make it seem like its theirs?
That can be checked by asking them to /website link their ign to their forum account
As for reducing member uptime, I was thinking half.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Mrs_Ender88

I  think we should at least try it. Maybe make 10-12 hours to get member. Also maybe change the guest color to something that stands out more.
Life is what you make it, so make it great.
Love with all your heart.
❤Mrs_Ender❤ - Today at 2:25 PM >8ball should I be binned?
HovenBOT - Today at 2:25 PM As I see it, yes

Zesty

Quote from: Mrs_Ender88 on Oct 08, 2016, 10:32 AMI  think we should at least try it. Maybe make 10-12 hours to get member. Also maybe change the guest color to something that stands out more.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

NutellaToastx

Quote from: Fractalion on Oct 07, 2016, 07:13 PMI'd love to see more players on the forum

i definitely think making a forum account would be a good requirement for becoming member c:

Zesty

Well actually thinking about it, some people may want to rank up and just play the game without being forced to go to the servers own personal page. It's kinda like adds, some people would be grateful, but those who just come and see they can't get all these ranks without actually becoming a forum active member, will probably just leave and find a better place.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.