Mar 01, 2021, 12:40 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

[Survival] Should we add custom image maps to the donator shop?

Started by Wppvater, Nov 26, 2020, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we add custom image maps to the donator shop?

Yes
19 (95%)
No
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: Dec 03, 2020, 09:15 AM

Wppvater

Hello!

We've had a suggestion about adding custom image maps to the donator shop. We'd be able to make very high detail images into maps that you can place. An example:

Any thoughts are welcome :)

George

Hey! Sorry but you don't have permission to view that!

Dogggeh

disclaimer: the images will not be that large

MasterX70

Will these affect player made map art at all? :thonk:

A_Groggett

A_Groggett

xJimJam

Quote from: MasterX70 on Nov 26, 2020, 10:54 AMWill these affect player made map art at all? :thonk:

Well I don't think it'll hurt their current made maps. But it will make them lose business which is fine since they can just sell the paintings they get from /buy for emp. It'll also keep players from building huge eyesores of maps and free up perfectly good land for new players.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

omelet

Yes, as long as they aren't bugged whenever a world is reset.
/𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖕 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖔

MasterX70

Quote from: xJimJam on Nov 27, 2020, 05:42 PMWell I don't think it'll hurt their current made maps. But it will make them lose business which is fine since they can just sell the paintings they get from /buy for emp. It'll also keep players from building huge eyesores of maps and free up perfectly good land for new players.

Long as they don't break player made ones, huzzah! ;D

Wppvater

Quote from: xJimJam on Nov 27, 2020, 05:42 PMIt'll also keep players from building huge eyesores of maps and free up perfectly good land for new players.

This is one of the reasons I'd like this.

xJimJam

Quote from: omelet on Nov 27, 2020, 07:28 PMYes, as long as they aren't bugged whenever a world is reset.

I don't believe this is a controlled factor tbh. They'll probably still break when there's a huge update. I'm sure you'll get compensated with the ones you get from /buy with a hologram or some type of perm (depending on how much the paintings will go for on /buy) since Minecraft is always changing. Heck we no longer have the colorful glow we had and loved.

:redflower: :redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower::redflower:

:heart:You MUST learn to help yourself. Thats how you become stronger. :heart:

omelet

So was this approved? Can't wait to buy some of these.
/𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖕 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖔

Wppvater

Quote from: omelet on Nov 30, 2020, 02:44 PMSo was this approved? Can't wait to buy some of these.

I set it to a week when I made it, so it closes in around 12h.