Apr 27, 2024, 05:36 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

DayZ Epoch 1.0.4.2 Server

Started by Towelie, May 06, 2014, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: Jyncs on May 08, 2014, 12:02 PM
Was on last night for a bit of fun.

One thing that I would like to see added (but is more of a personal preference than anything) that I have seen on other servers is that when you spawn, you are dropped in and have to use your parachute to land. I just love that element of it, and it also gave more random spawn points than just the coast. (Again, personal preference because I think it is a bit more fun to drop in like that!)

Sounds interesting. So if rally could add this + clan packages that would be pretty awesome. (clan packages = when there are at least 5 members of the same clan they automatically receive some building supplies - suggested by spen)

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

MosesRN

One thing that I would like to see added (but is more of a personal preference than anything) that I have seen on other servers is that when you spawn, you are dropped in and have to use your parachute to land. I just love that element of it, and it also gave more random spawn points than just the coast. (Again, personal preference because I think it is a bit more fun to drop in like that!)
only bad thing is that players can see you dropping in, giving them an opportunity to hunt you down.

Towelie

Quote from: joshholymoses on May 08, 2014, 12:24 PM

only bad thing is that players can see you dropping in, giving them an opportunity to hunt you down.
was thinking of that too. true :S

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Jyncs

Spawn kills are bad mkay....

On those servers that I have played that have it I have never been killed from dropping in, probably because I wait until the last second to deploy my chute.

Also, it's not like we have 100's of players on, so I don't think that will be too much of a problem at this point.

RallyReaper

I also like the idea, but due to alot of people complaining with fps drop already, if i did that... it would just be a burden cause of more fps lag :S

As for the Clan packages, I've been looking for it but i can't seem to find ANY info for it at all which is strange...

MosesRN

May 08, 2014, 02:00 PM #30 Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:03 PM by joshholymoses
If there is a way to drop the aircraft (especially airplane) spawn rate, it would be greatly appreciated. I have not gone 5 minutes without finding a flyable aircraft of some sort. Biplanes and c130's are ok, but I have found ospreys constantly. As for helicopters, there are tons of MI's littering open fields and such. Little birds, black hawks, and venoms are found much less. If possible, could you just lower the spawn rate somehow?

EDIT: Where the hell do you find ammo for the .50 cal on the HMMWV GPK M2 (heavily armored humvee). It's like 129x99 ammo or something, but haven't found any! You can't buy them at traders either...

RallyReaper

May 08, 2014, 03:31 PM #31 Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:47 PM by rallyreaper
Quote from: joshholymoses on May 08, 2014, 02:00 PM
If there is a way to drop the aircraft (especially airplane) spawn rate, it would be greatly appreciated. I have not gone 5 minutes without finding a flyable aircraft of some sort. Biplanes and c130's are ok, but I have found ospreys constantly. As for helicopters, there are tons of MI's littering open fields and such. Little birds, black hawks, and venoms are found much less. If possible, could you just lower the spawn rate somehow?

EDIT: Where the hell do you find ammo for the .50 cal on the HMMWV GPK M2 (heavily armored humvee). It's like 129x99 ammo or something, but haven't found any! You can't buy them at traders either...

As i've told you via skype, I've looked into the vehicle thing but alas i can find anything.

so as of now, there is nothing i can do for that

Post Merge: May 08, 2014, 05:47 PM

NEW UPDATE!:

Added a few new sft related missions ;)

Working on removing the mk 48 mod 0 from shops, Should only be obtainable from REALLY REALLY rare drops via SFT Missions :D

ExconHD

That is highly complicated to add and isn't really part of Epoch. I t was originally on Overwatch and Origins

RallyReaper

Quote from: ExconHD on May 08, 2014, 07:31 PM

That is highly complicated to add and isn't really part of Epoch. I t was originally on Overwatch and Origins

Actually  technically the scripting for that, was in arma 2 oa by default, cause  it's called the HALO Jump however the load in halo jump was just scripted in to where when the character creates he falls from a height to imitate the halo jump ;)

ExconHD

Kind of stupid to remove the mk48 because 1 person doesnt like it because they cant avoid bullets while flying/driving.

Jyncs

A few things, very minor.

1. The trader for vehicle/tools seems to be missing at Stary traders

2. Last night I got stuck at Stary Traders when a spawned vehicle flipped blocking me in between the trader and the walls around him. I cannot resell it back because I have not sat in the driver seat yet. I cannot sit in the driver seat because it is flipped. I cannot vault or crawl underneath of it. I cannot die because of god mode. If someone could just remove the UAZ I bought....that would be swell.

Good job still, I hope it lasts still. Josh, Rally and I took out some AI's last night, it was sweet

MosesRN

Quote from: Jyncs on May 09, 2014, 12:24 PM

2. Last night I got stuck at Stary Traders when a spawned vehicle flipped blocking me in between the trader and the walls around him. I cannot resell it back because I have not sat in the driver seat yet. I cannot sit in the driver seat because it is flipped. I cannot vault or crawl underneath of it. I cannot die because of god mode. If someone could just remove the UAZ I bought....that would be swell.

Good job still, I hope it lasts still. Josh, Rally and I took out some AI's last night, it was sweet
Yea, a Huey was buzzing me with their guns and finally took out their pilot and it crashed right in front of me. Really fun!

@Excon, Instead of complaining about everything, why not give constructive criticism as to why Rally should not remove the MK48. There are a ton of more powerful weapons to get, but the MK48 is just stupid good against basically everything. Besides, you can still get them through AI missions. 

ExconHD

Quote from: joshholymoses on May 09, 2014, 12:29 PM

Yea, a Huey was buzzing me with their guns and finally took out their pilot and it crashed right in front of me. Really fun!

@Excon, Instead of complaining about everything, why not give constructive criticism as to why Rally should not remove the MK48. There are a ton of more powerful weapons to get, but the MK48 is just stupid good against basically everything. Besides, you can still get them through AI missions.
It shouldn't be removed just because it's a powerful gun.... It's never been banned on Sft before so why now. If you're going to remove it then take out the PKP, M60, M240,M240 scope etc. Why not the M14 as well it can rapid fire the same round as well same as the Fn Fal. You're making the Mk48 seem a lot more powerful than it is

RallyReaper

Quote from: ExconHD on May 09, 2014, 05:52 AM
Kind of stupid to remove the mk48 because 1 person doesnt like it because they cant avoid bullets while flying/driving.

Um, excon only 1 person posted on here, but i was told by 5 people to remove it due to the OP nature of the gun...

so yeah mate... was our choice, and i havent looked back yet... cause the only way to get it now is from AI missions...

Post Merge: May 09, 2014, 03:43 PM

Quote from: ExconHD on May 09, 2014, 03:03 PM
Quote from: joshholymoses on May 09, 2014, 12:29 PM

It shouldn't be removed just because it's a powerful gun.... It's never been banned on Sft before so why now. If you're going to remove it then take out the PKP, M60, M240,M240 scope etc. Why not the M14 as well it can rapid fire the same round as well same as the Fn Fal. You're making the Mk48 seem a lot more powerful than it is

Also, the m14 also dont have 100 bullets a clip, anyway's it's gone so yeah...

I wouldent worry about it

ExconHD

What about the 4 other LMGs I named? There's a reason that they're in game.

Towelie

Quote from: ExconHD on May 09, 2014, 03:55 PM
You can still find the Mk48 by doing missions. It spawns with a very low rate. IMO it's interesting that you have to work harder to find it :D

RallyReaper

They don't do the 8000 blood damage that the mk 48 mod 0 does, so till i get people complaining about them then ill deal with it. and i mean active players, people who actually play the server xD

Jyncs

So.....I think it got lost, but can you remove that vehicle so I can play and not be stuck?

RallyReaper

Jyncs

ExconHD

Quote from: rallyreaper on May 09, 2014, 04:00 PM

They don't do the 8000 blood damage that the mk 48 mod 0 does, so till i get people complaining about them then ill deal with it. and i mean active players, people who actually play the server xD
Uh yes they do...... The PKP actually does even more than the mk48 because it's 7.62x54 instead of 7.62x51 that the mk48,M60 and M240 variants use. Think about it the mk48 uses M240 belts  why wouldn't the M240 also do 8k damage.

MosesRN

Quote from: ExconHD on May 09, 2014, 05:12 PM

Uh yes they do...... The PKP actually does even more than the mk48 because it's 7.62x54 instead of 7.62x51 that the mk48,M60 and M240 variants use. Think about it the mk48 uses M240 belts  why wouldn't the M240 also do 8k damage.
You have a point on the m240 variant, but I'm not sure about the PKP.

RallyReaper

Quote from: ExconHD on May 09, 2014, 05:12 PM

Yes that is true, I see that now ill begin removing from shop's and only allow them to be obtained via SFT AI Missions

Jyncs

Could it be possible to be able to sell them at the traders and not have them purchasable?

RallyReaper

Quote from: Jyncs on May 09, 2014, 07:22 PM
Could it be possible to be able to sell them at the traders and not have them purchasable?

Actually now that you mention it, Yes it is...

I could make them able to be bought for 100 10oz goldbars so that they cant be bought, and make em able to be sold for something more reasonable