Jan 24, 2021, 08:47 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Two exploits found

Started by sillyhdb, Dec 10, 2020, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyhdb

Just unintentionally found 2 exploits in the Minecraft survival server.
1: Placing lava inside of downwards flowing water will cause the block that you right clicked to disappear. This was done on a dirt block but could likely be done on others.
2: Placing lava on top of grass (not the block but the plant) will cause the lava to visibly appear, but be static and do no damage.
Both of these were done with the Optifine and Vivecraft mods

TeraStorm

Do the blocks permanently disappear with the first bug, and does the lava stay there if you relog in the second one?

SashaLarie

To me it seems like these might just be visual/client side issues.

Towelie

Quote from: SashaLarie on Dec 11, 2020, 08:08 AMTo me it seems like these might just be visual/client side issues.
If they are, that's ok. But can we make sure they are not more? I'll get Managers+ to look into this

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

Kakota

Dec 13, 2020, 01:35 PM #4 Last Edit: Dec 13, 2020, 01:39 PM by Kakota
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 13, 2020, 01:16 PM
Quote from: SashaLarie on Dec 11, 2020, 08:08 AMTo me it seems like these might just be visual/client side issues.
If they are, that's ok. But can we make sure they are not more? I'll get Managers+ to look into this

I tested both, #1 didn't make the block above it go poof(tried both diamond block and dirt). Placed water first down as it flowed down inside my cobblestone pillar then placed lava where I put the water. Just changed water to lava.

#2 the grass plant(not block) burnt away and I also took damage from the lava. I put the lava ontop of the grass plant.

It seems it is client side issues like Sasha said :)

Chill2000

Since this was confirmed as a visual glitch ill close this post.
Thanks for reporting Silly, if you spot anything else don't hesitate to let us know :)
Quote from: xavidram on Dec 22, 2013, 09:37 AMThe internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.