Jun 13, 2021, 03:23 AM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

Let's talk Survival

Started by Towelie, Jun 03, 2021, 08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

I know everyone complains about how survival isn't how it used to be, and so on.
But how about helping me pinpoint what that is. Here's my idea:
- Get feedback from people of what they want back from the old survival (or what they want removed eg if its a new feature/plugin)
- Start a series of polls that will decide what changes. This way, the majority decides and it's fair for everyone.

So yep, tell me what you'd like added/removed/changed that in your opinion ruined survival.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

SavageCoopDoge

1. The plugins that have been added to survival recently have been not only boring in some aspects but are way to easy to complete 100%. I say add some plugins that would be good for grinding and don't get boring fast (if you would like help finding plugins like that, I would be more than happy to)

2. Add more variety to the server in terms of plugins, all the recent ones have been PyroFishing and PyroMining, all you do in those is fish and mine, with only a few extra steps, if you do add more plugins, a wider variety in the plugins that can hone every aspect to survival and make it better (like for people that like to build add a building plugin, and for people that love quests/goals, add a quests/goals plugin)

3. I don't know if this next one is possible, but add some addons for slimefun if they exist, because while slimefun is a plugin that takes long to grind out, for other older players they would have done everything interesting in it already, take D_Doge23 and myself for an example, in 2019 played every day for hours trying to get a maxed out jetpack, along with other things. So for the older players in the server add some addons to older plugins if they exist

Thank you Towlie for making a post for peoples opinions, as for the stuff involving things being removed, I don't think that's necessary, I think we should alter some plugins like I said above rather than getting rid of them completely.

(P.S. I know that my opinions are only about plugins, but plugins are one of the best parts about this server, from the making unique items from slimefun or grinding money from pyrofishing, plugins are one of the things in survival that form the ways people can enjoy minecraft the way SFT does it)

BluetigerESW

Make McMMO have normal xp rates.  McMMO is such a fun plugin, I mean players used to join factions and exclusively do nothing but level McMMO because it feels rewarding to level and see that you're on top.  On Survival however, the xp rates are nerfed into oblivion to the point that I think even the 30x boost you do isn't even close to the normal xp rate, which I think is ridiculous if you consider how horrible the rates would be without the 30x boost. At that point it feels pointless and tedious to level to where I'm sure many, like myself, just gave up trying to level it.  I get that you don't want too fast progression and to counter that we could bring back the old prestige system so people can start over if they want, but in its current state there's no point bothering trying to level.
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

Towelie

Quote from: BluetigerESW on Jun 03, 2021, 08:44 PMMake McMMO have normal xp rates.  McMMO is such a fun plugin, I mean players used to join factions and exclusively do nothing but level McMMO because it feels rewarding to level and see that you're on top.  On Survival however, the xp rates are nerfed into oblivion to the point that I think even the 30x boost you do isn't even close to the normal xp rate, which I think is ridiculous if you consider how horrible the rates would be without the 30x boost. At that point it feels pointless and tedious to level to where I'm sure many, like myself, just gave up trying to level it.  I get that you don't want too fast progression and to counter that we could bring back the old prestige system so people can start over if they want, but in its current state there's no point bothering trying to level.
Boosted the progression by 100% I don't want it to be as fast as default mcmmo which is too fast imo and leads to power balance issues especially with an uncapped max power level

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796