Apr 04, 2020, 09:01 pm

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Sensitive Topic] Thank you, SFT

Started by Graceq, Mar 26, 2020, 05:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Graceq

Mar 26, 2020, 05:35 am Last Edit: Mar 26, 2020, 08:28 am by xJimJam
Since it's been close to a year since I left SFT, I thought I would explain what happened. In 2013, I started playing Minecraft to get away from what happened in my life. Minecraft was a way to escape the abusive and toxic life that I lived everyday as a little girl who didn't understand why she was being abused. I discovered SFT one day in 2016, and I instantly fell in love with the server and it's players. It gave me something to wake up to and be excited for everyday, and keep me going, since I was diagnosed with chronic depression. Getting to talk to the players on this server made my days worth living for, and I genuinely thank everyone who I encountered on SFT for doing just that. In December 2018, my abuser was kicked out of my house, but my depression worsened. I was diagnosed with cancer, and felt life just wasn't meant for me. But little did I know how wrong I was. In mid 2019 i had become happier than I ever have been. I started to realize, that I no longer needed Minecraft as a safe place. Because I was safe. My love for the game slowly faded, and I felt like I was spending too much time on a virtual world rather than spending time in the real world with the people who love me. To some, SFT might be some random Minecraft server, but to me it is so much more. Thank you to SFT and everyone who made this server my happy place for 3 years.

Towelie

I am happy to have been able to provide you with even a moment of comfort.
And while you are right, that you shouldn't spend all your life in a virtual place, do drop by once in a while and say hi, we love it when people do that :D

I wish you the best! <3

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

sommergirl41

SashaLarie

Chill2000

It's great to hear you're doing well and that the community has helped you! I hope you continue to thrive and don't forget to stop by and say hi :heart:
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 amThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.