Apr 27, 2024, 01:33 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

The EULA won't kill SFT, seriously!

Started by Towelie, Jun 17, 2014, 07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoctheMilkman

Quote from: brE on Jun 18, 2014, 11:27 PM
if people are leaving the community because of this, i wouldnt be mad at all

it just show that they're unloyal for not helping the owner of the community from a situation like this, so they can just as good leave. So yeah, this wouldnt be a big problem in my opinion, if the playerbase is as loyal as they say

but sure, the bills is a problem, though

This is true, i know it's great to have a lot of players on, but having a lot of players on dosent pay the bills. If they leave it will only shorten the amount of players on, if they weren't going to donate anyway it shouldn't effect the current situation, or make it any worse i guess.

hoggydoggy

adding forum ranks for donators would be a good way to get a little extra money, and maybe add non-intrusive advertisements. There are a few other ways you can get some income such as amazon referral links.

Dpa1991

The EULA wont kill SFT but it will change SFT a lot and stump our growth. I've done some brainstorming on ways we could still take donations and research on more affordable hosting. I've found a sister company of our current host that are cheaper, so worst comes to worst we can switch hosts there and get 2 servers (slightly weaker) for the cost of one of our current ones.

We wont let SFT die, we just won't be as big as we are today most likely.