[Global News] Man kills 6 people because women won't talk to him

Started by The Lovin Spoon, May 24, 2014, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lovin Spoon

A lone gunman killed six people and injured seven more during a shooting rampage Friday night in Isla Vista that Sheriff Bill Brown called "the work of a madman." The suspect was killed after firing on responding deputies, but it's not clear if the fatal wound to his head was self-inflicted or the result of return fire.

The seven injured victims are being treated at Santa Barbara Cottage hospital — some for gunshot wounds, others for trauma sustained when the suspect crashed his car as he was pursued — and one recently underwent surgery for life-threatening injuries.

Initial reports suggested that two suspects were involved in the shooting, but Brown said during a 2:30 a.m. press conference Saturday morning that the gunman acted alone. Brown said the man was armed with a semi-automatic handgun and that investigators are working to determine if other weapons were involved.

The names of the victims and the suspect have not been released. Brown, however, confirmed that written and video material left by 22-year-old Elliot Rodger of Calabasas in the hours and days leading up to the shooting is being reviewed as evidence in to the massacre. "It appears to be connected," he said.

Towelie

Skipping over the fact that he has serious mental problems, why the actual fuck would a guy so mentally disturbed get access to a gun is beside me.
If there was ever a time for change, that time is now. Change gun regulations, impose stricter backgruond checks / psychological testing at the time of a weapon purchase and then yearly.
People should have the right to bear arms, but with a strict control.

Until America fixes that,  prepare to deal with such pointless, mindless shootings several times / year.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

The Lovin Spoon

GRIMI_

This guy is/was obviously absolutely insane. Surely now the US have reason to further control who they give arms to.

The Lovin Spoon

in other news, Elliot Rodgers was son of Peter Rodgers, the co-director of Hunger Games

LaughingPickle78

22 years old and still a virgin fucking cry more. Maybe girls didn't want him because he was a fucking sex depraved psychopath.

They need to not give guns to crazy people. That would be a start. A simple sanity review by a professional would at least be better than nothing.

Mgwllw

On the topic of gun control in the US... I am a very Pro Gun person, but I do think it's time for stronger background checks along with mental health tests.