Apr 27, 2024, 07:09 PM

News:

Support us on Patreon and get exclusive perks!

Explanation of the new donator shop items

Started by Towelie, Jun 25, 2014, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towelie

Jun 25, 2014, 07:49 PM Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014, 07:58 PM by Towelie
I'd like to explain the new items we have added and what they do:

Armor Locker
After purchasing this, you will have access to the /armor command. That command allows you to color leather armor in multiple ways. First way, the default screen, allows you to quickly color the armor in the color of all the available wools / precious metals. However, if that's not enough for you, you can click on "Advanced Mode" and the armor window turns into a full fledged RGB color editor in which millions of shades are possible (255*255*255)
For more details, see BluetigerESW's video.

Hats
After purchasing this, you will have access to the /hat command. This command opens a graphical user interface which allows you to pick a hat from tens that are already available. More hats can be easily added by an admin, and will be added by request or when new items are added. These aren't just normal blocks, they are customized hats. NOTE: You cannot take the block off your head. IF you attempt to do that, it will dissapear. This is normal and intended.

Vanity Pack
After purchasing this, whenever you join the server, three random fireworks will be played above your head, and whenever you leave the server, a non-harming lightning strike will hit where you used to stand.

ReNametags
You can now rename items in-game. To re-name an item, hold it in hand and type /name <yourdesiredname>.
However, in order to rename items you need ReNametags. You can purchase these in the donator shop with prices starting from 5 Eur for 10 ReNametags or more advantageous bundles at a higher price. Why we are selling nametags instead of just the permission to rename items? Because otherwise, a single player would've bought permissions and would've renamed items for the entire server. Also, because we need donations to pay the bills and we need more "recurring" donations - items that players donate for more than once.

Drop a SteveCo Crate/Key
After purchasing this, a SteveCo Crate of your choice (or Key) will be dropped to all the online players, along with a broadcast that will tell the server who performed this kind gesture.

Invite Everyone to MobArena
We added this after repeatedly seing players desperately trying to get other players to play MobArena. For 1.5 Eur (any cheaper than this and paypal would've taken all the money in taxes), you can now have a boss-bar broadacst, telling everyone that <playername> is inviting them to MobArena.

Broadcast your shop
Self explanatory. For 4 Eur you can broadcast your shop in-game. NOTE: The broadcast only runs once, but it's the boss bar broadcast, not the normal one, so much more visible.

The others I believe are self explanatory.

This is the part where I ask questions and answer them myself:

Q: But Towelie, why start selling everything all of a sudden?
A: With the new EULA being enforced since August 1st, we will no longer be able to sell any gameplay affecting items (such as EmpBucks, diamonds, flymod, etc). We will only be able to sell cosmetic items or global items (hence why "buy everyone online flymod for a month" is  in the donator shop).

Q: Why did you take /head away from us? We really liked it.
A: I am sorry, but we had to take /head away in order to make the /hat plugin more attractive for players. We have to pay the bills and we are pretty scared of this whole EULA thing. Sorry :S

Q: What else are you gonna take from us next?
A: Nothing, we promise!

Q: Why should I donate?
A: If you like the new donator items we added, and most importantly, if you enjoy your time on SFT and would like SFT to continue existing for more than a few months, PLEASE DONATE!

Q: My parents don't allow me to donate
A: No problem! There are other ways in which you can help us if you want to: Vote for us daily, +1 our modpack and spread the word to your friends!

Huge thanks to a**hole for developing these plugins

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/
Psst, got a Nintendo Switch? Add me -> SW-6574-1607-3796

maxwolf28

Awesome, thanks stu! I will try and convince my parents to let me donate again! :D

MobileHome18

unrealistic

We're going to keep things we've already donated for, correct?

Eternal_Jamie

Quote from: unrealistic on Jun 25, 2014, 09:41 PM
We're going to keep things we've already donated for, correct?
As said/asked in every other post about the eula, yes old donators will keep all their perms.

AMDMgames

is there going to be ways to purchase the old perms for like autoshops, flymod, etc. by paying emp?

Towelie

Quote from: AMDMgames on Jun 26, 2014, 03:51 AM
is there going to be ways to purchase the old perms for like autoshops, flymod, etc. by paying emp?
To be determined

Follow me on Instagram (i post cool stuff) https://www.instagram.com/toweliewtf/

Chous

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 26, 2014, 04:16 AM
Quote from: AMDMgames on Jun 26, 2014, 03:51 AM
To be determined
I'm guessing you already know it, but just to be sure, if you let old donators keep their perms, you have to sell by EMP or some other method in game.

happypinecones

Thanks stu, they are sOme really cool plugins. I have a suggestion for the armor looker, have an option for the enchanted look. A you could way to do it is just have an option for an unbreaking enchant but obviously you will be the best judge of that :D

Towelie

Quote from: happypinecones on Jun 26, 2014, 06:27 AM
Thanks stu, they are sOme really cool plugins. I have a suggestion for the armor looker, have an option for the enchanted look. A you could way to do it is just have an option for an unbreaking enchant but obviously you will be the best judge of that :D
A separate plugin will be made that allows you to give the "glow" to items without actually enchanting them

BluetigerESW

Quote from: Towelie on Jun 26, 2014, 08:17 AM
Quote from: happypinecones on Jun 26, 2014, 06:27 AM
A separate plugin will be made that allows you to give the "glow" to items without actually enchanting them
Will It be a donator item? (If you don't mind me asking)
I enjoy the act of xD-ing, like if you agree

onionboys

If mojang realizes how stupid this new EULA is and removes this new donator shop violation thing, will the old donator shop come back

Fractalion

The lightning bolts have been tested and do not affect item frames and other entities, right?

Towelie

Quote from: onionboyzz on Jun 27, 2014, 06:02 AM
If mojang realizes how stupid this new EULA is and removes this new donator shop violation thing, will the old donator shop come back
If that happens, yes but i doubt it will.

Towelie

Quote from: Fractalion on Jun 27, 2014, 06:13 AM
The lightning bolts have been tested and do not affect item frames and other entities, right?
It doesn't harm entities, I am not 100% sure about item frames. Will test :P