Apr 27, 2024, 04:01 PM

News:

Proudly established in 2010, still going!

[Pixelmon] A better solution

Started by Dpa1991, May 26, 2014, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerinator

Guys it will be like main you can travel through worlds and still have the same stuff

mafiageorge

I think this solution will work for the time being, however once new pixelmon are added in another update there may be issues.  Since w1 our spawning world will still be 1.6.4 the spawning conditions for newly added pixelmon will only be met by w2, but since pixelmon will not spawn there it may lead to unobtainable pokemon down the line.  Again, for now I completely support this option as I am pretty sure new pokemon are not being added to the mod in 1.7, but down the line it could cause issues.

Dpa1991

Quote from: mafiageorge on May 29, 2014, 01:19 AM
I think this solution will work for the time being, however once new pixelmon are added in another update there may be issues.  Since w1 our spawning world will still be 1.6.4 the spawning conditions for newly added pixelmon will only be met by w2, but since pixelmon will not spawn there it may lead to unobtainable pokemon down the line.  Again, for now I completely support this option as I am pretty sure new pokemon are not being added to the mod in 1.7, but down the line it could cause issues.

From my understanding they're reworking where pokemon spawn. So if a pokemon is moved to a new biome and removed from the old one that pokemon wont be able to be found as the map won't have that biome.

Once 1.7 is released we will switch the current /w1 to /w2 and the new world will be /w1 so spawning will be fine.

I could also modify w2 to spawn pokemon I just have to find the post explaining how to do it again, i think its fairly simple.

onionboys

Quote from: tylerinator on May 28, 2014, 02:47 PM
Guys it will be like main you can travel through worlds and still have the same stuff
Nobody knows what " main " is

mafiageorge

Quote from: Dpa1991 on May 29, 2014, 01:26 AM
Quote from: mafiageorge on May 29, 2014, 01:19 AM

From my understanding they're reworking where pokemon spawn. So if a pokemon is moved to a new biome and removed from the old one that pokemon wont be able to be found as the map won't have that biome.

Once 1.7 is released we will switch the current /w1 to /w2 and the new world will be /w1 so spawning will be fine.

I could also modify w2 to spawn pokemon I just have to find the post explaining how to do it again, i think its fairly simple.

ah ok that actually makes a lot of sense as long as the spawning world is the newest one, in that case this solution is pretty much foolproof and will keep just about everyone happy.  Great idea.

EpicLucario11

Quote from: gigomartin on May 26, 2014, 08:40 AM
well why then explain me first of all the new world would have the same effect as a map reset and has better things and a full reset would mean 1 peops leave that are loyal to the server 2 if you want to restart just ask a mod to set you to zubat 3 this will means we have the soice between 2 worlds connected together and the new pixelmons spawning to  like pixel he almost rage quited yesterday and i believe many other players would do that to also if we would have a full reset that would mean for a bunch of players that they can also go to another 1.7.2 server cus that would have the same effect for many players

Does this make any sense to anyone?
Not to me...