Discontinuation of the Lobby System

Started by Towelie, May 06, 2014, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

May 06, 2014, 01:51 PM Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:12 PM by Towelie
For a while now, I have been considering discontinuing the lobby system and returning to a single server solution.
My plan: Remove all the servers that are always empty (parkour, quakecraft, lobby), make survival the only server that you connect to when you type "mc.superfuntime.org" or "play.superfuntime.org" and branch faction as an external server (even though it would still run through the bungee system but players would connect to it by typing its ip that we will add.
This way, we will still be keeping the Bungee system, but it will just be a part running in the background rather than an actual lobby system.

What do you think about this? Ask us any questions and we'll do best to answer.

Reason for this: Survival has been going downhill since we added the lobby server, but the other servers haven't necesarily been more active.

Edit by Towelie: When i wrote this topic i was panicking. We are not removing the lobby just downsizing it and removing any servers that are not popular

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

ACrazyHobo

It was cool, but not used that much sadly

Demonyte

It seems best to discontinue, I can imagine it would confuse new players

wrshpblu

noooo towie pleas don't I love the lobby and parkour  well used to I got baned so I cant do it anymore in fact I did the parkour in 3 minits and 39 seconds that's my record!

Eternal_Jamie

May 06, 2014, 02:19 PM #4 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:26 PM by Eternal_Jamie
We tried that before [having no lobby] and it didn't make players stay more on survival (least from what I saw, don't have the full stats). I think we're better keeping the lobby, refreshing the games and see if that improves upon it. After 1.8 ofc.

wrshpblu

its so sad to see the lobby and pakour go  :'( :'( :'( but if its for the best then ok :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  :'( :'(

Post Merge: May 06, 2014, 02:22 PM

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on May 06, 2014, 02:19 PM
We tried that before and it didn't make players stay more on survival (least from what I saw, don't have the full stats). I think we're better keeping the lobby, refreshing the games and see if that improves upon it.
ok

Karkafi

The point of the lobby was to give the players options to choose from when they're bored. But when there's only survival, factions, a broken colormatch server and a DMT server that has been on stand by for months, there's really no point for such a big one. Maybe a smaller, simpler lobby until we get more/better minigames?

wrshpblu

Quote from: Karkafi on May 06, 2014, 02:23 PM
The point of the lobby was to give the players options to choose from when they're bored. But when there's only survival, factions, a broken colormatch server and a DMT server that has been on stand by for months, there's really no point for such a big one. Maybe a smaller, simpler lobby until we get more/better minigames?
that sownds awesome
!!!

Towelie

Ok so, to clear, I plan on doing it gradually, over time.
First step will be to add tracking to all the servers to see which are still popular and which aren't.
Second, would be to remove the non popular servers
Third, will be to do this again over and over until nothign but survival is popular.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

wrshpblu

that sownds awesome towie thanks I just need to be unban to see it

ACrazyHobo

Quote from: wrshpblu on May 06, 2014, 02:30 PM
that sownds awesome towie thanks I just need to be unban to see it
If you continue to keep talking about your unban, you will gain a forum warning. Please stop spamming posts about it.

wrshpblu

oh sorry my frist sever and only so im new to this stuff sorry

ACrazyHobo

Quote from: wrshpblu on May 06, 2014, 02:33 PM
oh sorry my frist sever and only so im new to this stuff sorry
It is fine. Dday will get to you when he can. thank you  :heart:

wrshpblu

May 06, 2014, 02:35 PM #13 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:40 PM by wrshpblu
YES okay I will stop talking over and out

Post Merge: May 06, 2014, 02:40 PM

Quote from: wrshpblu on May 06, 2014, 02:35 PM
YES okay I will stop talking over and out
mabey not so you guys (and maby girls) are takeing some severs away right because I did not like faction it just was not fun :)   

Cabbage

lobby was used for the first month but after that no one really came back to it so it would be best if it was discontinued

wrshpblu

ok what evers best for the sever I say
:)

TheMop123

Just as i got good at parkour :/
i guess the warps from survival will still exist? (/warp Noobkour ect...)

wrshpblu

Quote from: TheMop123 on May 06, 2014, 02:48 PM
Just as i got good at parkour :/
i guess the warps from survival will still exist? (/warp Noobkour ect...)
same themop123 :'(

Brightpkz

Quote from: wrshpblu on May 06, 2014, 03:00 PM
were?

Nevermind, I thought you didn't see the first reply, my apologies.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

wrshpblu

May 06, 2014, 03:02 PM #20 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:05 PM by wrshpblu
its ok man (or woman) which ever one you are

Post Merge: May 06, 2014, 03:05 PM

bye have to leave for track um I mite be back if dday says something and I didn't repaly pleas don't take that as me not lisoning its just my mom dosent like me on my computer that much (yes I said mom im 12) :)

Brightpkz

Sorry, I'm a little confused, so what will happen to parkour, and all that cool stuff? Because, I recall the minigames to be worked on pretty hard..

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

wrshpblu

there going to get rid of a lot of it to see if it helps with poularty :)

Happysheep102

SkullzCrew

This is good, all the courses on the parkour server are on survival anyway (it is played on sometimes though). Quakecraft I agree, although quite fun it isn't really played. I support the idea personally.

Towelie

Quote from: Brightpkz on May 06, 2014, 03:06 PM
Sorry, I'm a little confused, so what will happen to parkour, and all that cool stuff? Because, I recall the minigames to be worked on pretty hard..
Parkour stays, minigames that are nolonger played get removed. Also the lobby is made to be smaller

AzGotSwag

So, can we still do /lobby? or its removed?

Towelie

Not removed, re-read the original post

Green_Giant

In my opinion the lobby was a little too big, however sometimes when it automatically logs you into survival, and, for example I want to go on factions, it is annoying that I have to do /login every time. I wish it were possible to do /factions or /creative etc. without logging in. Just my suggestion, thanks.

Towelie

Quote from: Green_Giant on May 07, 2014, 03:49 PM
In my opinion the lobby was a little too big, however sometimes when it automatically logs you into survival, and, for example I want to go on factions, it is annoying that I have to do /login every time. I wish it were possible to do /factions or /creative etc. without logging in. Just my suggestion, thanks.
Well basically it remembers your last location and since you have a password protected account on survival, that's why it asks for a password.

wrshpblu

I think if you guys need to you can delete things I mean didn't towie make this sever..but I think that if towie whants to ask other people about it then he cares about are opinion(that's awesome)!! :)