Apr 27, 2024, 12:53 PM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

Survival - World2 Reset in May

Started by Towelie, Apr 04, 2014, 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Apr 04, 2014, 04:19 PM Last Edit: Apr 17, 2014, 02:52 PM by Eternal_Jamie
World2 will be reset in May (approximate date), when Minecraft 1.8 is released.

We have chosen to reset World2 due to a following issues:
- It's very crowded
- Regen won't work any more after 1.8
- We need new land for new and existing players to build and explore.

Don't panic! Everyone gets ONE HOUSE MOVED PER PLAYER, within the following rules:
1. Each person may have one house moved for them by a manager+. Attempting to have more than that moved may lead to your first one being deleted or returned to world 2.
2. No chests, dispensers, hoppers or item frames will be moved. It is your responsibility to empty these before the manager/admin moves your house. You will not be refunded for items lost.
3. We will only move things we consider to be a house. Not a chestroom, spawner, farm etc. It must be of a certain standard (no dirt/cobble shacks).
4. The house can't be too large. We will move an area of maximum size 70,000 blocks per player.
We will not move houses floating on water or in the air, and houses will not be moved to locations like this either.
5.You must have a suitable space in world 1 for your house before approaching a manager+ to move it.

NOTE: If your build doesn't meet these terms, it will NOT be moved. No drama, as that will just be un-necesary and won't solve anything.

Moving will start in 2 weeks (on the 18th of April 2014) and will end two weeks later (on the 4th of May 2014). Missing this interval will ensure that your build is NOT moved. It's not our fault that you don't check out the website/forums.
Use these two weeks to prepare your houses for moving (and make sure they respect the rules above).

NOTE: Asking managers to move your house outside of the specified term will lead to a warning.

We apologize for the reset, but it's something we have to do. However, soon (a few months), we will introduce our Towns world which will be reset far less often (as it will be used only for organized housing and players won't be able to mine/destroy blocks all around the world)

To clarify some things ahead of time:
- Your inventories will not be reset
- Your chests/builds will not be reset if they are in World1 (check by going to your builds and typing /getpos)
- Your money/bank account will not be reset
- Your SFTMMO skills will not be reset
- Your XP level will not be reset
- Your Enderchest contents will not be reset
- Only your builds/chests that are located in World2 will be reset, but you can transfer them to world1 before the reset.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

happypinecones

Woo! We really need a reset in /w2 very crowded

zomcri

Thanks for the two weeks notice! :D

SporkandPlate

Thanks for the reset towelie! The new land in 1.8 will be fun to explore! :D

xwildtigerx

Cesspitsid

:D great, I've got a question, if you have bought spawners and placed them in a protection, can they get destroyed and moved to a different location of choice?
because I'm Hoping to get some spawners into my home and it doesn't meet the requirements, so if w1 gets reset sometime in the future I don't want to lose my spawners.
just to clarify, some people may have protections like these and have bought spawners :\

Post Merge: Apr 04, 2014, 06:12 PM

Quote from: xwildtigerx on Apr 04, 2014, 06:08 PM
ouch :(

a lot of Moving for you, you might want to start work now :P

Eternal_Jamie

Pretty sure we class spawners as a consumable donation item, i.e you won't get it moved/refunded due to a world reset.

xsosolid1kx

Can you post a map of the new world?

stuartman9

Quote from: xsosolid1kx on Apr 04, 2014, 06:27 PM
Can you post a map of the new world?
The map won't be prepared until 1.8 is out to take advantage of the new generation features.

MegaGhostPig

So if people have donated to buy spawners, they will get removed?

MegaGhostPig :pig:

onionboys

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Apr 04, 2014, 06:16 PM
Pretty sure we class spawners as a consumable donation item, i.e you won't get it moved/refunded due to a world reset.
Quote from: MegaGhostPig on Apr 04, 2014, 07:58 PM
So if people have donated to buy spawners, they will get removed?

MegaGhostPig :pig:

BagelsMan

I have a build that not really built on flat land - its built on a slope of a mountain - How would you move that? I cant exactaly find a mountain exactaly like that one  :P but Its a reaalllyy good build - the best build ive made without fly and it brings back many memories  :-\

My question basically being how would u move a build not on a flat terrain to a different terrain?

Eternal_Jamie

Depending on the quality we MAY look at it and decide to move it taking with it some of the terrain and then making that fit into a similar landscape. But that is a personal choice, if it isn't good enough to that person it just wouldn't be moved.

DarkTrainer45

Ahhh So i gotta start moving stuff to world 1 xd

BoniiGean

:heart:  What about pets? Will we loose them? Or can they be moved somehow?     :bone: :fish:

xwildtigerx

a lot of Moving for you, you might want to start work now :P
[/quote]

yep.. too much work :(

LaughingPickle78

Well, there goes my town that I built floating atop the ocean.

So many memories lost... is it at all possible for me to get that portion of the map as a download? I know my chances are slim, but that town has so many memories tied to it.

Pookalton

Will world 1 be getting reset? :P

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Pookalton on Apr 04, 2014, 11:24 PM
Will world 1 be getting reset? :P
No plans right now. It is ONLY WORLD 2 GETTING RESET

Geindora

What about houses with half of the house underground?  My house isn't complex but it's got the majority underground and an entrance, a farm, and one of those castle-like gateways aboveground.

Darren64_NY

Quote from: Geindora on Apr 05, 2014, 02:22 AM
What about houses with half of the house underground?  My house isn't complex but it's got the majority underground and an entrance, a farm, and one of those castle-like gateways aboveground.

I also have a house with part of it underground. Will this be a problem?

Brightpkz

Question, will SFT ever plan on having a new world? We used to have a /w5 or /w4 I believe..

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Happysheep102

I'd like to thank who ever made the decision to allow moving of 1 house/building. I know that all the other resets I have been here for, they have never been allowed to be moved.  ;) Thanks for the notice. Looking forward to the new world and town world!

ColesyM

Quote from: Brightpkz on Apr 05, 2014, 07:13 AM
Question, will SFT ever plan on having a new world? We used to have a /w5 or /w4 I believe..

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 04, 2014, 04:19 PM
However, soon (a few months), we will introduce our Towns world which will be reset far less often (as it will be used only for organized housing and players won't be able to mine/destroy blocks all around the world)

Towelie

few things:
-we will move one spawner per player from w2 but only if you tell the manager when hw moves your house
-wee already have a spawntown prepared bur for the actual world we need to wait forr 1.8 bukkit to be out
-if your build does not respect the rules in the OP we will not move it. id like to remind yo that at past resets we havent moved stuff so this an exception

sorry for typos, tttping on tablet

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Demonyte

I have found a date for the comeback.
The dream is alive

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: Darren64_MC on Apr 05, 2014, 05:56 AM
Quote from: Geindora on Apr 05, 2014, 02:22 AM

I also have a house with part of it underground. Will this be a problem?
Long as it meets other requirements and you find a place where the underground section won't interfere with other builds it's not a problem.

Toxic_Foxtrot69

I absolutely love change! We can never move forward if there isn't change in our worlds. Embrace the change, embrace the world 2 reset. Great things are about to happen!  :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:

pimmerik

I am very disappointed, my Parkour is very big, and I don't know if it's less than 70.000 blocks.
Plus: It's floating on the water.
Are there any exceptions? D:

Towelie

Quote from: pimmerik on Apr 05, 2014, 04:46 PM
I am very disappointed, my Parkour is very big, and I don't know if it's less than 70.000 blocks.
Normally no, but if your parkour is super used, we may.

one227

I have made something huge (its a huge tree).
I don't think it looks terrible and its over 70k blocks.
I spent so long on it and recently haven't been active much due to been ill but that will change again soon.
I am sure you get this a lot but is there any possible way to get my build moved even though its over 70k blocks ?

Thanks

tylerinator

CRAP i have 2 really good houses in world 2

TheMop123

Tyler give one of the houses to someone you trust that doesn't have a house in w2 and get them to move it for you

diamondskis

thegreatpwner

I have something floating in the air but is partly sticking to the ground, will that be moved, or no. I am really creeping out right now!  >:(

Towelie

BagelsMan

You should move pim's parkour - It is probably more than 70000 blocks but its really a work of art, very used, and in my opinion the best parkour course on the server (its quite a challenge)  ;)

//Bagels

xwildtigerx

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 04, 2014, 04:19 PM
However, soon (a few months), we will introduce our Towns world which will be reset far less often (as it will be used only for organized housing and players won't be able to mine/destroy blocks all around the world)

so, i have question, after w2 reset will u make the current w1 become new w2 and add new world as w1 like the last reset, or current w1 will stay as w1, and new w2 is sft town world..?

spi22

Dangit missed moving season i thought i was in w1 all this time  :leather: :leather: :leather: :diamondsword: :diamondsword: :lavabucket: :lavabucket: :bow: :bow: :cookedmeat: :cookedmeat: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :fire: :fire: :fire: :mobspawner: :mobspawner: :mobspawner: :mobspawner: :mobspawner: :-[ :'( :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper: :creeper:

Goldeneye0242

What is the reason that you can't move floating builds or builds on water?
Thanks

onionboys

Quote from: Goldeneye0242 on May 18, 2014, 01:38 PM
What is the reason that you can't move floating builds or builds on water?
Thanks
I think for the water one they will move a ton of water with it

pimmerik

Quote from: Towelie on Apr 05, 2014, 05:01 PM
Quote from: pimmerik on Apr 05, 2014, 04:46 PM
Normally no, but if your parkour is super used, we may.
Depends on what 'super used' is. But when I host any contest usually 15-25 people show up in total (70% of those ragequits in the tutorial), so it depends.
I did work like 6 months on it, but if it isn't I might aswell rename it, and make major improvements.

Towelie

If anyone is wondering why we haven't reset yet (as it's may) - We're waiting for 1.8, we thought it'd be out by now.

TheMop123

Towelie 25th May along with the pocket edition one I think.