News:

Have a Super Fun Time!

Simple and General Tips

Started by Tyler7733, Oct 19, 2016, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler7733

Oct 19, 2016, 08:33 PM Last Edit: Oct 19, 2016, 10:22 PM by blalp
Here is a short list of tips that could be very useful in certain conditions:
1. Waypoint your island; this can help you get the coordinates of your island if you lose ownership of it.

2. Use your utility items; most people I have seen on the server don't use their utility items at all. Often amazing items like the ring of aesir, whirlwind sigil, talisman of remedium, and dark steel armor get shut out completely by what is visible and over powered at the time in the server

3. Consider all mods when you need something to do; mods, especially ones like botania, are ones that people see no use in, mostly because the best armor is diamond equivilent, the sword is diamond equivilent, and the bow is worse than a vanilla bow with infinity. The pros to mods like this most of the time come in the form of utilities which, as mentioned above, can be very useful.

4. Never under estimate the power of magic; recently the use of magic on the server has gone right out the window (excluding witchery). Even though draconic evoltion has taken over the area of pvp almost entirely, some people have not realized that there are very useful parts of thaumcraft that almost no matter what will have use. For example, you can use a focus of warding to turn any room into a wither cage, or a primal focus to activate a dragon heart.

5. In the case that you get bored, explosions can often help; since the key of the king's law was banned a while ago, the first mod to look to could be blood magic. Simply place down a spell table next to your alter, place tnt in your blood alter, put a creeper or wither skeleton head on the spell table, right click your spell table with an unbound spell orb, then you have a new item to use. WARNING, do not right click your blood alter or other valued areas with the spell orb once you have right clicked the spell table. If you do, you may get discouraged from continuing(if you are curious what would happen, here is a hint... ---> :tnt: )

In the case that this topic doesn't get locked, everyone else, feel free to add a post with more tips for others to read.
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!

ZachAttack1170

Those are some sick tips. I can't think of anything else at the moment, except for if you get bored and are OP kill a chaos guardian.

Rose2247

I'd like to add that if you want to get into magical crops I recommend a mod farm to get minicio really fast.
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Relevant_Chaos

I would like to add one thing. We do have forge blocks, so if you get bored or you are waiting, make your is look cooler. I mean I have got some building experience so that helps but the micro locks mod we have make things so much better. You can add small detailing to builds and paths to make them look so much better

Modded Manager. Long time SFT Doner and Builder Of Many Things
Also a meme lord
Also Gay AF

Rose2247

Quote from: MLGtacs_AlphaFire on Oct 27, 2016, 06:39 PMI would like to add one thing. We do have forge blocks, so if you get bored or you are waiting, make your is look cooler. I mean I have got some building experience so that helps but the micro locks mod we have make things so much better. You can add small detailing to builds and paths to make them look so much better

In addition to this you can use ender IO to paint cable facades to look like whatever block you want. It can really help speed things up when building
To Hyrule Field, I g-Oh wait...Is that a lynel? NO THANKS!

Tyler7733

One tip to add on, if you are considering restarting your island, I would suggest only going through with the idea if you want to start again, but with someone else that was not on your previous island, or if you are lagging a ton on your island. If you only want to restart your island because your current island looks bad, that is the point when I would suggest that you redo your me system to how you want it, then take a draconic staff of power to your island and build it back up the way you want it. If anyone wants to do this, but is missing some building materials, let me know and I may be able to provide some materials(trust me, I have tons of stone, tons of wood, and the ability to make thousands of stacks of red and yellow dye).
You must accept the fundamental truth of reality, Lost = Life!!