Jun 04, 2024, 04:46 AM

News:

Like our community? Please +1 our modpack here

[Gaming] Sims 4 will not feature Pools or Toddlers

Started by The Lovin Spoon, Jun 27, 2014, 02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: Maxis• First and foremost, you the player have complete control over your Sims – and now their emotions. Just like in previous Sims games, you'll have the ability to select different levels of autonomy for your Sims so you get the level of control you're most comfortable with. And rest assured, we're doing an absolutely massive amount of tuning to make sure emotion gameplay enhances the experience for you storytellers and machinima artists, rather than creating a new obstacle.

• Build Mode truly is the most powerful, and fun, Build Mode we've ever created. While it's not possible for us to include every single feature and piece of content we added to The Sims 3 over the last 5 years, we've added features that you've asked for and that offer a whole new intuitive and fun way to build. These are features like Wall Height Adjustment, Dynamic Foundation Sizing, and Smart Windows! And though pool building won't be available in September, we do have a new Fountain Tool so you can create sophisticated landscapes. Whether you were a novice builder in The Sims 3, or an experienced pro, I really think you're going to love The Sims 4's build mode.

• When it comes to connecting with other players online – The Sims 4 is the game you want it to be. You can browse other players' creations or share your own directly from the game to the all new Gallery, or you can turn it off with a click of a button. While we'd love for you to check out what the world of The Sims community has to offer (you make amazing things!), making the game that you want to play and giving you control is our priority.

• We are also very excited about our new Create A Sim! You probably guess this since we've been showing it off everywhere. We're particularly proud of our new Genetics system, where you can create relatives from any other Sim. It's like a game in itself! As for ages, we have babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and elders. With our new personalities, you can really feel how their individuality plays out in the gameplay. We can't wait for you to try it.

• We also have beautiful Neighborhoods! Did you know that for the first time ever in The Sims, your Sims will be able to not only travel between Neighborhoods, but also between entire Worlds without having to start a new game!? This is something that I always wanted in The Sims 3, and I'm so excited to finally have it in The Sims 4. Neighborhoods and Worlds will be separated by a short load screen, but for the first time you'll be able to live in one world and work (or play) in another! All of your Sim's personality, accomplishments, and relationships stay with them as they travel around the best play-space we've ever created in a The Sims game.

I know that this quick blog can't possibly answer all of your questions about TS4, but I hope it fills in some of the areas you've been wondering about. You can see we've made some key decisions to focus on new aspects of the game – things like our all new Sims, vibrant neighborhoods, and powerful creative tools - just a to name a few. And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won't be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we're building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come. The future of The Sims 4 is bright!

Eternal_Jamie

QuoteAs for ages, we have babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and elders.
Seems like there will be babies just not toddlers, which I can live with... dunno if I'll get it though I still preferred sims 2 to sims 3.

But this mean I won't be able to kill them off in a pool anymore which sucks D:

The Lovin Spoon

Quote from: Eternal_Jamie on Jun 27, 2014, 02:52 PM
QuoteAs for ages, we have babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and elders.
Seems like there will be babies just not toddlers, which I can live with... dunno if I'll get it though I still preferred sims 2 to sims 3.
fixed, sori lol