Jun 20, 2024, 05:11 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!


Suggest new servers for us to host!

Started by BluetigerESW, Mar 11, 2021, 03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

QT_runa

team fortress server?? or left for dead server??

BluetigerESW

Quote from: QT_runa on Mar 12, 2021, 05:21 AMteam fortress server?? or left for dead server??
If they've still got a playerbase yeah that's possible, TF2 is free and everyone has L4D.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

Trojan

Some ideas:

Starbound-Starbound is a lot like Terraria but it is more sci-fi and based on different planets. It supports multiplayer on hosted and dedicated machines. The biggest issue, though, is I don't.know how many players it has.

CSGO-I did like this idea as CSGO is popular and free but constantly needs a lot of people.

Rust-Interesting idea, not going to lie. Similarly you could do ARK or The Forest although Rust would probably be the most popular. Might find attraction from those who like MC survival. It should be noted though these servers could have a good chance of bringing in new players as they are popular server options (or at least ARK is).

There are zombie games like DayZ you could host.

Games like Arma and Insurgency, good war/cs/fps games allow you to host servers I believe. However I still don't know how many players you would get. Likewise for a game like Killing Floor. Players would likely be new players, as with most of these options. Also, it sounds like with Call of Duty Warzone, which offers Battle Royale, can now be hosted on private machines. Activision was apparently thinking kf integrating this with Cold War, which offers modern prop hunt, but I don't know anything about this.

Hosting a Garry's Mod server is always a good catch I would think because people love TTT and prop hunt at the least and HL2 is an old and lightweight game.

Edit: saw TF2 and L4D. Forgot about them. Probably lighter since they are 2007/2008 and I like the games but idk about player base, at least TF2 has dipped the last few years.

I would say survival games have good potential, COD or Arma/Insurgency might be possible and do well, Terraria or Starbound are solid ideas if there are enough people looking to play, and GMod is always fairly solid but I would make sure you could compete with the networks that exist.
Survival Specialist | Discord Admin
"If you can't fix something, you probably aren't trying hard enough."

one227


badbrad01

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 12, 2021, 04:53 AM
Quote from: badbrad01 on Mar 12, 2021, 12:08 AM
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 11, 2021, 11:41 PM
Quote from: badbrad01 on Mar 11, 2021, 11:22 PMRight my POV from helping set up sft steam games,  every time we do a not a minecraft server it quickly dies because all the good games that are popular people can't run because they are high specs that's why TTT did well because it doesn't require tons of graphics so unless you can find a game with low specs so people can run it it won't be popular , my game suggestion is deadside it's really fun open world zombies survival can build bases ect and have servers to host for cheap and isn't that much of a high spec game
Will look into that!  Also high spec is not an issue so long as we keep in mind we'd need to advertise to a new audience rather than just SFT's current player base (which is something I think we should do anyways tbh)

We have done before advertised to other people apart from sft and it worked brilliantly on TTT and also arma 2 dayz but then it died as people started moaning they can't run it or died and can't get there stuff back as helping with both of theses projects it would need a different approach on a game where you don't loose your stuff to stop the drama but most good games that have servers ain't like that so need a more mature audience if you want go down the dayz - online survival games
The pattern there is that those servers happened years ago, it's been a long time since we've made a decent attempt at a non-mc server.

There is a pattern yes and ages since hosted but still you can't just pick a game that's a free to play game like all the free to play games suck bad and won't keep a player base a game that you pay for and has high hopes and good intrest will keep growing a player base , dayZ arma2 , Arma 3 life , Arma3 Dayz, all have high player bases still but yet again there will be drama because if people die they will cry and moan, I've seen TF2 being suggested it's always alive for a week and then dead because the game ain't relevant anymore it's fun yeah but not enough to keep players playing , left 4 dead is a playerside hosted server only can't make a server for anyone to join,
Made By Miricx

Trojan

Mar 12, 2021, 08:44 PM #30 Last Edit: Mar 12, 2021, 08:54 PM by TrojanKitty
Quote from: TrojanKitty on Mar 12, 2021, 06:10 AMSome ideas:

Starbound-Starbound is a lot like Terraria but it is more sci-fi and based on different planets. It supports multiplayer on hosted and dedicated machines. The biggest issue, though, is I don't.know how many players it has.

CSGO-I did like this idea as CSGO is popular and free but constantly needs a lot of people.

Rust-Interesting idea, not going to lie. Similarly you could do ARK or The Forest although Rust would probably be the most popular. Might find attraction from those who like MC survival. It should be noted though these servers could have a good chance of bringing in new players as they are popular server options (or at least ARK is).

There are zombie games like DayZ you could host.

Games like Arma and Insurgency, good war/cs/fps games allow you to host servers I believe. However I still don't know how many players you would get. Likewise for a game like Killing Floor. Players would likely be new players, as with most of these options. Also, it sounds like with Call of Duty Warzone, which offers Battle Royale, can now be hosted on private machines. Activision was apparently thinking kf integrating this with Cold War, which offers modern prop hunt, but I don't know anything about this.

Hosting a Garry's Mod server is always a good catch I would think because people love TTT and prop hunt at the least and HL2 is an old and lightweight game.

Edit: saw TF2 and L4D. Forgot about them. Probably lighter since they are 2007/2008 and I like the games but idk about player base, at least TF2 has dipped the last few years.

I would say survival games have good potential, COD or Arma/Insurgency might be possible and do well, Terraria or Starbound are solid ideas if there are enough people looking to play, and GMod is always fairly solid but I would make sure you could compete with the networks that exist.


Also a good game I forgot to mention is you could host a GTA V Online server, since GTA is a popular game and is generally fun and has a long play-cycle if you are interested in it.

I know you weren't looking for MC servers, though one I have been thinking about is a "hardcore" or "challenge" server that has no emp shop, warp points (instead, fixed warps every 200 or 300 blocks), population scarcity plugin (no spawners, and mobs are spread about but there are a few of each where the player spawns), burning out torches, no steve co items (for ridiculous sharpness boosts), no mcMMO (for buffing), no slimefun (for op items), and no food eating boosts (the newer ones that will quickly regen health at full hunger). There might be other changes, like no fly, but autoshops/empbucks, pyro, and opt-in pvp stays. You can also still go /scavengeworld for anarchic pitfights and such. Protections and anti-griefing stay too, of course. I don't know what you think, but the increased survival-ness and hardcore-ness are nice changes that people might enjoy or want to play on. It isn't the same as MC hardcore in that you don't lose everything after you die, but I think that is a positive since it is really more of a challenge or stress than difficulty. Players who would like a closer to vanilla survival, and one that can't be manipulated (like mob scarcity) or cheated (full hunger) I think has an appeal. Imo you could do something like ine w2-sized mao and survival's sw.
Survival Specialist | Discord Admin
"If you can't fix something, you probably aren't trying hard enough."

Palker

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 12, 2021, 04:56 AM
Quote from: Palker on Mar 11, 2021, 09:24 PMI'd personally play on a CSGO or Prison server if we had one. Prisons is actually quite fun and I honestly think it would be a good addition. (I know we weren't supposed to add any more MC servers, but it seemed like a lot of other players also enjoy prisons including myself.) :)
For a CS server what exactly did you have in mind?  And prison will most likely return at some point this year, it just takes time to update/change everything. :)
I think either regular "competetive" 5v5 or a retake server would be the options.

GRIMI_

Quote from: Palker on Mar 12, 2021, 10:55 PMretake server
I suggested this some time ago i think it fell dead

NotChocobo654321

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 12, 2021, 05:26 AM
Quote from: QT_runa on Mar 12, 2021, 05:21 AMteam fortress server?? or left for dead server??
If they've still got a playerbase yeah that's possible, TF2 is free and everyone has L4D.

From what I know on the tf2 side, even though there is an overwhelming bot crises going on people are still playing tf2 regardless (Also I believe tow tried setting up a server for tf2 yet idk what happened with it)

Minecraftmeme11

Mar 14, 2021, 06:51 AM #34 Last Edit: Mar 14, 2021, 06:55 AM by Minecraftmeme11
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 11, 2021, 11:06 PM
Quote from: Minecraftmeme11 on Mar 11, 2021, 04:20 PMSomething that shot to the top of my mind: CSGO, also known as Counter Strike, Global Offensive.
Quite well known game where you can host your own servers.
What kind of server do you mean and are cs servers popular still?

From what I have seen/heard, CSGO seems just as popular. What I think happens with the non-minecraft servers is that they don't seem to get the acceptance from the players as much. However, I think CSGO is a more versatile game, and has a big popular name, like Minecraft. I believe many will be interested, like Palker, and that it could succeed.

Edit: Other people have also suggested interested in this!
Survival JMod and Eventhost: 4th Jan 2021 - 3rd April 2021
Survival JMod again: 6th Jan 2022-present

badbrad01

Quote from: Minecraftmeme11 on Mar 14, 2021, 06:51 AM
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 11, 2021, 11:06 PM
Quote from: Minecraftmeme11 on Mar 11, 2021, 04:20 PMSomething that shot to the top of my mind: CSGO, also known as Counter Strike, Global Offensive.
Quite well known game where you can host your own servers.
What kind of server do you mean and are cs servers popular still?

From what I have seen/heard, CSGO seems just as popular. What I think happens with the non-minecraft servers is that they don't seem to get the acceptance from the players as much. However, I think CSGO is a more versatile game, and has a big popular name, like Minecraft. I believe many will be interested, like Palker, and that it could succeed.

Edit: Other people have also suggested interested in this!

Thing is people get bored quickly on cs:go and just leave it wouldnt last 2 weeks
Made By Miricx

Trojan

Quote from: NotChocobo654321 on Mar 13, 2021, 02:03 PM
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 12, 2021, 05:26 AM
Quote from: QT_runa on Mar 12, 2021, 05:21 AMteam fortress server?? or left for dead server??
If they've still got a playerbase yeah that's possible, TF2 is free and everyone has L4D.

From what I know on the tf2 side, even though there is an overwhelming bot crises going on people are still playing tf2 regardless (Also I believe tow tried setting up a server for tf2 yet idk what happened with it)

It was turned off

Quote from: badbrad01 on Mar 14, 2021, 08:13 PM
Quote from: Minecraftmeme11 on Mar 14, 2021, 06:51 AM
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 11, 2021, 11:06 PM
Quote from: Minecraftmeme11 on Mar 11, 2021, 04:20 PMSomething that shot to the top of my mind: CSGO, also known as Counter Strike, Global Offensive.
Quite well known game where you can host your own servers.
What kind of server do you mean and are cs servers popular still?

From what I have seen/heard, CSGO seems just as popular. What I think happens with the non-minecraft servers is that they don't seem to get the acceptance from the players as much. However, I think CSGO is a more versatile game, and has a big popular name, like Minecraft. I believe many will be interested, like Palker, and that it could succeed.

Edit: Other people have also suggested interested in this!

Thing is people get bored quickly on cs:go and just leave it wouldnt last 2 weeks

CSGO is popular but unless you like the game it would probably get boring-unless you had a lot of new players entering it.
Survival Specialist | Discord Admin
"If you can't fix something, you probably aren't trying hard enough."

badbrad01

Quote from: TrojanKitty on Mar 15, 2021, 11:13 PM
Quote from: NotChocobo654321 on Mar 13, 2021, 02:03 PM
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 12, 2021, 05:26 AM
Quote from: QT_runa on Mar 12, 2021, 05:21 AMteam fortress server?? or left for dead server??
If they've still got a playerbase yeah that's possible, TF2 is free and everyone has L4D.

From what I know on the tf2 side, even though there is an overwhelming bot crises going on people are still playing tf2 regardless (Also I believe tow tried setting up a server for tf2 yet idk what happened with it)

It was turned off

Quote from: badbrad01 on Mar 14, 2021, 08:13 PM
Quote from: Minecraftmeme11 on Mar 14, 2021, 06:51 AM
Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 11, 2021, 11:06 PM
Quote from: Minecraftmeme11 on Mar 11, 2021, 04:20 PMSomething that shot to the top of my mind: CSGO, also known as Counter Strike, Global Offensive.
Quite well known game where you can host your own servers.
What kind of server do you mean and are cs servers popular still?

From what I have seen/heard, CSGO seems just as popular. What I think happens with the non-minecraft servers is that they don't seem to get the acceptance from the players as much. However, I think CSGO is a more versatile game, and has a big popular name, like Minecraft. I believe many will be interested, like Palker, and that it could succeed.

Edit: Other people have also suggested interested in this!

Thing is people get bored quickly on cs:go and just leave it wouldnt last 2 weeks

CSGO is popular but unless you like the game it would probably get boring-unless you had a lot of new players entering it.

It's a good game don't get me wrong but will turn boring after a few hours and will die in the matter of a week plus can't make money to help run the server from
Made By Miricx

Khema騎士

I would suggest Gary's Mod, Terraria, and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. For a Minecraft server, I would like to see Factions return.

SageAndOnion

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Mar 12, 2021, 04:54 AM
Quote from: TristenC7 on Mar 12, 2021, 04:17 AMHow about a Rust server? Rust js a large game, allows hosted servers, the servers are extremely customizable, and theres tons of things to do.
I have never played the game but I'm willing to consider if someone would be able to help :)

+1 for rust :)