August 1st - The end of the SFT Donator Shop as you know it.

Started by Towelie, Jun 16, 2014, 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Quote from: mordalthunder on Jun 16, 2014, 10:44 PM
Make a f2p and p2p server, strip stuff from the f2p and make the p2p server 5 dollars a month.
people transferring from f2p to p2p is possible, transferring from p2p to f2p is not possible.
this is what i suggested a week ago, but nobody bothered to respond to it.
Problem with pay to play is that honestly nobody will pay to play.
Even I think it's not a good idea and I personally wouldn't play to pay on a server when there's thousands out there that you can play for free on.

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

TheGoldenKibby

What aggrivates me the most is that Mojang acts like all the feedback abut this EULA is positive. In one of @Dinnerbone's tweets, he said this:
<insert attachment here>

I am also rather upset that they are claiming every plugin compatible with minecraft; evidently, you can't make money off of your own plugins.

MyToesAreBlue

GotAnError

May I point out that the people who bash on Dinnerbone saying only the minority dislikes this new EULA situation might be wrong here? I went to a forum and I see many people say they love this new thing. Mostly players from hardcore PvP servers who hate losing to people who donated for these god kits which make them nearly invulnerable. And come on, PvP is a must in Minecraft, so lots of people have that point of view.

Then there is a second group, the equalists, who just like this because "yaaaay fairness". They just think the game can be enjoyed most when everybody gets the same exact experience.

Then we have the group of people who think everyone is overreacting - they think not everything is as bad as "this minority" thinks it will be. They think everyone should see first before they complain.

And then there is the fourth group, the anti-Mojang rebellion, the people who hate this new implementation with a passion. The people who see this as the downfall of Minecraft, the end of what once was this great innovative game, made by once a respected company called Mojang.

That is one group out of four. They're just the loudest because they talk the most. I am not bashing on anyone here. Not at all. Opinions are opinions. But to me, this won't matter much. If this ends Minecraft, then I will just find another game. To servers hosts, this must be a near-worst case scenario and I can't speak up for them. But maybe they are right, maybe it is just a minority that actually hates this.
Screw the modern world! Our lovely earth is flat, ask the Medieval men!

Cesspitsid

gigomartin

well maybe it aint the best thing to do but at least there maybe is a way to set a new voting system

sample

you can vote at 5 servers every day and there are 30 days in a month that makes 150 votes a month what if there should be gived away a donaters card when you vote 135 times a month and some other small things i gues that will increase the growing of the server and sindse you dont let people pay for it why wont it be aloud

mordalthunder

Jun 17, 2014, 07:30 AM #57 Last Edit: Jun 17, 2014, 07:35 AM by mordalthunder
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 17, 2014, 03:26 AM
Quote from: mordalthunder on Jun 16, 2014, 10:44 PM
Make a f2p and p2p server, strip stuff from the f2p and make the p2p server 5 dollars a month.
people transferring from f2p to p2p is possible, transferring from p2p to f2p is not possible.
this is what i suggested a week ago, but nobody bothered to respond to it.
Problem with pay to play is that honestly nobody will pay to play.
Even I think it's not a good idea and I personally wouldn't play to pay on a server when there's thousands out there that you can play for free on.

There won't be any f2p servers left after this EULA, we can atleast try.

My vision:

QuoteCan I offer a limited trial period for all users?
Yes. So long as both trial and paying users have access to the same gameplay features during the trial, we're cool with it.

Server 1: survival - pay 2 play with trial
Players get a one month trial in which they can play as much as they like on out pay 2 play server, when the month is over they either have to choice to pay 3 dollars / month or don't play anymore.

Server 2: pixelmon pay 2 play with trial
Players get a one month trial in which they can play as much as they like on our pay 2 play server, when the month is over they either have to choice to pay 3 dollars / month or don't play anymore.

QuoteCan I award all players with a gameplay feature if I reach a donation goal within a time period
Yes, so long as all players receive the benefit regardless of who donated then it's OK.

- Add stacked timed full server rewards
  o (player 1) donates 5 dollar to give the whole server for 12hrs double xp boost
  o (player 2) donates 10 dollar to give the whole server for 24hr double sftmmo xp boost
  o (player 3) donates 20 dollar to give triple diamonds for the whole server for 6hrs

How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?
Users may keep the perks they've paid for on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly or purchasable using soft currency). It's up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions.

Wwe need to introduce all the 'old' packages with a EMP price.

Towelie

Making our servers pay to play would kill our playerbase :S

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

gigomartin

towelie what about my idee

Post Merge: Jun 17, 2014, 07:54 AM

Quote from: gigomartin on Jun 17, 2014, 06:58 AM
well maybe it aint the best thing to do but at least there maybe is a way to set a new voting system

sample

you can vote at 5 servers every day and there are 30 days in a month that makes 150 votes a month what if there should be gived away a donaters card when you vote 135 times a month and some other small things i gues that will increase the growing of the server and sindse you dont let people pay for it why wont it be aloud
this one

mordalthunder

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 17, 2014, 07:49 AM

True, the lurkers that can't afford to pay 3 dollars a month would leave, which is about 1/3.
SFT is a community that has a very old player base, 2/3 of the people are here for 1 year+
If they can't afford 3 dollars a month to play on a server, they won't find any better ones for free somewhere else.
I think 90% of the servers would switch to a subscription based gameplay instead of a f2p gameplay

Dogggeh

yes they can find free the big servers dont have to obey mojang has gave them different rules so they can avoid these rules. so playing will be free

PS. Tow can u plz check ur pm's thought of a great idea for funding

Brightpkz

I like this idea, and I think to further fund more, we could also try expand our merchandise shop, maybe we could sell more mugs, toys, etc.

Call me Bond. Bright Bond.
Elytra Creds to Cayko <33

Towelie

Quote from: Brightpkz on Jun 17, 2014, 08:50 AM
I like this idea, and I think to further fund more, we could also try expand our merchandise shop, maybe we could sell more mugs, toys, etc.
Yeaaah, that's not gonna work. We sold exactly 3 t-shirts in 3 years. And we already have mugs.

gigomartin

what about the things where allready got donated for everyone will lose that if not everyone can get it so that means like fly i donated for or i will lose it or it have to be able to get it in the game i will donate again soon if i am shure it wont be just a waste of my money cus i am about to buy suporter but if we will lose that i am not gonna spend the 100 euros

Towelie

Quote from: gigomartin on Jun 17, 2014, 11:09 AM
what about the things where allready got donated for everyone will lose that if not everyone can get it so that means like fly i donated for or i will lose it or it have to be able to get it in the game i will donate again soon if i am shure it wont be just a waste of my money cus i am about to buy suporter but if we will lose that i am not gonna spend the 100 euros
I already said on separate occasions that those that donate for them WILL NOT LOSE them

gigomartin

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 17, 2014, 11:27 AM
Quote from: gigomartin on Jun 17, 2014, 11:09 AM
I already said on separate occasions that those that donate for them WILL NOT LOSE them
ow okay ty :)

GazzyMonkey

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: GazzyMonkey on Jun 17, 2014, 12:04 PM
Is flymod included in the EULA?
It's mentioned as the type of donation item they want to remove yeah as it's "game breaking"

Towelie

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jun 17, 2014, 12:09 PM
It's mentioned as the type of donation item they want to remove yeah as it's "game breaking"
^ yup

gigomartin

but will we keep fly at all? like not donating cus that just aint possible anymore but will it get something you can get by working hard?

Post Merge: Jun 17, 2014, 12:15 PM

Quote from: gigomartin on Jun 17, 2014, 12:13 PM
but will we keep fly at all? like not donating cus that just aint possible anymore but will it get something you can get by working hard?
cus ik donaters keep their things but if that with fly the same idk that :P

GazzyMonkey

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 17, 2014, 12:10 PM
Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jun 17, 2014, 12:09 PM
^ yup
crap, i never bought that

Karkafi

We can add back the donation bar we had in 2012-2013

At 75 euros, Everyone gets Haste for x hour(s)
At 150 euros, Double XP for x hour(s)
At 250 euros, Jump boost for x hour(s)
At 350 euros, Double SFTMMO XP for x hour(s)
At 450 euros, Health boost for x hour(s)
At 500 euros, big drop party/ unique event

deeklz

Quote from: mordalthunder on Jun 17, 2014, 07:54 AM
Quote from: Towelie on Jun 17, 2014, 07:49 AM

True, the lurkers that can't afford to pay 3 dollars a month would leave, which is about 1/3.
SFT is a community that has a very old player base, 2/3 of the people are here for 1 year+
If they can't afford 3 dollars a month to play on a server, they won't find any better ones for free somewhere else.
I think 90% of the servers would switch to a subscription based gameplay instead of a f2p gameplay

I really dislike this idea. Like, a lot. "The lurkers that can't afford to pay 3 dollars a month?" Just because we can't pay 3 dollars doesn't mean we don't like the server and just 'lurk.' I know some people's parents would never let them use a credit card to play on a Minecraft server, including me.

I really dislike p2p. Please keep this as f2p. Maybe, as a f2p server, we could attract more attention by being one of the few f2p. Just a thought.

Towelie

I will never ever ever ever EVER ask for money to allow access to my server.
I think it's a terrible idea and I personally wouldn't pay to play on a server when there are thousands others around for free.

So don't worry.