Apr 27, 2024, 06:44 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Global News] McDonald's new horrifying mascot 'Happy'

Started by The Lovin Spoon, May 20, 2014, 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lovin Spoon

McDonald's unveiled a new Happy Meal character on Monday and it's getting battered on social media. The character resembles a Happy Meal box with a giant toothy smile.

Called "Happy," the character is meant to "bring fun and excitement to kids' meals while also serving as an ambassador for balanced and wholesome eating," according to the company. "Happy" will encourage kids to eat fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy and water, the company added. But people appear to be terrified and confused by the new character.

pimmerik

What in the world? In my country 'Happy' has been in commercials for ages. He is creepy as f**k though.

Karkafi

To be honest i prefer him over the pedo demon clown freak

Mgwllw

LaughingPickle78

Fast food companies have a tendency to create creep ass mascots:

The Lovin Spoon

maybe they're supposed to be it

maybe they're fooling kids into not eating fast food and turn out to be the typical american

GRIMI_

Quote from: brE on May 20, 2014, 12:58 PM
"Happy" will encourage kids to eat fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy and water, the company added. But people appear to be terrified and confused by the new character.
This is obviously untrue. If he makes kids want to eat salad, why on earth would kids go to mcdonalds for salad? I got to mcdonalds to eat burgers and gain weight for it. Not to stuff a salad down my throat. If I wanted a salad I would just buy some vegetables etc at the supermarket, chuck it in a bowl and eat. But obviously salad sucks so why would I do that?

Also:
Would you trust this man to babysit your kids?

How about?

Good marketing....

crazygamer113

lioneatszebra

Quote from: LaughingPickle78 on May 22, 2014, 11:14 AM

Only one company does it right...
brb, living offline

Dpa1991

Quote from: djkirsh on Jun 22, 2014, 02:21 AM
Quote from: LaughingPickle78 on May 22, 2014, 11:14 AM

Only one company does it right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrks-BPeLQ

Two companies know how to, mcdonalds and burger king should take some lessons.

SuperJK

McDonalds makes me vomit when I was 5 i vomited from a cheese burger

/warp SteveCoMuseum

MrEpicWonder

Quote from: SuperJK on Nov 11, 2015, 06:34 AMMcDonalds makes me vomit when I was 5 i vomited from a cheese burger

You just bumped a year old topic. Seriously.
Quote from: Towelie on Dec 16, 2015, 09:12 AMI'd still like to see the nativity scene re-enacted in minecraft while I eat popcorn and mock Christians
Quote from: Towelie on Jan 17, 2016, 08:45 AMSending me any inappropriate pictures will cause you to get banned (unless you are a female and 18+)

SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum

SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum

iLaxrv10

Quote from: SuperJK on Nov 12, 2015, 10:28 PMI am Just Saying McDonalds tasted like crap

This topic started in 2014, the last comment before yours was on June 21, 2014, 09:48:41 PM. You commented over 1 year later, you aren't even supposed to bump topics that are over 15 days old unless its completely necessary or its a Sticky Topic.
Ex-Pixelmon Manager
Ex-Survival, Lost Islands, Pocket Edition Elder
Ex-WildWest, B-Team, Factions, Prison Owner

SuperJK

/warp SteveCoMuseum