Apr 27, 2024, 11:48 AM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Join us on the Official SFT Plug.dj channel!

Started by Karkafi, May 31, 2014, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karkafi

Decided to keep the waitlist open, so we won't need any resident Djs.

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 01, 2014, 06:57 PM
Quote from: brE on Jun 01, 2014, 06:50 PM
Quote from: HappyNem on Jun 01, 2014, 06:29 PM
The new radio system is better than the SFT radio in every single way, stop being a jerk about it.  When the SFT radio was introduced again, I tried it a few time, but it sounded bad, iffy chat, has Ads, stuck listening to what the DJ wanted, and worst of all, it was never on.  I offered to be DJ so it would have more playing time and you told me none were needed at this time.  If your SFT radio concept was supposed to be like the new one, it failed.

This radio has fun written all over it.  The avatars, the chat, the ability to have the community play and skip music, no ads, great sound, and the videos are backed off of YouTube!  The interactive system of the new radio is what makes it so cool.

What is the advantage of the sft radio vs. this new one?  The old radio was a nice homebrew try at something, but the new one was made for this and it does it well.
because i made the radio and it's official, and who the fuck are you to mind my business

it doesnt matter if this one's better, he cant just fucking come and take my idea and make it his own and then call it official and steal my listeners

it would be the exact same if i opened up a server and advertised it here
The PlugDJ page is official too.
How about we stop all this pointless bitching about who gets to be official and who doesn't.
Continue with SFT Radio if you want, or don't if you don't.
But this is getting to be ridiculous.
ive been working on making the radio fun and creative for the whole fucking community for 2 whole years, do you think it's fair for someone to replace that?

if an absolutely non-custom radio page that takes a couple of minutes to setup is all it takes for people to be happy, then i could just might aswell fuckin give up with all my projects

Towelie

Quote from: brE on Jun 01, 2014, 07:11 PM
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 01, 2014, 06:57 PM
Quote from: brE on Jun 01, 2014, 06:50 PM
Quote from: HappyNem on Jun 01, 2014, 06:29 PM
The new radio system is better than the SFT radio in every single way, stop being a jerk about it.  When the SFT radio was introduced again, I tried it a few time, but it sounded bad, iffy chat, has Ads, stuck listening to what the DJ wanted, and worst of all, it was never on.  I offered to be DJ so it would have more playing time and you told me none were needed at this time.  If your SFT radio concept was supposed to be like the new one, it failed.

This radio has fun written all over it.  The avatars, the chat, the ability to have the community play and skip music, no ads, great sound, and the videos are backed off of YouTube!  The interactive system of the new radio is what makes it so cool.

What is the advantage of the sft radio vs. this new one?  The old radio was a nice homebrew try at something, but the new one was made for this and it does it well.
because i made the radio and it's official, and who the fuck are you to mind my business

it doesnt matter if this one's better, he cant just fucking come and take my idea and make it his own and then call it official and steal my listeners

it would be the exact same if i opened up a server and advertised it here
The PlugDJ page is official too.
How about we stop all this pointless bitching about who gets to be official and who doesn't.
Continue with SFT Radio if you want, or don't if you don't.
But this is getting to be ridiculous.
ive been working on making the radio fun and creative for the whole fucking community for 2 whole years, do you think it's fair for someone to replace that?

if an absolutely non-custom radio page that takes a couple of minutes to setup is all it takes for people to be happy, then i could just might aswell fuckin give up with all my projects
I don't understand all this rage and negativity.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

mordalthunder

The radio is the best place to have quality content, where the plug dj is music that is done by everyone themselves. which can be crap music.

Radio will still get lots of attention.

The plug dj will have 24/7 music, while the radio only provides us with 2-3 hr/ d of content.

HappyNem

Quote from: Karkafi on Jun 01, 2014, 06:45 PM

The community skip feature isn't really reliable since it has to be the majority of listeners that have to "meh" the song. (8 mehs out of 10 listeners for example). Since alot of people will be AFK, we can't garantee that offensive songs will be skipped. As for "what is defined as offensive" I'm pretty sure it will be easy to define them. Nazi/ other political groups propaganda, religious propaganda, songs mocking a certain religion (i.e "Jesus Christ is my *****) and all that bad stuff.

Can managers or bouncers skip songs with out the community meh majority?

onionboys

Quote from: HappyNem on Jun 01, 2014, 09:35 PM

The community skip feature isn't really reliable since it has to be the majority of listeners that have to "meh" the song. (8 mehs out of 10 listeners for example). Since alot of people will be AFK, we can't garantee that offensive songs will be skipped. As for "what is defined as offensive" I'm pretty sure it will be easy to define them. Nazi/ other political groups propaganda, religious propaganda, songs mocking a certain religion (i.e "Jesus Christ is my *****) and all that bad stuff.

That will turn into SFT Radio where the dj decides what song plays

Karkafi

Quote from: Karkafi on Jun 01, 2014, 07:02 PM
Decided to keep the waitlist open, so we won't need any resident Djs.

hobodavid

I get on to try it, and all that happens is everyone bitches at you if they meh a song. I thought the point of this is to allow people to skip a song if they don't like it.

katoon123

Quote from: hobodavid on Jun 01, 2014, 11:04 PM
I get on to try it, and all that happens is everyone bitches at you if they meh a song. I thought the point of this is to allow people to skip a song if they don't like it.

Don't listen to them, it's your choice and they can't change it :D

hobodavid

Quote from: katoon123 on Jun 01, 2014, 11:08 PM
Quote from: hobodavid on Jun 01, 2014, 11:04 PM

Don't listen to them, it's your choice and they can't change it :D
The problem is it's only the staff that's complaining.

Karkafi

They have the right to state their opinion?

Dpa1991

Quote from: tady1 on Jun 02, 2014, 03:11 AM
Quote from: onionboyzz on Jun 01, 2014, 10:14 PM

I have been part of this thing for a few days now and the only time i have seen it get skipped is if it was an actual reason, Like over 5 minutes or not an actual song like somoene just being goofy and all

It's not going to turn into that so don't just sit there and complain about something that hasnt happened (and wont).

Onion, you played one song that I'm aware of and it was a 10 hour long Nyan cat on repeat, besides the obvious fact you broke the 5 minute length rule, did you think everyone was going to sit there for 10 hours listening to that?

Brightpkz

Quote from: Dpa1991 on Jun 02, 2014, 03:40 AM

I have been part of this thing for a few days now and the only time i have seen it get skipped is if it was an actual reason, Like over 5 minutes or not an actual song like somoene just being goofy and all

It's not going to turn into that so don't just sit there and complain about something that hasnt happened (and wont).

Onion, you played one song that I'm aware of and it was a 10 hour long Nyan cat on repeat, besides the obvious fact you broke the 5 minute length rule, did you think everyone was going to sit there for 10 hours listening to that?

^

Staff were needed evidently for that. So that players don't just troll and put a 10hour song and make everyone suffer. Onion, you have to understand that this is hosted under SFT's name, and if others come in and see 10 hours of nyan cat, most definitely they will have a bad impression. So I suggest you become a little more considerate for others.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Stariieyed

I don't understand how a staff skipping a song because its not getting meh'd and it breaks 1 or more of the rules means that i'll turn into just dj's deciding. Just cause a bouncer or other staff member has the ablitity to skip a song doesn't mean they will just cause they don't like the song. I'd go as far to call that an abuse of power. :P I'd say only skip a song if it breaks one or more rules or if its their own.

deeklz

Quote from: Stariieyed on Jun 02, 2014, 04:13 AM

I don't understand how a staff skipping a song because its not getting meh'd and it breaks 1 or more of the rules means that i'll turn into just dj's deciding. Just cause a bouncer or other staff member has the ablitity to skip a song doesn't mean they will just cause they don't like the song. I'd go as far to call that an abuse of power. :P I'd say only skip a song if it breaks one or more rules or if its their own.

From what I see plug.dj as...

It's a radio system where you can set up your own playlist and join others to play your music and share with everyone. If people like it, they can "Woot" it. If they don't like it, they can "meh" it and if it gets enough mehs, it'll be skipped.

If someone was playing an offensive song, but there were a few people and they were AFK with one staff member that's not AFK, they should be able to skip it. Just because the staff doesn't like it doesn't mean they can just skip it, so that wouldn't turn into dj deciding. The staff even need their own guidelines that are enforced. Make it like; "Do not skip a song only if YOU don't like it. Only do the will of the people, yours included."

@hobodavid

If the staff is complaining about you meh'ing a song, think of it as them booing your opinion. If the staff like it but you don't, it shouldn't give them the authority to yell at you about it. You guys should look into that.

hobodavid

It wasn't the fact that they disagreed with me, it was how they went about it. Several of them were insulting people, calling them morons, etc, because there song got skipped.

Karkafi

If you're just going to complain about "staff insulting people" without including any proof won't lead to anything. PM me screenshots if you got them, and I'll deal with them.

Towelie

Quote from: Karkafi on Jun 02, 2014, 09:13 PM
If you're just going to complain about "staff insulting people" without including any proof won't lead to anything. PM me screenshots if you got them, and I'll deal with them.
^

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

HappyNem

Every new idea has a bumpy start, so far I think this has been a fun and entertaining addition to SFT.  After things get ironed out and people get a set of rules to follow it will run as smooth as any of the  wonderful SFT servers :)

katoon123

This is really cool, love the features it has.