[Pixelmon] Building world reset information

Started by Dpa1991, Oct 09, 2016, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dpa1991

So it's finally getting to be that time, I wanted to post here to inform everyone of some changes that'll happen when I do the reset.

Current setup:

/w1 - world1 - This is the spawn in world (Click)
/w2 - gamingworld - This is the gaming world (No picture necessary)
/w3 - buildingworld (Click)

New setup: (hopefully)

/w1 - World1 - This will be the new world, all new players will spawn here for the first time (Click)
/w2 - World2 - This will be the old World1, moved to /World2 (Click)
/w3 - Gaming - This is the gaming world (No picture necessary)
/w3old - This will be the old building world. After the reset, this world will remain up for 2 weeks to allow players additional time to re-locate their items/builds (Click)

Would this confuse people too much?

stormshooter

Could broadcasts be set up ingame after the event for /w3old

TheStarNomad✯

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Oct 09, 2016, 08:42 PM/w2 - World2 - This will be the old World1, moved to /World2
I have a feeling a lot of people will ask about this, might be less confusing to make the new world /w2 and keep the old world 1 in /w1

Long time StarNomad

Dpa1991

Quote from: Stormξηder ღ on Oct 09, 2016, 09:14 PM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Oct 09, 2016, 08:42 PM/w2 - World2 - This will be the old World1, moved to /World2
I have a feeling a lot of people will ask about this, might be less confusing to make the new world /w2 and keep the old world 1 in /w1

Thing about that is wondertrade will not work unless you are in the root world (AKA the world named world1) I could in theory just make the commands say w2 or w1 but the actual world be something else, but that just makes it 10000x more confusing. Suddenly /w1 leads to world2 or /w2 leads to world1

I could leave holograms for players and as Tera said, broadcasts.

ASquattingDog

Any exact date for the two week warning? Everybody has been waiting for this day. Thanks DPA!

Zesty

Question, will the new /w2 (the current /w1) still have pokemon spawning in it? I know a lot of people have places like ditto spawners, and just spawners for players in general that would just be useless land if it's disabled.
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Dpa1991

Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Oct 10, 2016, 10:07 AMQuestion, will the new /w2 (the current /w1) still have pokemon spawning in it? I know a lot of people have places like ditto spawners, and just spawners for players in general that would just be useless land if it's disabled.

Pokemon will only spawn in the new world. The lag would be too bad to have it in two worlds

iLaxrv10

Sounds like an awesome plan, especially loving the south park reference xD
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

Zesty

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Oct 10, 2016, 03:47 PM
Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Oct 10, 2016, 10:07 AMQuestion, will the new /w2 (the current /w1) still have pokemon spawning in it? I know a lot of people have places like ditto spawners, and just spawners for players in general that would just be useless land if it's disabled.

Pokemon will only spawn in the new world. The lag would be too bad to have it in two worlds

Alright! Well, will we be able to rebuild some of the things players have already done, such as flattening biomes to help rare pokemon spawning, such as dittos?

Forgot to say, thanks for all the hard work!
Greed may not be good, but it's not bad, either. You humans think it's for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have.
Survival is the only way. Live on and learn more.
Even when our eyes are closes, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

BritanniaRules

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Oct 09, 2016, 08:42 PMSo it's finally getting to be that time, I wanted to post here to inform everyone of some changes that'll happen when I do the reset.

Current setup:

/w1 - World1 - This will be the new world, all new players will spawn here for the first time (Click)
/w3old - This will be the old building world. After the reset, this world will remain up for 2 weeks to allow players additional time to re-locate their items/builds (Click)

Finally... I only suggested this 2 years ago :)

Dpa1991

Quote from: BritanniaRules on Oct 11, 2016, 05:55 AM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Oct 09, 2016, 08:42 PMSo it's finally getting to be that time, I wanted to post here to inform everyone of some changes that'll happen when I do the reset.

Current setup:

Finally... I only suggested this 2 years ago :)

What exactly did you suggest? If its the world naming, that's nothing new. We recently switched to the current naming because.... idk Towelie did it and I hate it to be honest. I just never bothered changing it back because renaming worlds is a complicated thing to do on forge, rename it wrong and suddenly every block/item in the map changes to a random block.

Smileyface2288

Aw man the Spawn Area is so pretty Good work DPA ;)

SnipeMasterShark

Quote from: QuadKaiden|Yuggy on Oct 10, 2016, 09:22 PM
Quote from: Dpa1991 on Oct 10, 2016, 03:47 PM

Alright! Well, will we be able to rebuild some of the things players have already done, such as flattening biomes to help rare pokemon spawning, such as dittos?

Forgot to say, thanks for all the hard work!

That's what zubats are for. Manual labor

KittyKatsAmazing

Is world one going to be reset or just moved?
"I don't think people understand how stressful it is to explain whats going on in your head when you don't even understand it yourself"

George

Guys when we have the reset and what server is it?

I don't want it to be survival
Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

Tombo_

Quote from: George_Filos on Oct 14, 2016, 04:53 PMGuys when we have the reset and what server is it?

I don't want it to be survival

This is about the pixelmon server @George_Filos

xKyle

Sounds good, but does this mean w1 (to be w2) will be reset eventually?